(26) Proposal: Replace double movement promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the +1 speed I can understand, but why the withdraw chance? Why do we need to twist the knife like that, we go from a reasonable proposal to something that just makes the unit flat out uncounterable. Its hard to touch in the first place, and then it gets an 80% withdraw on top of that....come on.

The counter to withdrawal chance is ranged units and cities, which I think fits with making the Trailblazer line hesitant to really dig into your civ. Remember it has no CS modifier like Trailblazer did before.

(Note that TB3 lacks the using enemy roads now, which also should cut down ability to just cruise around making trouble a little bit.)

Last edited:
Surely, far worse is 'Altitude Training' for all military units to have double speed through hills if you are lucky enough to own Mt Kilimanjaro, or civilian units having plus two movement if you own Sri Pada. I groan when someone has the former, as it is such a gamey advantage.

Proposal Sponsors: ilteroi.

(Sponsors have indicated that they are able and willing to perform the code changes required for this proposal if the community votes Aye on it. Other coders are free to sponsor this as well. A proposal without a sponsor will not advance to the Voting Phase.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom