[Vote] (3-10) Proposal: City production choice menu sorts by unit type.

Approval Vote for Proposal #10 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeneralAmadeus

Chieftain
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 10 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 3, Proposal 10

Proposal Details:
Sort units by type first and then by name. Having the units in the build menu sorted into 4 categories in the following order:
Civilian, Land military, Naval military, Air.

Reason:
Sometimes you forget the name of the unit you want or have gotten a tech that replaces it with a different unit and it can take a while to find it. It would also make it easier to look at similar units when considering what to build if they are not at random places it the menu. This is not really a problem in the early game but late game you have a lot of available units to build. It is also important to make this an option so that it does not force the players who like the current fully alpabetical system to change to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proposal Details:
Ha as an option in the options menu (like promotion icons) to sort units by type first and then by name. Having the units in the build menu sorted into 4 categories in the following order:
Civilian, Land military, Naval military, Air.

Reason:
Sometimes you forget the name of the unit you want or have gotten a tech that replaces it with a different unit and it can take a while to find it. It would also make it easier to look at similar units when considering what to build if they are not at random places it the menu. This is not really a problem in the early game but late game you have a lot of available units to build. It is also important to make this an option so that it does not force the players who like the current fully alpabetical system to change to it.
Are you talking about city production choices?

Yes. The units section in production gets rather big in later eras so having it sorted like this makes it easier to find what you are looking for.
Especially if you have To the Glory of God. Authority's finisher, or certain ideology tenets.

Ugh, UI work. Good luck getting a sponsor :p

This idea is interesting and I might explore this as a modmod first.
UI stuff is kinda finicky...
1674476563253.png

I'll sponsor if you want this to be as it is, without a toggleable option on Options Menu.
I would be very happy if for this to get sponsored even without a toggleable option. I acctually thought about making that optional but forgot about it.

Proposal sponsored by N.Core.

@N.Core You can implement the toggle option if it gets passed.

Top Bottom