3 questions about map size, upscaled research and production time and flickering shadows.

ATARi144kHz

Chieftain
1. Does the options with upscaled research and production time in 42.1 also affects AI players?

2. Why map size was changed since C2C v38.5? From 40.1 to 42.1 gigantic is 144x96 while in 38.5 it was 184x112. Was this changed due to instability, turn time calculations or something else? Right now it's too small to my liking so I modified CIV4WorldInfo.xml and added bigger maps sizes but I'm not sure if this will be stable in long-term. Now the biggest I have is 168x112. I've also tried 240x160 for test and fun on Arboria, but there are some artifacts on the right side of map.

3. Do you also experience flickering shadows of some units and animals? I have this problem on different graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia and different versions of drivers.

Last edited:
1. Does the options with upscaled research and production time in 42.1 also affects AI players?
Yes.
2. Why map size was changed since C2C v38.5? From 40.1 to 42.1 gigantic is 144x96 while in 38.5 it was 184x112. Was this changed due to instability, turn time calculations or something else? Right now it's too small to my liking so I modified CIV4WorldInfo.xml and added bigger maps sizes but I'm not sure if this will be stable in long-term. Now the biggest I have is 168x112. I've also tried 240x160 for test and fun on Arboria, but there are some artifacts on the right side of map.
For stability, but also for it to fit the minimap aspect ratio perfectly. X/Y ratio.
3. Do you also experience flickering shadows of some units and animals? I have this problem on different graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia and different versions of drivers.
Z fighting can occur for some art assets.

Top Bottom