Drill IV Defender
Retired Moderator
Game in progress

Three's a Crowd PBEM

Script: Tectonics - Lakes (30% water)
Size: Duel
Speed: Quick
Difficulty: Emperor
Era: Classical (Starts 2000BC, Turn 34, with 1 settler, 1 worker, 1 archer, 1 explorer)
Players: 5 human players only

Settings:
No Tech Trading
Flips After Conquest (on)
Aggressive AI
No City Razing
No Vassal States
No Tribal Villages
No Random Events

Victory Conditions:
Only Time and Conquest victories enabled.

Leaders/Civs:
Choose your leader. No Roman leaders though.

Rules:
You may not contact players until you meet them in the game.

Terms of Entry:
There will be no strict turn times as such, but to sign up you must be willing to spend potentially well over one year playing this PBEM game. If you are going to be absent for more than a couple of days please show the courtesy of posting in this thread or the Temporary Leave Announcement thread. If you are absent for more than 10 days and have not contacted any of the players in the game indicating your absence, then you may be replaced permanently by another player.

If you'd like to join this game, please reply to this thread with the following:
1) Your preferred time of day to play and your timezone.
2) Your preferred leader. If you don't care, just say so and you will be given a random leader on game start.

Notes:
You might be wondering why I've set 5 people on a duel map... Tectonics-Lakes maps are fairly large so a duel size map can fit many more than 2 players. Try generating it to see what it sometimes looks like.

The aim for this game is to have as epic as possible a game in as short as possible time. :) (as with most PBEMs!) Because the game is on quick speed, it can't last for more than 297 turns from the game's start and Time victory is enabled to ensure the game doesn't become a stalemate or stagnate near the end.

Tectonics maps are not always the most balanced so if you're ultra-competitive and would not want to play if you got a weaker start then please don't sign up. It's often the case that starts that appear weak at first have metal resources or a good position globally making them better as the game goes on.

Signed up players:
PieceOfMind (Mehmed)
mc-red (Mansa Musa)
Excelsi (Victoria)
Deztro (Genghis Kahn)
pacoenes (Mao)

Game has started.

Turn order:
1. PieceOfMind
2. Deztro
3. Boingo (replaced mc-red)
4. pacoenes
5. Rihiter (replaced Excelsi)

mansa

If you'd like to join this game, please reply to this thread with the following:
1) Your preferred time of day to play and your timezone.
2) Your preferred leader. If you don't care, just say so and you will be given a random leader on game start.
;)

I didn't ask mc-red because I already know his from a current game.

1) GMT+1, play from 09:00-22:00,19:00-22:00 preferred.
2) Genghis Khan

Soon. I'm a bit busy this time of year with other things. Should be able to get it going over the next week or two I think.

Works great for me.

Ok I'm about to set this game up. Only thing is you all are practically in the same timezone. The turn order I propose is:

PieceOfMind GMT+10/+11
Deztro GMT+1
mc-red GMT
pacoenes GMT+1
Excelsi GMT (will receive save last in the day)

pacoenes and Excelsi can you please PM me your email addresses, and also PM them to the person above you in the turn order?

Since Deztro has said he can sometimes play in the morning, he's straight up after me. That should let mc-red have his turn in the afternoon, pacoenes into the evening, and then Excelsi in the late evening / night. Often the turns will run out to two days I suppose, but it's no biggie.

So all the end of year festivities have held me up a bit more than I expected. Is everyone still ok to start the game soon? I will be able to start up the game when I get back to my "civ'ing" computer in a few days, I hope.

I've got all your emails now so thanks for that. :)

Hope you all had a merry Christmas and happy new year!

Hi everyone.

I got the game started yesterday and have sent off the first turn to Deztro during my round of PBEM emailings. :)

I set up the game in a bit of a hurry so let me know if you notice the settings are wrong or something.

I won't be able to play my next turn til about Thursday but I'll be able to check back here every couple of days if there's any problem.

The turn order is as follows:
PieceOfMind
Deztro
mc-red
pacoenes
Excelsi

Please make sure to pass on the save to the person below you. If you haven't got their email address PM me or them and one of us will send it to you.

Also you should set your password on the first turn of the game.

Good luck and have fun!

Cheers,
PoM

Turn sent.
Good luck guys !

sent a couple of hours ago.
Good luck to you too Deztro and everyone else :)
Let the games begin...

Top Bottom