2K Announces Civilization Revolution for Next Generation Consoles!

Yes, I concur on that. It most clearly did NOT have a Wii on DS logo on the closing screenshot

:(

It didn't have a PSP logo either. The trailer is technically for the console version, not the handheld one. I'm guessing this is because what we were shown in the trailer were cut scenes and/or victory movies.

And we were also shown hippies! :smoke: :mad: :thumbsdown:

Even though the Wii, PSP and DS logos weren't seen at in the trailer, I think that it is a little early to be assuming that the game won't be on those platforms. The following was found at the Wii, PSP, and DS pages on the game at IGN

NOTE: This game has been officially announced for next-generation consoles and handhelds, but actual game platform plans have not yet been made public -- the game may or may not be released for this platform. Please check back for official info.

Since some people are not understanding:

The red circle is around the Playstation logo, which is on every Sony game regardless of platform. It is NOT the PSP or PS 2 logo, which are visible on this this page (the middle bar has the three logos for the platforms)

Wait, "Finally be settled online"

I thought it already was being settled online. :p

Now that I watched the teaser video it's rather funny if someone wet themselves over it. There's abolutely none information of the game, except its name, for consoles and you can play online. Shame on you if you are victim of the hype train and do not think with your own brains. But seems it's the trend nowadays, like with the Fallout and EndWar "trailers" which didn't show any gameplay or game mechanics stuff, just "cool" setting to get the target audience drooling.

Wait, "Finally be settled online"

I thought it already was being settled online. :p

I believe it refers to the online ranking system.

Now that I watched the teaser video it's rather funny if someone wet themselves over it. There's abolutely none information of the game, except its name, for consoles and you can play online.

About as funny as if someone started basing claims of Civ-francise being ruined by this game solely on the teaser.

Still not quite as funny as if someone started throwing such accusations around without actually watching the teaser. Like... here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5616046&postcount=27

About as funny as if someone started basing claims of Civ-francise being ruined by this game solely on the teaser.

Still not quite as funny as if someone started throwing such accusations around without actually watching the teaser. Like... here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5616046&postcount=27

There's nothing funny about Civ name being slandered and raped. If it actually would been 1:1 conversion from any original Civ games, or crappy conversion from future PC-only developed game, there wouldn't been any problems. True, we don't have much gameplay issues to look for (suprise), but making it "streamlined" and "constant action" game from scrath to consoles and the method it was brought to us shoud speak for itself.
All this information, by the way, is accessible without watching the teaser.

The teaser had to do nothing with that linked comment. The problem lies in something more deep than in mere video. You can start by looking at the marketing/PR departments which are responsible for this teaser to even exist. Announcing is different thing from announcing with no-information-at-all hype (compare to Blizzard or indie developers). Next step is exclusives on gaming magazines. Don't you think it's great when they tell you what's good game without you having to think it for yourself? Oh and it's Sid Meier's Civilization, instant greatness, atleast that's what they said.

It's funny how predictable some things in life are.

There's nothing funny about Civ name being slandered and raped. If it actually would been 1:1 conversion from any original Civ games, or crappy conversion from future PC-only developed game, there wouldn't been any problems. True, we don't have much gameplay issues to look for (suprise), but making it "streamlined" and "constant action" game from scrath to consoles and the method it was brought to us shoud speak for itself.

As someone already pointed out, the same adjectives were used to describe Civ IV and it turned out very well in the end. They are nothing more but marketing lingo, certainly not to be taken as an absolute truth.

spammikone said:
The teaser had to do nothing with that linked comment.

And that was my point exactly. You were making wild claims about the game's quality just by reading one little press release. Personally, I'm going to wait for more information, a lot more more information before I'm even guessing how good game Revolution will be, and that is what thinking it for yourself is.

It's funny how predictable some things in life are.

Yes it is. I could easily predict when I saw there was an announcement of a new game that there would be people crying about how it was a sign of the impending doom of the Civ franchis...without actually knowing anything about the game. Call me Nostrodamus!

I think we should vote about this. How many of us think that
a) civrev is the end of the franchise,
b) civrev is the end of the franchise and console players are childish idiots,
c) i don't know much of the game but it is promising
d) i don't know much of the game but it is scarry indeed
e) i don't know much of the game
f) i don't know much of the game and console players are childish idiots,
g) i don't even know what civilization is but console players are childish idiots.
etc.

:D

If it is "The Game I Always Wanted to Make" - Sid Meier, then you know he is going to put every bit of his game designing power into it, and make it the best Civ ever.

I think we should vote about this. How many of us think that
a) civrev is the end of the franchise,
b) civrev is the end of the franchise and console players are childish idiots,
c) i don't know much of the game but it is promising
d) i don't know much of the game but it is scarry indeed
e) i don't know much of the game
f) i don't know much of the game and console players are childish idiots,
g) i don't even know what civilization is but console players are childish idiots.
etc.

You forgot
h) it depends on whether he includes HRE
i) it depends on whether he include Poland

Yay Hitler

If it is "The Game I Always Wanted to Make" - Sid Meier, then you know he is going to put every bit of his game designing power into it, and make it the best Civ ever.

Call me synical, but that could well just be a way of making the game sounf more interesting and help it sell more.

well u see i think its actully kinda dumb putting civ on those platform im more ready for a mobile version of it instead of carrying a laptop with me all the time if i want to play i think the DS could actully be good with the stylus and wi-fi I call it Civilization DS but no!!! sid doesent like it!!!!

Ranbir what type of emails

one thing for sure i think this just mite actully be a failiure

Please stop post hogging, just edit your previous post.

Well it is for the DS, PSP, Ps3, and 360.

Next gen means it will be for the wii, xbox360,ps3,psp,nintendo ds (pants taking a long breath...) and (hopefully) the pc! woot!! :D :borg: :bowdown: :bowdown: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Top Bottom