3-1 Deity Peaceful Photojournal

Interesting. I really like Goddess of Nature assuming I have a big mountain range.

I only mentioned it because of the strange density of that mountain range. I've never seen a 10 mtn tile anywhere near otherwise capital-grade dirt before. You'd be collecting 5 food, faith, and gold there pretty fast. Probably more gold for the USA UA than any other pantheon except God Of Commerce.

I only mentioned it because of the strange density of that mountain range. I've never seen a 10 mtn tile anywhere near otherwise capital-grade dirt before. You'd be collecting 5 food, faith, and gold there pretty fast. Probably more gold for the USA UA than any other pantheon except God Of Commerce.
It's worth trying. However, you pretty much have to commit to it when you place your capital, which I don't really like. Overall I think that position is a lot worse, and you destroy the marsh which is the only 3 food tile available. You lose access to a lot of river farms later in the game.

I end up with 2 cities that have 0 mountains, and a city that would only get 2 mountains, so the pantheon overall isn't that strong. Wisdom gets more faith and I would happily trade food and gold for science.

Last edited:
It's worth trying. However, you pretty much have to commit to it when you place your capital, which I don't really like. Overall I think that position is a lot worse, and you destroy the marsh which is the only 3 food tile available. You lose access to a lot of river farms later in the game.

I end up with 2 cities that have 0 mountains, and a city that would only get 2 mountains, so the pantheon overall isn't that strong. Wisdom gets more faith and I would happily trade food and gold for science.

I think you need a lots of mountains and you need to really commit but it is very powerful when you have enough mountains. I'd try and build all my cities around the mountain range. So move onto the silver, so you still have the marsh to work with a plan to build another city where your warrior is, connecting the two other silver. Then probably a 3rd city north east

I think you need a lots of mountains and you need to really commit but it is very powerful when you have enough mountains. I'd try and build all my cities around the mountain range. So move onto the silver, so you still have the marsh to work with a plan to build another city where your warrior is, connecting the two other silver. Then probably a 3rd city north east
Yeah Goddess of Nature is absurd on the dream start, but I don't think this is the dream start. Given the location of Rome, placing your second city along the mountains creates a big risk of being forward settled.

I also don't like settling my capital in a place that limits my options too much. Also if you settle on a hill, you are a lot less likely to hit 4 pop before taking tradition. The free food in the capital would be super nice to have though.

Yeah I'm not sure where the line is. I've
Yeah Goddess of Nature is absurd on the dream start, but I don't think this is the dream start. Given the location of Rome, placing your second city along the mountains creates a big risk of being forward settled.

I also don't like settling my capital in a place that limits my options too much. Also if you settle on a hill, you are a lot less likely to hit 4 pop before taking tradition. The free food in the capital would be super nice to have though.

Yeah I'm not sure where the line is, I'd certainly move my warrior/scout so I could see just how many mountains are around, so where is best to settle.

I think opening shrine/pyramids here would be pretty powerful, it would delay tradition enough so you could be size 4, but not by much as you'd get a lot of extra culture off the pantheon. If after scouting oyu are in danger of getting forward settled you can quickly build another settler. Also as you are America forward settling is less of an issue.

I think opening shrine/pyramids here would be pretty powerful, it would delay tradition enough so you could be size 4, but not by much as you'd get a lot of extra culture off the pantheon
Does Goddess of Nature give culture for mountains? I thought it was faith food and gold for mountains.

You can get 2 culture for a natural wonder but that's the only source of culture available according the civipedia.

Does Goddess of Nature give culture for mountains? I thought it was faith food and gold for mountains.

You can get 2 culture for a natural wonder but that's the only source of culture available according the civipedia.

This is correct, but with enough mountains, you can still found and go monument first.

Yeah sorry I have forgot what it does exactly. I still think it is powerful enough to be worth the effort but in this case you'd need to go monument 3rd, might even be able to get to size 5 before tradition, although that doesn't do that much.

Yeah sorry I have forgot what it does exactly. I still think it is powerful enough to be worth the effort but in this case you'd need to go monument 3rd, might even be able to get to size 5 before tradition, although that doesn't do that much.
I'd go monument second and pyramids third, especially as USA who has extra early production. You still easily get the wonder. Monument third has absolutely terrible culture, you are looking at like a turn 35 first social policy? You'll remain behind for a very long time and basically lose any chance at future wonders such as Hanging Gardens.

I'd be interested to see this play through again - I'm not sure that it's possible with the current AI on deity. You have to strategically farm xp from the AI to survive long run.

Top Bottom