3.13 Colony/Declare War/Culture Bug

AlessioCerci

Prince
Heres the situation. I was on a continent with Lincoln and Pacal. I attacked and destroyed Lincoln and was at peace for ~1500 years, in which time I got relations with Pacal up to friendly and thus he should not declare war on me.

Suddenly Pacal creates a colony (Saladin) and declares war on me at the same time. My former American cities now "wish to join their motherland" and despite the fact that they are nowhere near Arabia, they have significant Arabian culture. The save is from immediately after Pacal declared war.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/120366/WTF.CivBeyondSwordSave

Seems people already know about this....ah well.

I dunno, might not be a bug. Sometimes people flip out like that in real life.
I got this ex-girlfriend.... ;)
A real Q about bug fixes in general:
I havn't downloaded anything other than official Firaxis stuff. Im kinda a newbie to PC land also, only owned one for the last 10 months. Does anybody have problems with the bug fixes and mods downloaded for Civ? I never tried one. I mean these are not official corporate items. What about viruses and spyware and incompatibility to your PC, can we trust just anyone?
(maybe I should post this elsewhere?)

I dunno, might not be a bug. Sometimes people flip out like that in real life.
I got this ex-girlfriend.... ;)
A real Q about bug fixes in general:
I havn't downloaded anything other than official Firaxis stuff. Im kinda a newbie to PC land also, only owned one for the last 10 months. Does anybody have problems with the bug fixes and mods downloaded for Civ? I never tried one. I mean these are not official corporate items. What about viruses and spyware and incompatibility to your PC, can we trust just anyone?
(maybe I should post this elsewhere?)
Obviously there is no guarantee - as a rule of thumb the stuff downloaded hundreds of times is probably malware free - especially the stuff in stickied posts can be trusted. Also unless the download comes with an executable it is reasonable to trust it...
Spoiler that is if... :

you trust a poster like me :devil:
Spoiler seriously :

e.g. the unofficial patches would be gone in a few seconds if they contained malware simply because this forum would take them down and so many people download them that it would be noticed, for stuff that only one person per year downloads there is no such security :evil:

"Prevented new Colonies from overwriting previously existing Civs"

I probably should come up with a better way to describe that, but it's hard to do with a single line. But that does fix the problem you are having.

Bh

doesnt work for me having the same problem.
i installed the unofficial patch, it works since i can see the culture.

it wont let me create more vassals, after conquering chatherine i had the bug with declaring war like described above.
after installing the patch i can only liberate the captured cities to various civs, but i cant create a new colony.

any ideas ?

^^18 civs map? With Bhruic's patch you can't make a colony if you ever had 18 civs in the map ( to prevent the annoying ressurection of phantom civs with colony new faces, like it happen in 3.13 non Bhruic version )

Top Bottom