25 AD Liberalism?

obsolete

Deity
I had a game tonight I simply gave up on, Willem got Liberalism at 25 AD.

I just don't know wtf happened there...

Repeat.. this was 25 AD. Not even 250 AD, which in itself is problematic.

I took a look, and there wasn't anyone even close to him, so he couldn't have been tech-trading his way... I almost wonder if it was some sort of bug...

Human players can do it on noble with bulbing, so I can only imagine what a deity AI would do if the cards align just right (aka it pops gscientists and opts to bulb).

He likes free religion, got great scientists and bulb'd them, he is not PHI, though. Did he have the great lib+NE?
Maybe few huts early as well.

Holy [curseword], that's indeed sick.

I believe it was Hammy that built the Library, which makes it weirder even still.

I guess it's possible he popped education and some other stuff (like metal casting, *caugh, *caugh) from a hut, and then bulbed a scientist on liberalism. Unfortunately there is no list in the game to verify what was taken from huts.

>>I believe it was Hammy that built the Library, which makes it weirder even still.
Tell that at least he built the pyramids and ran representation. Bulb. philosophy damn early and went pacifism. Otherwise it's gets truly unbelievable.

:eek: Maybe AI's gave him great scientists :lol: (does AI ever give units away anyway?). That's really damn fast indeed.

Post the save!!!

Tell that at least he built the pyramids and ran representation.

Well, I don't remember who built the mids, so it's possible. But I don't think the AI is smart enough to Run Rep unless it favours that civic.

As for the AI's gifting G*s, I know there was a bug around for some time where AI's would always rush-build stuff inside another AI's city when they popped an engineer. That was SUPPOSED to be fixed at one point, but I wouldn't doubt stuff like that is still going on. He probably got a whole bunch of free academies and things I bet.

I think Willem can tech lib easily around 1 AD without bulbing if he went straight for it. Sometimes you can see tech speed of a good techer like MM around 1 AD, often something like engineering(2) comes up then. Most ais take detours through banking, pp, constitution or even demo before going edu-> lib. If they don't not a chance in the world to beat them to it on deity.

I wonder if he founded a religion aswell, spreading it like mad to keep the slider up close to 100? might have been able to speed it up dramatically being financial?

From my deity games I think 25 AD isn't too suprising. I mean if the AI goes straight for it as we do it would come much earlier than that. But they bounce around grabbing random things. Last game I was forced to grab lib at 450 AD because Pacal was about to finish it - he self researched Divine Right and even nationalism before starting on it.

>>Well, I don't remember who built the mids, so it's possible. But I don't think the AI is smart enough to Run Rep unless it favours that civic.

AIs can run different civics w/ the mids.
I have seen even shaka does it, which truly surprised me and he was neighbor, rushed him anyways (was in some forum game, monarch, archipelago or something like that).

Obs, can you check if he had philosophy before paper. I think to go lib. He had CS and philisophy and since it'd be straight teching then. (paper->edu->lib, 3 tech. deep).

Autosave is over-written now, but I'll keep an eye on it in the future. I guess I should possibly adjust by not trading any big-guns with Willem from now on.

I got something similar to this once while going for Liberalism; however, it was a shocker when the game announced that a far-off land built the Statue of Liberty. I remember that it was early and I think I was researching Feudalism or Civil Service (I forget) and it was around that time period on Noble. Then, when I saw that message, I just said screw it. Whatever civ built that must have been miles ahead and I was miles ahead of my known rivals in tech.

Top Bottom