1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2K Community Associate on Civ VI Feedback: "We've definitely been listening."

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Solette, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Solette

Solette Chieftain

Joseph B, a verified 2k Games Community Associate, posted the following comment on the Civilization subreddit:

"Hey everyone, we've definitely been listening to feedback from the community and are working on updates for Civilization VI. We'll share the news on updates when we have it."
    Click here to see the comment yourself.

It's obvious updates are coming eventually, but it's nice to get a reassuring pat on the back from someone in the know. The Civ VI Twitter would probably have been a better medium, but hey, we'll take what we can get! Here's to a promising future for Civ VI.

Ikael, sanchopanda and Lupine like this.
  2. DioAurion

DioAurion Warlord

I imagine this means they're finally finalizing what the first major patch will tentatively include. Seems odd otherwise that they'd post a comment like this so long after release without offering any real details.

3. orasis

orasis Prince

Yeah and fix your civopedia. It's the worst one ever.

4. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

That's marketing speak for "don't hold your breath."

Thormodr, Krajzen, dwarfling and 4 others like this.
  5. Ikael

Ikael King

It is good to know that they are listening, but a tentative date for a patch + list of content / bugs that it will fix will be far more reassuring than this vague statement. I mean, I love Firaxis, but they seem to have fall behind other videogame business in terms of consumer feedback

Fredric Drum likes this.
  6. Magil

Magil Monarch

This kind of talk is cheap. Give me concrete details or don't waste my time.

7. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

And that is why they rarely give feedback regarding coming patches/expansions. As soon as they do, people start screaming for a date. And if they give and miss a tentative date, people scream what a terrible company they are. That's how it has been since before Civ5 (that's just most vivid in my dimming memory).

Moderator Action: Please watch your language.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2016
    narmox and Ferocitus like this.
  8. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I don't follow every game in the industry, but I don't know of any that will list patch contents and a date until basically they have their final build. Sometimes they'll do a "this will be fixed" type of comment, but rarely will commit to more than that.

I read the above as essentially saying, "don't expect a new patch to come out tomorrow, but it's not going to take forever for us to release one."

9. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

It's more like web-community-manager speech for "game companies create full-time positions for web community managemers, but the holders of those positions are not really tasked or even allowed to do much interaction with the community except in a very sporadic sense". :)

Atlas627 and Horizons like this.
  10. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

I should bloody well hope so, I paid for Deluxe version which means I am entitled to four DLC packs worth more than the extra I paid for.

It's going to take a while to fix this mess.

11. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Maybe we're all complaining a bit too much about the 'move your units' request the AI gives us. It certainly seems like we're demanding that of Firaxis right now, and they have no choice but to 'ignore this request'. It's realistic!

Thormodr and Stilgar08 like this.
  12. Europa Victrix

Europa Victrix Chieftain

It's always the same with games these days. I'll be surprised if the patch contains a quarter of the fixes the game needs right now.

13. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

The first patch will probably do what most first patches do, which is address major bugs. Prioritize preventing crashes over things like AI fine-tuning.

14. dwarfling

dwarfling Chieftain

Translation: "We still haven't figured it how to fix the problems, or even which problems we're gonna be able to fix, but stay tuned for the upcoming DLC!".