1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Ewww. Ok, my condolences. This is a dead parrot.

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Yeah, it's being looking that way for a bit! So I'll have to hope that at least Sanders wins instead.

hobbsyoyo and Kyriakos like this.
  3. amadeus

amadeus Bring back the Civ2 theme!

If someone gave me 10 to 1 odds that zombie put Biden up to run only to have him fall after the Ukraine thing broke loose and comes in to “rescue” the nomination, I would put at least five bucks on it.

That zombie started measuring the Oval Office drapes and picking carpet swatches on January 20th, 1993.

Estebonrober and Kyriakos like this.
  4. Ironsided

Ironsided Flower of happiness

@Camikaze Nice mental gymnastics, hope you had a good workout. You asked specifically if there is a time when Sanders should drop out because of his “worrying” poll numbers? Not Warren, not Butty, not Klobuchar or Harris or the billionaires, Sanders. They all polled less or on par with Bernie. I said he should not because you were just parroting the MSM like a parakeet. You said he seems stuck at 15-20%. I told you then, and the fact that Bernie is leading Biden in a CNN poll nationally with 27%, also leading in Iowa, and by some 10% in NH is the reason he or his supporters should not even have given that a whisper of a though.

To be honest I do use you as a lightning rod for this meta discussion, but only because I know you can handle it. I did so early and made a mental note should you continue along those lines. And the meta is the entire media and DC industry corrupting the discussion and manufacturing consent to the idea that Bernie should step aside, that he is unelectable. Which he shouldn’t and isn’t. Without “Bernie bros” taking a stand against misinformation it would become self-fulfilling prophecy because there is no fairness in the MSM reporting and those parroting it. Bernie is far more “electable” than President Trump whatever nebulous attributes you add to that term. I’m however happy to see you have finally concluded Bernie should not worry or drop out so much.

Cloud_Strife, cardgame and Kyriakos like this.
  5. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

*raises hand*

He's got the Republican/independent NeverTrump vote. In fact (among the frontrunners of either party) he's got everyone that just wants the shouting and wailing and gnashing of teeth to stop.

GenMarshall likes this.
  6. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

"and there will be much gnashing of teeth"

7. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

I have to ask in all seriousness whether you consider either or both of those two requisites to be sufficient, necessary, or both sufficient and necessary.

8. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Deity

The dudes a centrist scumbag who will do nothing more than continue the status quo.

Trump will win if we pick Biden and his clearly failing brain.

He's Clinton 2.0 and anyone with an ounce of common sense will see him for what he is, a dementia-addled senior politician that still thinks the system that Is collectively failing every non wealthy American is worth giving another chance too.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    cardgame likes this.
  9. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

At the end of the day I'll take a Clinton 2.0 over Trump.

10. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Deity

Cool but be careful what you wish for, these people aren't your friends and they aren't like us.

11. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Bidens and improvement over Trump.

Supreme Court judge nominations if nothing else.

And Democrat really. RBGmay not last to 2024 if Trump wins 2020.

None of the Dem candidates are really great.

12. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Deity

I'd rather have Bernie than another plutocrat

13. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

You'll probably end up with a choice between another plutocrat and the flaming dumpstercrat.

GenMarshall likes this.
  14. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Yeah but he's gross and will not rally the base.

I've never voted in my life but I would register to vote for Sanders. Biden, nah, let him lose and let it burn.

15. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Deity

Too many Americans are being screwed by the rich, too many are being kept down by institutions that used like weapons against us.

16. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Think I would to, I like Bernie but he is kinda old.

Bernie or Warren probably need to drop out once voting starts and endorse the other one (whoever is in the lead). Unify their blocks and present it as the biggest block most likely to win.

And they need to do it early on.

17. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Yang is pretty special. And Sanders at least appears to have integrity (something that besides Yang you barely ever see, well Al Gore a little, damn can't believe that was 20 years ago :old: ). The rest, yeah, mostly forgettable.

18. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

I think the ideal candidate would be a charismatic heterosexual white male in the 40s with a platform similar to Warren. Followed by same but female.

Ideal in terms of beating Trump and appealing to middle America not New York/ California.

Pity they don't have one.

Sanders is the best of what's left, Yang would have been in top shortlist for me.

GenMarshall likes this.
  19. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Yang's a little too nerdy, smart (over people's heads) and not macho enough for the general audience. He also gets totally ignored and sidelined by the meida : shortest speaking time in every single debate iirc while Klobachar (objectively more of a "nobody") got the most in the last one.

Also he's not on most people's radars still (I'd imagine anyone not currently following politics haven't even heard of him)

But he's young and ambitious, I'd be surprised if he doesnt have some government job within 5-9 years.

I dont really buy that race or gender matters as much as people think it does.

I could even see the right rallying behind a Sarah Palin or Ben Carson if Trump has a heart attack.

20. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

It's often easier for the right to have first female leader than the left.

They're good at over looking stuff when it's convenient.

Narz likes this.