29/9 Preview articles

Any idea on how to get high res screenshots for the Rock Paper Shotgun review? They're too small to be legible for me

Gamecrate has a concern that religious victory might be too easy. Also, the AI still has the same annoying habit of settling extremely marginal cities in any empty pocket you leave between your cities, going by the screenshots.

It's mostly positive stuff, but I thought it was worth pointing out areas where things aren't all sunshine and rainbows.

Gamecrate on the AI:

What are your impressions of the AI?

The AI was more peaceful than I expected, and the Agenda system is really effective at creating distinct personalities. Some tweaking remains to be done, though, as I'm pretty sure the Spanish could have converted all my Greek cities in a single turn and won a religious victory if they had been playing correctly.

Extensive list of late(ish) list of government policies

Spoiler :

It's heartening to see that most of the complaints so far are regarding value balance rather than core structural game systems, which all seem to be well regarded. Hopefully these previews will be used to fidget sound with the values and rules to bring them more in balance.

Triangle Trade. Woah. It happened, so I'm glad their not ignoring it, but maybe it should come with a negative effect of some kind too.

I'm just impressed that they have a couple of policies with maluses like Police State.

Triangle Trade. Woah. It happened, so I'm glad their not ignoring it, but maybe it should come with a negative effect of some kind too.

Why? It's not the slave triangle. Triangular trade is a different thing. The slave trade is just the most famous example.

Gamecrates section 'answering questions' is very informative.

Unfortunately not only good news - AI more peaceful, prince difficulty easier than in Civ5

Why? It's not the slave triangle. Triangular trade is a different thing. The slave trade is just the most famous example.

Hmm... I guess that could just be my bias as an American. To us, generally, triangle trade does refer to the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Top Bottom