1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[3.03] Specific Type of Civilopedia Crashes

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by LordGek, Aug 14, 2007.

1. LordGek

LordGek Prince

Hey Gang,
    I'm not sure if this issue existed BEFORE v3.03, but I can consistently crash the game if I goto any UU or UB and hit the link to the unit or building this Civ specific unit or building replaces. So if I got the Apothecary and hit the Grocer link the game crashes but if I just goto the Grocer link from the buildings index of the Civilopedia all is fine.

2. Romulus

Romulus Chieftain

yep, same issue here with 3.03. I've only tried it from the main menu, clicking:

-pedia
    -civs
    -uu
    -regular unit click
    <crash>

3. LordGek

LordGek Prince

Do you use Blue Marble? I doubt there is a connection there and could even still get the crashes after I uninstalled BM...but then I realized if BM just set things back the way they were BEFORE it was installed (which for me was while still v3.02) I may have only been making the problem worse.

4. Romulus

Romulus Chieftain

nope, no blue marble or mod of any other kind. BTS v. 3.03 Never had that crash before in warlords.

I was going through all the bts scenarios to check 'em out, maybe that overloaded a buffer? Then again, the game DID shut down between crashes.

Weird...I;m pretty sure that this is a legit bug

5. LordGek

LordGek Prince

Yeah, with this and the funkifying of the paratrooper drop animation (now they just run in place when they should be doing the drop animation), I've rolled back to v3.02.

My basic motto, if a patch is breaking more than if fixes, I don't need it (or, at least I'm more happy with the known largely remedied issues in v3.02 (via Solver's Patches) vs. annoying new issues).

6. Azander

Azander Fairy

I'm also having this problem... Getting tired of all these bugs.

7. Yobert

Yobert Chieftain

I have crashes too after 303 patch. How do i roll back?

8. LordGek

LordGek Prince

Its quite doable but a pain in the ass.

1) First make a point to copy onto your desktop any modified assets (tweaked XML files and such).

2) Once these files are stored out of the way, uninstall Beyond the Sword.

3) Reinstall Beyond the Sword.

4) Reapply the v3.02 patch.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6185

5) (optional) reapply Solver's latest fix!
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=235067

Now which will come first from Firaxis...a bandaid patch to this silly one or the REAL patch we've been waiting for?

9. Nials

Nials Prince

It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Hoping a fix will be found soon.