219IV Days of War

pap1723

Prince
I have been a lurker for a while on the cIV boards for a while. I was involved for a long time on the Civ2 Apolyton boards and then the CDGroup boards. I created a couple WWII Scenarios based off the Captain Nemo classic 2194 Days of War.

My version was built on a Gigamap and designed exclusively for PBEM play. For Civ IV I am looking to make a single player version and a PBEM version. For those of you who don't know about the originals, here are the details...

It is a global WWII Scenario. The original and my scenario both started with the Pearl Harbor attack. For Civ IV I am planning on having the scenario start in 1936 or 1939.

I will be using all 18 Civs, unless everyone thinks that I should increase the number to 24.

Civilizations:
Spoiler :
Japan (Includes Korea, Manchuria & Pacific Islands)
Germany
United States (Includes Philippines)
British Empire (Includes Canada, Australia & NZ, India, Parts of Africa, Pacific Islands, & Greece)
Soviet Union
France (Includes Parts of Africa and Vietnam)
Italy
China (Both Communist and Nationalist as 1 civ)
Nationalist Spain (Republican Spain will be Barbarian cities to show the Spanish Civil War)
Poland
Low Countries (Luxembourg, Netherlands, Belgium)
Denmark & Norway
Baltic States (Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania)
Yugoslavia
Austria
Czechoslovakia
Eastern Axis (Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania)
Neutrals (Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, Persia, South America, Parts of Africa, Saudi Arabia)

Special Events:
Spoiler :
*Seasonal Weather
*Oil Resource System (Mech Units use up Oil Reserves)
*Manpower Resource System (Manpower Pool Directly taken from the sizes of the cities)
*Special Event creating Vichy France (German player will have the option to create Vichy or to try to completely conquer France)
*Special Event entering Italy into the War
*Anshcluss Event
*Sudetenland Event
*Partisans created based on number of factors in conquered cities

Can you make it so that the first upgrade you give a unit costs a certain amount of money to upgrade?

What I am trying to accomplish is this...

Every unit will have an automatic promotion upon construction. We'll take infantry as an example...
They can promote using the following, which will act like an attached brigade:
Artillery - cost gold, unit can bombard and will have the properties of artillery (will slow the infantry down by 1 movepoint)
SP Artillery - cost gold, unit can bombard and will have the properties of SP artillery (same speed as regular infantry)
Anti-Tank Gun - cost gold, unit will get increase vs armor/vehicles (slow infantry down by 1 movepoint)
Tank Destroyer - cost gold, unit will get increase vs armor/vehicles (same speed as regular infantry)
AA - cost gold, bonus in defending against airplanes (slow down infantry by 1)
Engineer - cost gold, bonus in defense, no penalty for attacking across rivers (same speed as regular infantry)
Improved Training - free, 10% Strength increase

Depending on the initial promotion, the rest of the experience promotions will be different.

Were you involved with the Storm Over Europe project for Civ3? Do you know what ever became of it?

I have read a couple of times about the idea of promotions that cost money, but all those threads ended up with many people being amazed of this idea and nobody being willing and/or capable of creating a xml-tag or something that would enable this. But maybe this time there will be something archieved :goodjob:
But the thing I actually wanne give some productive comment to is the fact, that Italy holds no parts of africa at the beginning.
Why is that?

Actually, that is an oversight on my part. They will hold Libya and Somalia to begin with. Thanks for noticing that.

I am hoping we can figure this out with the promotions. It will dramatically cut down on the number of units that are in the scenario and it will actually work much better than the way scenarios have to portray it now.

I am also looking for help with the scenario. I am not very good at Python/SDK, hopefully someone will be able to lend a helping hand.

More information will be forthcoming shortly about Wonders, Units, City Improvements, etc...

Here is a list of the unit classes that will be in the scenario. Each civ will have flavour units that will have similar stats.

Unit classes are in bold...

Units
Spoiler :

*****INFANTRY*****
Infantry
Infantry will upgrade throughout the scenario. They will be the base of all armies.
*Infantry - 1918,1936,1939,1941,1943,1945,1947,1951

Possible Initial Brigade Promotions:
Artillery, SP Artillery, Anti-Tank, Tank Destroyer, Anti-Air, Engineer

Airborne
These elite infantry units will be able to Paradrop from cities with an Air Force Base.
*Airborne - 1936,1939,1941,1943,1945,1947,1951
*Fallschirmjager (Germany) - 1936,1939,1941,1943,1945,1947,1951

Marines
These units are designed with Amphibious Operations in mind. They will receive No Combat Penalty for attacking from Ocean and No Combat Penalty for attacking across Rivers.
*Marines - 1936,1939,1941,1943,1945,1947,1951

Amphibious Tanks

Mountain Infantry
These units are designed to attack and defend in the Hills and Mountains. They will receive upgrades to their ability to attack and defend in Hills.
*Mountain Infantry - 1936,1939,1941,1943,1945,1947,1951

Cavalry
At the end of their life and usefulness at the start of WWII, many countries still used Cavalry during the war.
*Mountain Infantry - 1918,1936,1939

Motorized Infantry
With the Blitzkrieg and the overall speed of Armored Warfare, new ways were needed to move Infantry into battle positions.
*Motorized Infantry - 1939,1941,1943,1945,1947,1951

Artillery, SP Artillery, Anti-Tank, Tank Destroyer, Anti-Air, Engineer, Light Armor, Heavy Armor

Mechanized Infantry
A better armored alternative to Motorized Infantry, these units are much better against small arms fire.
*Mech. Infantry - 1942,1943,1944,1945,1947,1951

Artillery, SP Artillery, Anti-Tank, Tank Destroyer, Anti-Air, Engineer, Light Armor, Heavy Armor

Top Bottom