1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

That's the best anyone has ever proven able to do regarding Trump's sins.

2. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

does any of Trumps 'sins' divert attention from the Swamps corruption?...
    "It more like people are trying to divert attention from it''... because that's what the MSM have spruiked for 2+ years
    the question should not be how does a billionaire become President ... but how do members of Congress become multi millionaires?...

3. rah

rah Deity Supporter

THEY"RE BOTH BAD. and anyone that believe that Trump is as pure as snow is living in fantasy land.

4. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

another question could be, "has a billionaire ever become president?"

El_Machinae and hobbsyoyo like this.
  5. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Maybe if we saw his tax returns we'd know. :lol:

El_Machinae likes this.
  6. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

they are both bad... I understand that Trump is not ''Snow White" does not mean he is not out to Drain the Swamp being the new kid in town
    Why are you so against Trump when you shout "THEY"RE BOTH BAD" shouldn't you apply the " It more like people are trying to divert attention from it.'' principle to the Swamp

7. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Yes, Old Hippy, he is not out to drain the swamp. That was just a campaign rally chant.

The swamp is a problem. It should be drained. Trump will do nothing to do so.

It seems that you're putting a lot of stock in his claim that he means to. But again, that was just a rally chant.

8. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Carter Page wasn't trolling the election either. Thats the story about Steele the surveillance people gave the judge, it remains to be seen if the judge was told the extent of his job. So who was accusing the Trump campaign? The Clinton campaign. And who was 'investigating' it? The Obama administration.

and Obama mocked Romney for calling Russia our main threat

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  9. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

But you did, just last week someone "leaked" 10 years of his tax returns ... apart from being a nothing burger it was another nail in the coffin for CNN's madcow conspiracy show

10. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Well, those showed he'd lost a billion over ten years. And you figure you have to have more than a billion to lose a billion, so ok. But you don't have to necessarily have a full billion more than a billion to lose a billion. Moreover, remember, those ended in 1994. So he's had two decades more to lose, well, at that rate, at least two more billion. At some point all this losing of billions is going to leave him a non-billionaire.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  11. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Russians were, Page was in league with Russians. Trump has a long history with them too, thus the dossier had merit.

Calling the FBI "the Obama administration" is a real problem moving forward in US politics.

12. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Not a fan of Biden. You are not shaking me up or anything. I'm for investigating Biden if there is evidence of illegality, especially if it rivals the amount of apparent illegality the Trump campaign has generated. Just on the face of it, it doesn't appear any worse than 90% of the corporate kleptocratic crap that has been going on since the beginning of time. I don;t approve, but it doesn't seem traitorous per se.

13. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

you seem to be of the view that Barr and John Durham just want to investigate the corruption at the highest levels of Government for lol's
    I look forward to your Limerick on the topic next month :mischief:
    more importantly when did they start, remember the short but severe recession of 1990... and trumps book 'the art of the comeback'
    So he is so poor he can not afford his billionaire toys any more like Trump Force One is an informal name for Donald Trump's private jet. The current incarnation of Trump Force One is a Boeing 757... oh wait :mischief:

14. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Is it weird for you idolizing an American businessman to this degree?

15. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Oh, you don't have to wait a month. I'll work one up right now if you want.

They're not investigating corruption. They're creating a distraction. What they're doing is corrupt.

(That's not the limerick. That's just something I wanted to say. Gimmie a minute on the limerick.)

16. rah

rah Deity Supporter

No, I've just decided that I'm tired of it and that I'm going to stop holding democrats accountable for their shortcomings until the republicans start holding their own accountable.
    Let me know when that happens then I'll start giving a crap.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  17. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Those returns were 25 years old. I want to see more recent one. Don't you?

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  18. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

I don't idolise him but he is the only one who can take the poop the Swamp throws at him and just carry on regardless
    We have the comey investigation coming out this week, Doug Collins is releasing 50 sworn testimonies before congressional committees, the DOJ IG report is coming out Bar has appointed John Durham who was investigating matters as far back as dec last year...and Trump has still not used the FISA report the IG has been declassify since the Dems and MSM said it was a red line in the Mueller investigation
    Like I have always said justice moves slowly when you obey the law... especially in Washington DC
    @rah
    and spoil your surprise :mischief:

19. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Christopher Steele said Carter Page was in league with the Russians, he wasn't. So he was spied on, his life was invaded and he was smeared because... because Trump threw his name out and Christopher Steele turned him into a 'traitor'. Vote Hillary!

20. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Yea not a Hilary supporter either, but again just because Page was in the wrong place at the wrong time looking like he was doing the wrong thing doesn't mean the FBI was illegally spying on the trump campaign. Just because the police were wrong doesn't make them complicit in a crime and insofar as I can tell there has not been a systematic cover up of their proceedings on the matter or anything. Should we have a long discussion about what and where we want lines drawn around campaigns, foreign interests, and counter intelligence? Yea I think at this point that would be a good conversation to have. Are we going to get that in this all out cut throat environment where at every stage the president has escalated and made over half the US population his mortal enemy? Nope.