21 Riverside Tile Start

Hsinchu

Prince
I need a consultation. Playing Peter on a small terra map. I rolled 21 riverside tiles and I am completely awestruck as to the best move. Cottage blitz? Farm the heck out of it? One behind the other? Watermill madness?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Screenshot enclosed.

Attachments

• 21 Riverside0000.JPG
    21 Riverside0000.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 737
explore the area and consider splitting the FPs between 2 or more cities, depending on what other resources are around.

Just because you're never going to get it again I'd keep all 21 for your capital and go cottage crazy. With Bureaucracy it'll be a killer science town and then once you hit Levees and Universal Suffrage you actually have decent production as well.

Just because you're never going to get it again I'd keep all 21 for your capital and go cottage crazy. With Bureaucracy it'll be a killer science town and then once you hit Levees and Universal Suffrage you actually have decent production as well.

No Levees in vanilla unfortunatelly ...

But yay for there being other people out there that still play Vanilla! :D

And I'd say go cottage nuts on it :)

take the scout 2 SW, if there is nice food (Wheat probably) there settle that direction. otherwise I would settle on the PH SE. I think there has to be an additional food source in your initioal BFC, and that way you´ll definitively get it. Besides, 2 cities on all those FPs will still have enough food for DOUBLE cottage heaven.

I have a question:
If someone is considering going cottage crazy, is it a good idea to have an equal amount of farms and cottages and of course a few mines on top on the mtns? Will the city eventually be able to work the entire fat cross?

^ depends if there are enough health resources. I don't think that there is any point in farming the FP's. I would refrain from chopping forests and would settle near a water source for the health bonus. I forget if Hannibal was financial in Vanilla.

What are Peter's traits in Vanilla? Does he get the health bonus? Otherwise, that city is going to be seriously unhealthy (depending on the level, it may in fact be unhealthy right when you settle it). It may be better to consider splitting the flood plains up into two cities to better deal with the health issues.

All river tiles, commerce plus one
All river tiles make economies fun
So easy to see: get Pottery
Cottage the world

=)

(Bonus points to anyone who figures out what song that's in parody of.... xD)

***And then beat everyone else to Astro and take settlers to the New World, and cottage that world too. :)

Move settler SE on square onto the hills/plains... cottage out the floodplains, irrigate plains... mine the hills...

;)

On second thought...
*move scout 1 east and 1 northeast...
*move settler 1 east to uncover some more land... if nothing changes worth while, then move south onto the hill to settle in the next turn.

It's well worth cottaging plains in bureaucracy capitals like this one, actually. In any other city, yes, they should be ignored until late in the game.

Top Bottom