[3.16]Bismark, Germany

Gokudo01

Emperor
OKay, i've played 3 games with germany this week in standard speed/standard size.

I lost 2 times, I won the last one with diplomatic victory but I'm still not able to figure out what the best way to use them :
Tall/wild ? Early warmoging to diplomatic victory, Peaceful diplomatic victory with high trading level, or warmoger until domination victory.

have you got some advice and god damn it, what is the hanse's purpose, devs ?

Hanse give +5% prod in every city with Hanse for each trade route with a city state! OP!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Just to get this clear as it has been mentioned a few times, here and in other places:

The Hanse is NOT a CEP modded building. It is the vanilla UB designed by Firaxis.

If there were a OP problem with this UB, presumably the general forum would be all over it. I don't believe that is the case, in fact I think it is the opposite.

Keep in mind your :c5science: from trade will stop if you focus on CSs, only :c5gold: from them. (IIRC)

Also this means you, as Germany, wouldn't want to go on a CS rampage as a preliminary to Conquest. Also to maximise the best from the Hanse you would want to cultivate alliances with them and NOT propose EMBARGO of them to p1$$ off another player.

So while +5:c5production: per CS trade route does at first sound OP, the downsides are there to limit the number of trade routes you set up or the play-style you use.

Apparently not.:D:mischief:

For what it's worth I have found it too restrictive to play through an entire game with a set goal in mind.
Of all the times I have failed I can now say that it was because of sticking hard and fast to my perceived game plan. e.g. I have played the revised France three times now with the express desire to win a Culture victory, as they have some bonuses in that area, and I have been smashed each time by bigger/stronger opponents. If I went on a campaign to beat down 1 or 2 of them then perhaps I might have made a go of it but I was too focussed on building Wonders and culture. That was a mistake.

So if I were to say go for a Domination victory with Bismarck since he gets great boosts to production I might be steering you away from an opportunity that the specific map location you land on granted you.

That's the beauty of civ as I see it, endless variation in replay.

Top Bottom