22 Victorian Era ships 10/11/2006

one question: are "Monarch coastal BB" and "Ersatz Monarch Dreadnought" historical battleships? the only battleship named "monarch" is british from 1911, but the design isn't the same.

#1. No not here.
#2. they are historical. Search in the Austro-Hungarian navy.

i found a postcard of the sms monarch

and i found some informations about the other ship. the words "ersatz monarch" meens that this ship will replace the monarch class.

The Austrian Naval League (Oesterreichischer Flottenverein) had advertised in his monthly magazine "Die Flagge": "The MONARCH-class must be replaced". Therefore this next class of battleships often is called the 'Ersatz MONARCH-class'.
look here

this is not a historical ship because the ship was never build. there are only some models like your ship.

Very nice remakes, Wyrm. I'm already using most of them so I'm especially happy about the updates. I guess the transperency bug on the Warrior's sails is fixed now?

Good work, and very useful ships!

I had forgotten about the Cigar ship and I just uploaded the HMS Dreadnought redo. I also added a space for the 1798 version of Robert Fulton's Nautilus

That 1798 version looks interesting. I added the disney nautilus you made along time ago to my personal mod so the privateer has something descent to upgrade to.

Wow! I had no idea about Fulton's Nautilus, let alone that it had been commissioned by Napoleon, and that testing, "was successfully carried out in France in 1800-1801, when Fulton and three mechanics descended to a depth of 25 feet." :eek: Furthermore, "The Nautilus submarine was the first submersible to have separate propulsion systems for surfaced and submerged operations. It also carried flasks of compressed air that permitted the two-man crew to remain submerged for five hours."

Thank you yet again, Admiral Wyrmshadow!

Best,

Oz

I just uploaded Fulton's Nautilus. I am very happy with how it turned out.

Okay I've uploaded the Disney Nautilus. Its taken a long time because my comp has been on the fritz for a while.

24 'Victorian' era ships are now complete. I just uploaded the Jules Verne type Nautilus. I don't want to start on how difficult it was to make...render problems, crashes, and today the database was down so I couldnt even log in.

I hope an admin can correct the thread title. It's still stuck on 22, rather than 24.

"ramming Speed!"

Yeah, I guess I'll stick with the original version (which had a torpedo attack) for the FF mod, since it's replacing the standard Civ III sub.... Unless you want to do a torpedo attack for this version OR you could send me the base model files and I could make a torpedo attack myself....

I love the textures and everything on the new version, but without a torp attack, I, unfortunately don't have any use for it.

Still using the new version of the CSS Virginia for the FF mod's Ironclad, though.

Top Bottom