1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

24 civs world map on warlords,strategy changes from the 18 civs map.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by nour3001, Aug 2, 2006.

1. nour3001

nour3001 Chieftain

Well,I guess the chance to play more civs on world map in warlords than in vanilla civ made many changes to the distribution of empires in the world,I wanna know wat others noticed on thier games cos i'm just on my 1st game on the world map.
    I played as carthage n I guess I filled a large space that was occupied usually by Mali and Egypt,on the other side of Africa,Zulus reduced the size of egyptian and malinese empires,on vanilla civ,in every game Egypt was the 1st or 2nd in score due to its great (I'd rather say gigantic) territory full of resources.In Europe,the precense of Vikings has reduced the large territory I usually used to see for Germany and Russia,in every vanilla game I used to see Russia as the largest Euro civ and that made catherine a very aggressive civ (in the last few games on vanilla she used to back stap me several times per game),In my new warlords game,Russia turned into a small country maybe same size as England.On the other hand,France,Celts and Spain remained as a single city civs as expected.The one that suffered a lot was Greece,Turks has colonized all the possible territory for Greece and turned alexander into a useless Leader (really useless).
    The best change was in Asia with Korea as a buffer between China,Japan and Monglos.In the past,China used to be the most prosperous empire with its resorce rich territory and its extension from south Asia to siberia,now it turned into a normal sized one.
    I wanna know what others experinced on thier 24 civ earth map,and if they have the same experience as me,cos in the vanilla game,everytime I played I saw the same size and extensions of civs.

2. hookmonkey

hookmonkey evolved monkey

Aahh I see !

3. Pantastic

Pantastic King

Are you playing with aggressive AI? I'm about to give it a shot with all 24, probably with the Turks so I can see what good 'ol Shaka is like.

4. SmartLittleman

SmartLittleman Chieftain

Played as Turks its hard because u get 2 good cities location ur Capital and one to the east before u hit desert

Any ways its hard becasue to ur left Greeks, Romans, Germany to ur right Persia, Arabia up above Russia and down below Eygpt makes it hard to exapand unless u counquer IMPORTANT kill greece becaue the only iron near u is just above Athens

5. UknowsI

UknowsI Nybygger

I'm playing the map with Vikings on Emperor, and I would say they are an excellent nation to be. Since there are so many small nations in Europe it's very easy to pick them off one by one. I've so far taken over England (2 cities), France (2 cities), Celts (1 city) and spain (1 city). I had to raize a few though, because the cultural borders of germany is so overvelming and space is tight.

6. Doomed_UK

Doomed_UK Warlord

So far it seems better, the new civs have stopped the over expansion of the persians, egyptians, malanise and chinese that I have previously seen.
    The Aztecs will still probably do very well (have not seen them yet) and the europeans are still cities waiting to be easily mopped up (although vassalage may change that once the AI gets feudalism).

I am tempted to edit the map to move the celts to somewhere else just for game balance - possibly the mid north Asia area

7. JrK

JrK Chieftain

I can't seem to play the world map, I can't find any option to play the old scenarios, any hints?

8. Doomed_UK

Doomed_UK Warlord

go to the maps section of this forum - some kind soul has converted maps to work with warlords.

9. Palpster

Palpster Chieftain

Haven't tried it yet, but I can see how Warlords changed expansion possibilities. Will have a go soon, sounds very interesting.

10. Tarkhan

Tarkhan King

Playing in europe is a one city challenge.

11. nour3001

nour3001 Chieftain

I guess the euro part of the map should be tweaked from the reality to allow for more space for france,spain,celts and england.It's not so nice to rewrite the history with such major powers so weak and overwhelmed.If anyone could create a modified map for that,it'd be so nice.

12. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I'm playing as Carthage. Since they have no Copper or Horses I had to wait to get Iron and then beat up Spain and Celts to get decent resources. So unforunately the Punic Wars will have to wait until the Middle Ages. At 890 AD, Egypt is currently the leading Old World power. I assume the New World civilizations are way ahead, judging by the numbers of Wonders being built "in a distant land."

13. alaskanfred

alaskanfred Chieftain

Can someone please give us a link to the map download for this feature? Playing with all 24 civs is one of the only reasons I got the expansion. Thanks in advance.

14. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

15. lobster

lobster Warlord

There is a wheat on a plains hills in Anatolia (modern day Turkey). Back in Vanilla I wasn't able to build a farm on it. Is it possible now? Does anyone know? :confused:

16. nour3001

nour3001 Chieftain

donnu
    Never played as Turks yet.But It's easy to check.

17. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

Where do the Celts start off?

18. nour3001

nour3001 Chieftain

Guess somewhere south of france,that always made france's 2nd city in denmark (at least in the few games I played till now)