(22) Proposal: Provide pop-up choice to end war when CS enemy goes from Peace Blocked to War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
A common annoyance in the game. You have a CS that is at war with you because it was an ally of a civ that declared on you, which is noted as "Peace Blocked". At some point in the war, the CS alliance changes, but the CS remains at war with you (the status is now "War"). The only way to note this is to constant check the list of CS and see if their status has changed, otherwise you could be missing out on key yields from the CS or taking damage from a CS you no longer need to be a war with.

Proposal
A QoL change: When the status of a CS changes from Peace Blocked to War, the human would receive an event pop-up that asks:

The peace block for CS X has ended. What would you like to do?

Continue the War
Make Peace

If continue the war is selected, no further events will pop-up, you can continue the war as long as you like. If you choose make peace, its the same as if you went to the CS screen itself and made peace.

Isn't there already a notification "Civ no longer ally of CS" to let you know when it happens ? You want to turn it into a pop-up that actually requires input before ending turn instead ?
Not sure if that's necessary tbh.

yeah the "civ no longer ally of" notification definitely gets lost... also i don't necessarily hold in my head which CS i am incidentally at war with, other than the rare time the CS itself is the target. So even if I do see the notification I don't always clue-in that i need to go make peace.

good suggestion from OP -- alternatively I'd be fine with a unique notification that directly tells me peace is no longer blocked.

I'll make a last ditch effort to find this proposal a hero....I mean a sponsor! :)

I mean I think I can do this, but don't know when. Then again, it's not like this proposal can get "outdated", and it can easily be considered a valid GitHub feature request, so a reasonable timeframe may not be needed for sponsorship in this case. The question is whether people would want a pop-up or notification, which ilteroi proposed and retracted.
Anyway, I'm sponsoring this and the counterproposal, will add the winner to my/github to-do list.

Proposal Sponsors: balparmak.

(Sponsors have indicated that they are able and willing to perform the code changes required for this proposal if the community votes Aye on it. Other coders are free to sponsor this as well. A proposal without a sponsor will not advance to the Voting Phase.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom