1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Tucker Carlson was complaining about the prosecutor's race in Fairfax County, apparently the Democrat (Descano) was heavily funded by George Soros and supports ending prosecutions for small pot busts and cutting back on bail. Sounds good to me, Tucker. The drug war and bail system are immoral.

cardgame and Hygro like this.
  2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

The BBC is quoting him as claiming "unspecified irregularities". Republicans have clung to power in Mississippi, whilst Democrats seized full control of the legislature in Virginia for the first time in over 20 years.

3. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Yeah, what has happened the last few days should really worry Republicans. No matter how you try to spin it, it's still bad.

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I just read that the Republican who just lost the Kentucky Governor's race can refuse to concede and contest the election which would force it into a vote by the State legislature, which is controlled by... you guessed it... Republicans.

I'm finding it hard to imagine that he would not do exactly this.

hobbsyoyo, Lexicus and Phrossack like this.
  5. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Its ok though because you know its republicans and its cool that they hate democracy. Its like in style

6. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Just how bad are they willing to look. At some point, you have to figure that it's the final straw.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  7. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Fake news. Der Trumpenfuhrer will win in a blitzkrieg through the mid west.

8. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

Their voters absolutely do not care at all, so...

9. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

I don't think this is true at all. They do care, it's just, they approve. They think this is 100% justified to keep the Demon-rats out of power.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  10. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Yeah, piss off the liberals has been quite a smart strategy.

11. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Actually, if you ask most of them they will say something about stopping the Baby Holocaust, probably.

12. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I've got a lot of brain dead family in Florida and all they talk about is pissing off the liberals at all cost. Or despite the cost it seems.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  13. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I think it is ridiculous how make-belief the polls are. Wasn't it just last week that Buttigieg polled at 10% (double digits for the first time in a poll)? And now he is supposedly polling at 18%-19%?
    Curious how it coincides with an orderly retreat of the "frontrunner" Biden too. I suppose it isn't fake, just the public love for Butt.

Will be funny when Iowa votes and all these idiocies get out of the way. I suppose then the spin will be "oh, half the voters decided at the final minute".

14. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Iowa does a caucus, not an election, and caucuses are essentially impossible to poll beforehand.

15. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Then maybe having polls with a 10% margin of error isn't a good idea in the first place :) Then again, it seems the narrative of "polling at fourth place, but it is a strong fourth" already had become a meme, so they needed more to make Butt kissable.

16. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

@Sommerswerd do you think Michael Bloomberg entering the race and losing might create some of the same dynamic you were talking about if Clinton entered and was defeated?

17. Sommerswerd

No. However I am hopeful that he creates another dynamic, and I am suspicious about whether this is in fact his intent... I think that Bloomberg entering the race potentially splits Biden's vote, albeit slightly, and makes Warren and/or Sanders the clear frontrunner(s).

As a side effect, Bloomberg may also pull voters from Bootyjudge, and force him out of the race.

18. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Why would this be his intent? He wants to make Sanders or Warren the frontrunner so that Trump will win? or is it some more complex calculation where making them the frontrunners will make them lose the nomination?

19. Sommerswerd

What I am thinking, is that he has to have some motivation other than winning the Presidency as he certainly knows he has no chance at that. We know that he hates Trump and wants Trump out, so it just seems like this might be some calculated move to make that more likely. The two possibilities that sprung to mind when I heard this morning that he was running are:

1. He thinks that his candidacy will force the field to be more "moderate", ie softer on billionaires like him.
    2. He thinks the current lack of a clear frontrunner will create a situation where Trump is able to limp back into the Presidency, therefore he is trying to kneecap Biden so Warren or Sanders can emerge as the frontrunner.

I can't really see what his game would be other than those two things... Unless its just straigthforward, delusional vanity.

20. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Sommer, he's a billionaire.