2K/Fraxis dont like poor people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerryan79

Emperor
I feel bad for all the less fortunate people who cant play civ. I really wish everyone could, regardless of if they have the internet or not. This effects poor people the most. What are the fine, and poor sympathetic, peoples thoughts on civfanatics?

What is the point of your thread? :huh:

Fraxis. Now I know what I'll name a game company if I ever actually have the chance!

You could give up your iPhone and use the money saved on an internet connection you know. :)

Its my gf, we live together. This is cheaper, family plan with her mom, and still have a phone/ internet. We were kind of forced into it 2 lol, i know i had no say. 2 months ago i only had a prepay, thats like getting raped for ur money depending on what kind you get. Also not looking for advice for me, just trying to raise awareness that not everyone can play. Even less with steam. Btw ill still get to play, i can bring my comp to my moms to activate it. Also im sure some combo would be cheaper, but i only have comcast/verizon in my area so it would eventually be too much after the 6 months of cheaper service deals they do.

Also not looking for advice for me, just trying to raise awareness that not everyone can play.

Are you really just trying to raise awareness? If so, then I would avoid making statements like this one:

Well thats my reasoning for believeing that poorer peoples money is dirty and stinky and 2k doesnt want it.

It's one thing to make a point, and you have every right to do that, but your first post goes beyond simply making a point or raising awareness.

This just in: people who can't afford it often don't get brand new stuff

News at 11.

As you only need a one-time internet connection, I don't consider this a problem. If you can afford to buy the game at all, you can afford to get it activated. Rent yourself a connection somewhere for 15 minutes.

Well sometimes i like to think of others besides myself.

There must be thousands and thousands of people who cannot afford access to the internet. Am i niave in assuming this?

No, not naïve.

But people who don't have internet also don't have the money to waste on video games, so your argument is entirely moot.

Why would i need to change my pc? Its probably equal to or better than urs. I built my own with money i saved, its not my old clunker.

Only whites can drink from this fountain. Excluding a peoples is wrong.

This is an improper analogy. You cannot exclude a person from a public service because of their skin colour, but you can exclude someone from a private good based on their economic status.

Poor people can't afford Mercedes, right? So should they be given them?
No.

This is an improper analogy. You cannot exclude a person from a public service because of their skin colour, but you can exclude someone from a private good based on their economic status.

Poor people can't afford Mercedes, right? So should they be given them?
No.

Ok thats extreme though isnt it? Ones $50 the other $30,000 plus. Im not saying to hand out free copies of the game either, im saying have non steam, or atleast non onetime check. This is also one reason(low income) for not having steam, that i wanted people to add to the list. Not the only reason i dont want it. So i know it seems im on a crusade, but i honestly thought there was gonna be other people who agreed with me in principle. Most so far care only about themselves.

Oh i didnt know that steam wasnt needed if you bought it in a few months or a year after its release.

You will need steam at all times since it is written on top of the steamworks infrastructure.

A persistent internet connection is not required, you only need to activate once when you first install the game.

This just in: people who can't afford it often don't get brand new stuff

News at 11.

Sorry this was in response to your comment. I was just saying they can save money over time and buy the game, but steam would still prevent them from playing. In that light dont think im attacking you, i laughed when i read ur post, it was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom