2k greg... Word 2 ur mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auncien

Prince
Good luck with the launch. I hope all goes well and that you guys go down in the video game industry history books. Hell of a game even if it doesn't suit my tastes. Well done.

(mods, I know, I know... I accept my naughty points or whatever).

I only wish they hadnt teamed up with Steam. I'd rather do a GTA4 style securom than dealing with Steam.

Why you have to throw that in there?

Because of my constant nitpicking and worry about whether the title will live up to the mantle of the series. I'm saying that even if tomorrow comes and I dislike it for whatever reason, those people staying up late tonight to make it happen deserve some respect and thanks from the community.

OH SNAP! No he didn't!

Oh yes he did!

OH NO HE DIDN"T!

OH YES...nevermind, carry on.

Considering that most of the 'boycotters' have/will buy the game anyway... Not that much. Especially once you consider the 300%+ gain in profit margin.

Wonder how much you can take off by people not buying it as a result of Steam.

By far a net positive, imo. The audience is HUGE for Steam. You may not like it, you may not buy it. But projecting your biases on the majority [in this case] won't help your cause.

I fully understand that. I just wish they could had picked a better partner than Steam. I also play WoW and SC2. No complain about BNet what-so-ever.

What other options do they have? Steam started out crappy but I can assure you it has gotten a lot better over the years. I have been on that thing since CS:S first released and before that even played CS 1.6 on it. So I know steam and yes earlier I did hate it.

But the concept of Steam is amazing and it has gotten much better over the years. Regardless, I prefer my purchases online over retail/physical disc. I just wish that developers would release games earlier for us digital buyers.

The only people who make threats like that are those who have a nice library of a few dozen or so pirated games on their machine.

I doubt that. A lot of people don't like Steam for a variety of reasons. Like, for example, they've never downloaded a game off of it. The first time I used a Steam game filled me with trepidation as well. But once I had Portal up and running, I've avoided box games ever since.

An a WHOLLY UNRELATED NOTE, I was at a record store sometime this summer, and the guy working there was talking about how, not only do VHS tapes have a larger library than DVDs, but they actually offer such a higher picture quality as well - and they last better and are easier to use!

For some people, things being old and unwieldy is actually a bonus. Learning to program a VCR is an achievement, learning to use Netflix Instant is brainless. So it hurts when the work you put into learning to get your VCR to work has been made valueless by the relentless march of technology.

Wonder how much you can take off by people not buying it as a result of Steam.

But I assure you, I wasn't the only person who said "Oh thank God, I can just buy it through Steam" when the announcement was made. Obviously a straight comparison is impossible, but all the indications are that companies gain far more players than they lose from that particular migration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom