2vs2 PBEM

AluminumKnight

Conquistador
*Game full*

This is a 2vs2 PBEM using Warlords (2.13 patch). Settings still need to be decided, but I will edit this post once we do decide them. Here are the players so far (in order):

AluminumKnight (Random, Team 1)
mustafathered (Random, Team 2)
bbfrancis (Neo/Stalin, Team 1)
MightyDwarf (Random, Team 2)

Settings:
Map Type: Terra
Map Size: Small (4-5 player)
Climate: Random
Sea Level: Medium
Difficulty: Monarch
Game Speed: Normal
Resources: Standard
Raging Barbs off (barbs still on)
Tech trading on
All victory conditions on

Game will start Thursday at around 5pm CST.

I would like to play.
I would prefer Stalin or Neo.

Ok, so now we have a few decisions to make. What map do we want? A normal map, like Archipelago or something? Or something like Team Battleground? I think Terra might be interesting...

Size: The regular 4 player size okay? Or should we go smaller or bigger?

Climate/Sea Level: I usually random these two, so I don't really care.

Difficulty/Barb settings: I usually play on Monarch, Raging Barbs off. We could turn Raging Barbs on though if you guys want.

Game Speed: Normal? Or do we want Fast?

I'm sure I'm missing stuff, I can't access Civ until I get home.

Also, we need emails from everyone. Mine is craig.doescher (at) mu.edu

Are there going to be any AI civs in the game??

If so then yeah I agree with tech trading off, If is just the two teams I would leave it on as then the two teams can keep options open.

I would say that we need a map to allow contacts prior to ocean travel, so this would I would suggest either Pangea, Terra or if can be arranged continents with 1 civ from each team on each continent.

I am living in EST (Eastern Standard Time, same as NYC, NY, USA) as far as turn timing is concerned. I typically solo on Prince, but am willing to give any difficulty a try. No preferences to barbs.

AlKnight: I've emailed you so that you have my address. Please reply so that I know I sent it correctly.

My Civ 4 will be 2.13 prior to starting the game (planning to apply the patch today).

Contacting me via email is better than forum for quick communication, as I usually only check the forum 2 - 3 times a week (sometimes less :blush: ).

What victory conditions do we want? I have a small preference against Space Race being enabled, but this is by no means a deal breaker.

As far as map, my first pbem (concluded about a month ago) resulted in the victorious sacking of Thebes from the sea with my frenzied Berzerkers as the two teams were located separately with my team isolated on a small island (the other team shared a continent with the other civs). I managed to circumnavigate first (giving me very fast movement galleons as the Vikings) and was able to launch a total surprise attack on Thebes, timed with attacks on two other cities. My teammate brought in defensive forces to hold the cities that we didn't raze as well as siege engines - acting as the army - while I focused on building almost exclusively berzerkers - the marines of the time. It was most enjoyable seeing our combined arms approach work well, although the surprise of our attack was probably more vital, as they were still defending with warriors, archers and axes.

I think we shouldn't have any AI civs. Just think it would be more interesting that way. So, I'll propose these settings and if you guys object just let me know. I'll email this to anyone I can as well.

Map Type: Terra
Map Size: (Whatever the 4-player size is, I don't remember and I'm at work w/o access to Civ)
Climate: Random
Sea Level: Medium
Difficulty: Monarch
Game Speed: Normal
Resources: Standard
Raging Barbs off
Tech trading on

Anything I'm missing? Mull this over over the weekend, as I won't have internet access.

We also need to figure out turn order. I'm in CST (Chicago, US) which is GMT-6. I can usually play between 4:30pm-12am or around 6:30am on weekdays. Weekends are pretty much wide open, except, until it gets colder out, Saturdays after noon or so I won't be able to play. Just email me or post here what times you usually play and your timezone.

I'm hoping we can get this started by next weekend, earlier if possible.

I am other side of the pond from you guys at GMT0. I can normally play most evenings or the odd turn early morning, weekends depends on whether I am at home or not.

I'm in Salt Lake City.
How are we going to determine teams?

I would say it depends on preferred order of play. Usually start with host and then go west, which (please correct my knowledge of US geography if it is wrong) is Al Knight, BB Francis, Mighty Dwaarf, Mustafathered.

To try and balance advantages of going first I think turn order should either be -: Team A1, Team B1, Team A2, Team B2 or A1, B1, B2, A2.

Can you confirm if it is just the ragingness of barbs that is off or barbs as a whole is off?? Think we should have barbs on at least so we have a welcoming comittee ready for us in the new world.

I'm within an hour of Al Knight - it might make sense this time to go AlKnight, me (mustafathered), bbfrancis and then Mighty Dwarf, assuming the three of us Yanks work first shift and plan to play after work. I have an hour commute, so it's kind of like being in AlKnight's same time zone. :crazyeye:

But however it works out will be good.

Yeah I think it makes more sense to get us Americans done around the same time and then send it over to England. I think the order proposed by mustafathered is good. That would then make the teams mustafathered and Dwaarf vs. bbfrancis and I.

Barbs are on, Raging is off. Can't hardly play Terra with no barbs IMO.

Top Bottom