2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what percentage of racists vote republican. I'd bet high 90s. Maybe more.

I really don't want to enjoin this nonsense. It was racist when it was said to the Irish 150 years ago. It is racist now. There has never been a time when it hasn't been racist. Be it black, white, asian, or whatever. No one on this forum is actually ignorant of American history enough to excuse this nonsense. They should know well enough the context, the intention, the incitement.

Being a jerk =/= racism. Country affiliation isn't the same thing as race. Or if you disagree, you're forced to take a rather unfortunate position regarding Americans...

Wonder what percentage of racists vote republican. I'd bet high 90s. Maybe more.

Considering open racism on the Democratic platform, no. It's not 50/50, but I'd be surprised it it were too far off.

Depends how you want to define "racist" though. If you go strict enough, everybody is a racist.

We are curently facing a re-definition (in which direction depends on your POV) of the word ‘American’.

I guess that's the new bar set for presidents. It's ok to be a jerk, but better not be a blatant racist.
Sorry, if I prefer a little more dignity from the office.

Being a jerk =/= racism. Country affiliation isn't the same thing as race. Or if you disagree, you're forced to take a rather unfortunate position regarding Americans...

Race is entirely fictional, so all you can do is pretend that other groups of people constitute races. The Irish were certainly subject to this racialization in US (and British) history.

Yep, I was a called a WOP all the time growing up, and I was born here. I was 16 before I learned what it actually meant. I laughed at the ignorance of it.

Are you talking about the prison reform? That's the expansion of a successful test pilot project from the previous administration. Sometimes governments actually try to be good at governing.

So the racist expanded a program started by a black guy to free black people?

Again, you're just guessing on the black friends thing. But since Trump hates poor people, based on percentages you're probably in error.
I think the fact that it was passed because of bipartisan support claiming either side has the better moral claim based on it, is kind of silly. I'll give that one a draw, and focus on other items that aren't. Trump has a long record. Some dems do also. I will not defend either.

Its a good guess... I doubt Trump has many poor friends regardless of race, but we're talking about his friends, not people he hates. The sides are not the people from the 2 parties that voted for the bill, the sides are Trump and the white Democrats who put all those black people in prison. Hillary, Biden, Sanders, etc. That is not a draw and it was Trump who pushed for those reforms and he is why they passed. While you're focusing on other items, please explain why a racist would that.

It's interesting to see how the Berzerker subject has become so identified with the Trump subject that he is engaging in the same tactics with only a slight difference in wording, roughly to the condensed form ‘no i'm not a racist you're no u sad’.

What tactics?

please explain why a racist would that.
He's a narcissist, he wants to be adored. And that's why he acts like a racist, he wants to be adored.
He'll do whatever the crowd in front of him wants him too. And we know what type of crowds he gets.

Yeah. He's a man of the moment. I've known many racists that could appear not to be when they wanted, and appear very when they wanted.

Race is entirely fictional, so all you can do is pretend that other groups of people constitute races. The Irish were certainly subject to this racialization in US (and British) history.

Have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise time for gamer race and short person race issues.

This would be where, like, history and actual reality (by contrast with the purely logical world of the Forms) comes into play

Discrimination against gamers less so/is more typically social and less dramatic.

Systemic discrimination on the basis of height is a real, non-trivial thing. Not that most people seem to care compared to more politically convenient narrative, despite its scale + the fact that it's something people largely can't control (though is influenced by socio-economic factors to some extent!). That this isn't a politically charged topic in its own right by either party reeks.

And that does in no way whatsoever mean that Trump is not a racist.

Nor does it means that his policies and his politics are also racist.

Bill and Hillary were Donald's good friends. Bill and Donald also had Epstein as their friend.

Not really. Acquaintances, sure, but it is clear that Trump's psychology does not allow him to form friendships in the real sense of that word.

uneducated,

Using "uneducated" as an insult is uncalled for and it is a major reason why liberals lost the 2016 election

Using "uneducated" as an insult is uncalled for ...

You're right. I should have said "under-educated," e.g. He's never read the Constitution, he doesn't know how tariffs work, he doesn't know who we're fighting against and fighting for in Afghanistan, he doesn't know how NATO is funded, he doesn't understand science...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom