2599 all.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 2599 Ari.JPG
    2599 Ari.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 2599 CERN et al.JPG
    2599 CERN et al.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 139
1. Aristotle 9 (looks like another forest NE for next turn)
2. Pythagoras 2
3. Anaxagoras 3
6. New Worker (named Eupalinos?) chop the forest CERN9 - i believe it's fresh water, so it would be a good farm.

1. Ari -> 9
looks ok. can definately continue journey in a forest next turn
2. Pyt -> 1
looks best. We can have a wider look into the sea than with 2.
3. Ana -> 3
but 9 would be fine as well...
4. Archi chop hill/forrest -> ok
5. Leo mines -> ok
6. New worker ? any forrest or hill/forrest -> 6-6
then chop there (later: build our first cottage there)... (besides CERN-6 and CERN-9 our riverside grasslands for good early cottages. But we should leave CERN-6 for our third cottage in case there is a strat.res. (1 of very few not forrested tiles in initial FC;)). After chopping he could start a road to our next city in case it'll be in the east.)

There is no difference between CERN 9 (Peter) and 66 (Topas), is both river tile, but Peter wants a farm after chop, Topas a cottage.

Topas
you mean CERN 6 is a tile with horses or metal (iron), good idea.

Btw
where want we build roads or is that to early.

There is no difference in time spent between the 9 plan or 3 plan for Anaxagoras. The X-coordinate distance dominates the amount of time it takes to get to the hidden tiles. The difference is looking at tiles we haven't seen for quite a while, in case someone has approached us from that direction we might see them.

Given worker turns to spare, we should irrigate some to speed up growth or settlers and then replace farms with cottages after we don't want to grow any more. If there aren't worker turns to spare, then mine or road towards the presumed next city site. Which BTW we still don't know where it is.

strat.res./riverside graslands
From the riverside-graslands in the BFC CERN-6 is the only possibility for an early hiden resource. I don't like the idea of mining or pasturing our first cottage after already working it for a dozen of turns. So I recommand improving the other possible riverside-graslands first (as long as it doesn't restrict our workers or economy).

-> chop CERN-9 and/or CERN-6-6 and improve these tiles (before CERN-6)

farm vs. cottage
Thinking of (fast) further growth (when not chopping 2nd settler), it would be best to work clams+rice+X then.
X could be a grasland farm (has still to be riverside) or a riverside grasland cottage.
I think it would be a good choice to go with the cottage as it will delay growth just very little (or maybe not at all; haven't checked stored food, production etc.). Further a 3 commerce tile (cottage) would be an +23% commerce/research increase.

roads
Concerning roads I would wait 2 or 3 turns until Ana. has revealed the 3 tiles in the east closest to CERN.
I think after these 3 tiles we can most probably say, where we want to settle. (Still 2nd rice looks most appealing to me or else a city in our western backyard.) (I think these 3 tiles will most certainly determine how we grab the gems and the 2nd rice.)
When we know, where we want to settle first, we can find the most useful road-route rather fast.

1. Ari 9 is clear
2. Pyt 1 is better than 2, I think
3. Ana 9 (dave don't want to see coast tiles), but Topas and peter said 3
4. Eupalinos to river forrest to chop and then ? farm or cottage. Decide: 9 or 66

More votes please

peter
chop-yield is the same for both tiles (20 hammers), but CERN-9 prevents a hostile warrior in the NE to the inside CERN.

Nevertheless I'd be fine chopping either CERN-6-6 or CERN-9. (weather we want to build a farm or a cottage there after that can be discussed in the next 3 turns)

Ana
I'm fine either way.
3 gives us earlier view on the easternmost tile and an earlier chance on killing the panther.
9 gives us more sight to the north.
... maybe 9 is a little better.

Let's keep CERN focused on completing that Settler. I fear we are beginning to fall too far behind.

What does "strat.res" mean?

Strategic resource, I believe :)

I didn't know that the chop yield was the same on both tiles For some reason I thought that the closer the forest, the greater the yield. In any case, I'd chop the tile closest to the city for defensive reasons. But I suppose it doesn't really matter that much.

I 'll play now this

1. Ari 9
2. Pyt 1
3. Ana 9
4. Eupalinos 9
5. research goal: pottery
Other like written above.

Top Bottom