[Vote] (3-05) Proposal: Manufactory = Standard Improvement for Adjacencies

Approval Vote for Proposal #5 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 10 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 3, Proposal 5

This is an updated version of the previous proposal that was vetoed due to lack of clarity. NOTE: This version is slightly different than the previous, so please read.

Proposal: The manfactory is treated as all standard improvements for the purpose of terrain adjacency. The specifics are as follows:

Farms: A manufactory counts as a farm for the 1 food per 2 adjacent farms bonus.
Lumber Mill (logging camp recently merged with them): A manufactory counts as a lumbermill for the 1 prod+1 gold per 2 adjacent lumbermills bonus.

Rationale: We have often talked about ways to beef up the manufactory but just adding "more yields" adds straight yield bloat and isn't very interesting. Adjacency is a fun mechanic, and with this it allows players a new puzzle to try and optimize terrain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proposal sponsored by axatin.

I admit that I don't really understand the enthusiasm for this proposal, but above all why only on the manufactories and not the other GPTIs :confused:.

It's to buff manufactories.

Rationale: We have often talked about ways to beef up the manufactory but just adding "more yields" adds straight yield bloat and isn't very interesting. Adjacency is a fun mechanic, and with this it allows players a new puzzle to try and optimize terrain.

If manufactory is going to give the adjacencies for 2 adjacent farms or lumber mills it will necessarily going to give them to itself, no?

Manufactory triangles will give +1 :c5gold::c5production::c5food: to themselves and hexes will be easy to make, if you can generate 7+ GEs, because they don’t require flat land or features, and aren’t blocked by resources.

I think that’s pretty funny, and dumb, but it’s what ya’ll wanted so 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
If manufactory is going to give the adjacencies for 2 adjacent farms or lumber mills it will necessarily going to give them to itself, no?

Manufactory triangles will give +1 :c5gold::c5production::c5food: to themselves and hexes will be easy to make, if you can generate 7+ GEs, because they don’t require flat land or features, and aren’t blocked by resources.

I think that’s pretty funny, and dumb, but it’s what ya’ll wanted so 🤷‍♂️
It would not. Manufactory do not "gain" adjacency bonuses, they simply provide them to other tiles.

A farm with 2 manufactories will get +1 food, the manufactory gains no bonus.

3 manufactories in a triangle will gain no bonuses.

The good use of them IMO will be to put on top of resources which disrupt triangles, or occasionally in empty holes of forest/jungle.

Top Bottom