29/9 Preview articles

Olleus

Deity
Any idea on how to get high res screenshots for the Rock Paper Shotgun review? They're too small to be legible for me

Magil

Monarch
Gamecrate has a concern that religious victory might be too easy. Also, the AI still has the same annoying habit of settling extremely marginal cities in any empty pocket you leave between your cities, going by the screenshots.

It's mostly positive stuff, but I thought it was worth pointing out areas where things aren't all sunshine and rainbows.

V. Soma

long time civ fan
Gamecrate on the AI:

What are your impressions of the AI?

The AI was more peaceful than I expected, and the Agenda system is really effective at creating distinct personalities. Some tweaking remains to be done, though, as I'm pretty sure the Spanish could have converted all my Greek cities in a single turn and won a religious victory if they had been playing correctly.

Olleus

Deity
Extensive list of late(ish) list of government policies

Spoiler :

Anno

Warlord
It's heartening to see that most of the complaints so far are regarding value balance rather than core structural game systems, which all seem to be well regarded. Hopefully these previews will be used to fidget sound with the values and rules to bring them more in balance.

Eagle Pursuit

Scir-Gerefa
Triangle Trade. Woah. It happened, so I'm glad their not ignoring it, but maybe it should come with a negative effect of some kind too.

I'm just impressed that they have a couple of policies with maluses like Police State.

Siptah

Eternal Chieftain
Triangle Trade. Woah. It happened, so I'm glad their not ignoring it, but maybe it should come with a negative effect of some kind too.

Why? It's not the slave triangle. Triangular trade is a different thing. The slave trade is just the most famous example.

IronfighterXXX

Work Hard - Play Hard
Gamecrates section 'answering questions' is very informative.

Unfortunately not only good news - AI more peaceful, prince difficulty easier than in Civ5

j51

Blue Star Cadet
Why? It's not the slave triangle. Triangular trade is a different thing. The slave trade is just the most famous example.

Hmm... I guess that could just be my bias as an American. To us, generally, triangle trade does refer to the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Top Bottom