2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty pool man. When a Republican makes that claim they are just trying to counter the "hate all non-Republicans" tar that they are being brushed with. The claim is about a purely hypothetical "Democrat." Asking for specific names is a low blow.

Jesse White seems a fine public servant.

Bernie could be worse, like the current president is.

Reactions: rah
Buttigieg is polling nationally at 7%. Obviously he isn't going to be the nomination, regardless of the clownship at Cnn, NBC etc.

Too early to say that. Prior to the first primaries the "obscure" candidates don't have enough name recognition to score in polling. But if he manages a strong showing in one or more early primaries the name recognition will come.

Jesse White seems a fine public servant.

Bernie could be worse, like the current president is.

You are atypical, so an obvious exception to my comment...as always.

Too early to say that. Prior to the first primaries the "obscure" candidates don't have enough name recognition to score in polling. But if he manages a strong showing in one or more early primaries the name recognition will come.

Even assuming such (which seems unlikely to me), you can't be nominated if you are polling near zero with black people and "hispanics".

Even assuming such (which seems unlikely to me), you can't be nominated if you are polling near zero with black people and "hispanics".

Look at preliminary polling for Bill Clinton in 1991. Look at preliminary polling for Jimmy Carter in 1975. They were both total unknowns outside the core of the Democratic party. Southern state governors with no national profile at all. If Clinton hadn't pulled off "a miracle" in New Hampshire his campaign was over.

That's a cop out. You must keep bad company.

You think you are typical Republican material? My friend, the Antelope Valley Republican League would hang you from the nearest tree if you showed up at one of their meetings. They hate me more than they hate the average Democrat because I claim (falsely, in their estimation) that I used to be a Republican, and they pile betrayal on with the usual Democrat venom. Someone like you, a current Republican that has more to say to liberals than "I hate you and hope you die"? Man, they would be driven into an instant frenzy. They won't let me in the door because I'm not a registered Republican, but a Republican that doesn't share their hatred could get in the door, so would be considered a treasonous spy and treated accordingly.

In California the GOP has undergone an intense winnowing process, and only the "true believers" are still a part of it...and what they believe in most is hatred for the majority that "persecutes them."

Yeah, the fact that you would vote for Biden to preserve the revenue streams from the (health? I assume) insurance industry's extortion of Americans is why I so bitterly oppose him.

I second this sentiment. One shouldn't vote for a continuing evil because they benefit from it, especially once they realize its evil nature.

You are atypical, so an obvious exception to my comment...as always.
In fairness, @Farm Boy's comments are so cryptic Republicans may just walk away slowly, attempting to hide their utter bafflement.

You keep bad company. Lipinski is also largely tolerable, he doesn't get run against. The people that take the Nazi that wrote in against him as a sign of anything other than what you've been asking to find? Also bad company.

Maybe California sucks worse than I thought, if I take your word on it? It's fudging housing in pretty decent swaths of other states now.

In fairness, @Farm Boy's comments are so cryptic Republicans may just walk away slowly, attempting to hide their utter bafflement.

You underestimate my local Republicans. They would very likely be totally baffled, but their response to being baffled is "not one of us, so enemy."

You keep bad company. Lipinski is also largely tolerable, he doesn't get run against. The people that take the Nazi that wrote in against him as a sign of anything other than what you've been asking to find? Also bad company.

Maybe California sucks worse than I thought, if I take your word on it? It's ******* housing in pretty decent swaths of other states now.

At what point is that not California's fault but actually Capitalism's fault?

Last edited:
It's not an or. People make the system.

Probably. But then, I don't understand what goes through a vampire squid' s mind really.

I think it's always some variation of strangling and squeezing people is fun, and this pool of blood i collected makes me really important among vampire squids.

It's not an or. People make the system.

I concur with this, I've met many liberals who fight against rezoning the areas they live in, because they know it will bring their values down. I try to remind them that that down turn is temporary. My children are poor compared to the people around them, yet they score 93-99th% on national testing.

That is because I care. That is because my family puts a premium on knowledge. If we work on high density; high knowledge kids the planet will only prosper.

AOC has a lot going against her.
She's a woman.
She's a dark-skinned Hispanic with a Hispanic personal name and surname.
She's also distantly descended from Mediterranean Jews.
She wants to upend the existing order.
She insists that climate change exists.
She insists that things can be changed, therefore, complacency is not acceptable.
Most of those are positives (especially the last three) with alot of people and neutral with most.

Also she's super pale (not that it matters, 2008 & 2012 proves that the majority of Americans don't care about skin-tone).

AOC has a lot going against her.
She's a woman.

This one in particular is negligable IMO. A solid majority of people who wouldn't vote for her just for being a woman are the sort of people who wouldn't vote Democrat in general. OTOH I know for a fact that there are some independents and even conservatives (especially female ones) who will vote her just because "it's time we had a female president."

I'm not saying I'm against that per say, but the disadvantage of being female to run for president these days is way overblown.

Most of those are positives (especially the last three) with alot of people and neutral with most.

Also she's super pale (not that it matters, 2008 & 2012 proves that the majority of Americans don't care about skin-tone).
Yes, they are positives with me, but that does not deter from the fact that in many respects I am a deviation from the norm.

Also, as I keep saying, unfortunately in the US public opinion is not the same as the electorate's opinion. :(

If you lived in an area that was reliant on government jobs, you probably wouldn't want to vote for a (legitimate) small government conservative who campaigned on wanting to slash those government jobs, right? I would think that voting for such a candidate would pretty clearly be against your self interests. Can we agree with that?

Well I live in an area that is reliant on insurance jobs. Why would I support a candidate who wants to do away with that industry?

Health insurance isn't a real job, real jobs provide value and service to their community. Tell your friends to get a job.

Health insurance isn't a real job, real jobs provide value and service to their community. Tell your friends to get a job.

Government jobs can be real jobs. Some services are kinda important, look at Russia for an example of low tax low regulations with collaping infrastructure outside of two cites.

Those wages the government pays also gets spent in the local communities vs tax cuts for billionaire's. Military spending for example can also be good for the same reasons but corporations like Lockheed abuse it.

I don't disagree, Zardnaar. But military spending can almost always be spent on other, better things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom