1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2K developer weekend on Steam - still no sale on DLCs

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by kaspergm, Mar 8, 2018.

1. kaspergm

kaspergm Warlord

At this point, I'm just bringing this up by principle. Again Deluxe Edition is on sale on Steam - this time -60 % - and Rise And Fall is on sale - albeit only -10 %. Yet the DLCs, even the ones that go back more than a year - are not on discount. :thumbsdown:

2. aguliondew

aguliondew Chieftain

Yea I am waiting on that bundle deal too. Alot of dlc content but they add upto the cost of the base game.

Greywulf likes this.
  3. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

"I can't believe this luxury good I want is not available more cheaply!"

You obviously want the DLCs, just buy them already.

4. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

Isn't this what the AI is thinking when it constantly tries those ridiculous 1gpt for all your luxuries trade offers? :lol:

kingofsealand, BenZL43, Inlex and 7 others like this.
  5. kaspergm

kaspergm Warlord

I want them, but I am patient ... and stubborn. :D I will wait.

TrailblazingScot likes this.
  6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yeah, I've just about given up waiting for a sale. But as I still have six R&F civs I've not played yet, it will be a little while longer before they get more of my money.

7. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I've got them right away even if I won't play as them anytime soon cos I love having as big a roster to play against as possible :)

8. Turrdy

Turrdy Chieftain

I think i can save more money buy not buying the DLCs i dont really want/need (like SEA) than waiting for a bundle with all DLCs and a 20% discount...
    Edit: I only bought Australia and the Viking Scenario Pack (because of additional CS and natural wonders)

9. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I'm a sucker and would snatch up any DLC Firaxis released, even if it's a civ I never intended to play as.

Piruparka and Civrinn like this.
  10. historix69

historix69 Chieftain

The Deluxe Edition on 60% sale is now cheaper than the 6 DLCs.
    (Deluxe + R&F together on sale are now cheaper than the regular price for Civ6.)

Jackanape likes this.
  11. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

I mentioned this the last time the DLC never goes on sale topic came up - I think not discounting individual DLCs is actually a Firaxis sales policy now. The individual DLCs for XCOM2 have never gone on sale either - only the expansion and the season pass which includes all 3 of the smaller packs that are similar in scale to Civ's civilization & scenario packs. Since Civ VI doesn't have a separate season pass, my theory is that sometime later in the year they will release a bundle containing the 6 deluxe edition DLCs and then only offer sales discounts on that package.

Olleus, BenZL43 and Duuk like this.
  12. Turrdy

Turrdy Chieftain

I often play multiplayer and if one player has the DLCs you (without dlc) play with all the DLCs, too, even if you are the host. i.e. map generation has all natural wonders / new city states, and random AI can spawn as any civs. The only restriction is that you can't pick the ones you do not own.

nzcamel likes this.
  13. Timodelphia

Timodelphia Chieftain

I finally gave in our the holidays and purchased them all.

Jackanape likes this.
  14. PMac67

PMac67 Chieftain

I've played 9 or 10 games of Civ 6 so there's a lot of Civ's I haven't played from the original list ! I have had the Australia DLC and the Persia/Macedonia but I only played Australia... I don't mind shelling out for extras but 2 civs for £5 is not great value if it's just gonna be an AI to me... The expansion R&F is like the price of a full game ? Now there are endless updates and patches and 2 variants of one game... Great ! pffffft

15. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Frankly none of the DLC are priced right in my opinion--too expensive. Especially the Viking scenario.

Greywulf likes this.
  16. PMac67

PMac67 Chieftain

Oh I checked... £4.49 for One Civ ! Nubia

.... £8.99 Khmer & Indonesia....

It's not the money that bothers me... It's lack of value ! Just the pure greed of the devs squeezing out every penny for hardly anything... Should concentrate on fixing all the bugs and designing a proper UI before squeezing customers endlessly ....

17. Jackanape

Jackanape Chieftain

If it's "hardly anything", then why do you care about the price? If it has no value to you, don't buy it. For those to whom it has value, it seems priced properly.

The whole "I want something, but I don't want to pay for it" thing is getting really old.

Bernie Sanders called: he wants his campaign platform back.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Duuk, kingofsealand and nzcamel like this.
  18. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Haven't bought any civ6 DLC. When ever I get tempted to I just ask myself "Why not play with mods, they are free and some are better balanced than DLC?"
    I have yet to think of a good answer to that question.

Morningcalm and Jackanape like this.
  19. Jackanape

Jackanape Chieftain

Exactly. We should all follow our own instincts.

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Comments like these are really unfortunate... Firaxis - the devs - don't set the price. They also don't necessarily set the agenda for what to work on.