1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

30 New Achievements

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Pouakai, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Wezqu

Wezqu Warlord

Because its a special achivement not scenario achivement. It means that you can get it during a normal game of civilization and not while you play a scenario. Every DLC so far has had achivements that are for the normal gameplay.

This also seems to confirm that there will be one new world wonder. Most likely The Statue of Zeus makes a comeback.

2. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

The special achievement 'Zeus & Artemis' seems to indicate we'll get the Temple of Artemis too, which only leaves the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus out.

3. aatami

aatami Kuruth Urfarah, kuruth!

It'd be a real outrage if they left the Hittites and Sumerians out. The fan community would explode in anger..!

4. Lose

Lose King

huge dlc content incoming....

5. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

If we get Korea what will the special ability be?

6. drlucifer

drlucifer Chieftain

Don't we already have enough useful Ancient/Classical wonders? I build up a heck of a backlog as is. And I skip HG. And somewhere along the line I pump out Settlers/Workers/military.

But OK, 30 achievements.

2 new for game. 13 for scenario.

Maybe 2 faction-specific for game (Win as, Perform special action) and 13 for another scenario? Maybe it is Korea civ + Korea scenario + Wonders of the World scenario? That would fit discussion and # of new achievements.

7. Misterboy

Misterboy Modern Major General

Does anyone know off-hand how many achievements usually accompany new DLC?

30 new ones seems like a lot.

8. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

It's been more like 10 per DLC in the past ... with both Korea and Ancient Wonders rumors going around, seems like two coming out at once at least. Makes sense a little too with the fact there was no DLC in June.

9. Villager720

Villager720 Warlord

I believe there were around 11 in the last one. Even if I'm not exact on Denmark's, 15 per DLC still seems high...

10. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Well, for a scenario, it depends on the number of playable factions, as it's only fair that there is an achievement for winning as each, as well as winning on the highest difficulties etc. The Wonders of the World scenario clearly has many playable factions, so it has lots of achievements.

The number of achievements associated with any suggested Korea DLC (plus any for winning as Korea, or those tied to the Civ and its abilities themselves, rather than a scenario) will similarly depend on the nature of the scenario.

It is an unprecedented number to be added in one go, but it's not like there's a limit on these things -- they will add as many achievements as they want to.

11. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

According to the Wonders of the World DLC Achievements located in the debug log, there are 15 Achievements that we have no information about (WOTAW DLC Comes with 15)

12. Lance of Llanwy

Lance of Llanwy King

I don't think they'd release a scenario independent of civs, personally. Civs are what moves the DLC, is my guess.
    So my guess is that we're getting one or both of Sumer and the Hittites. Hopefully both.

13. MARDUK80

MARDUK80 Prince

Great news! :worship:
    If Korea will be released in next month, we could possibly get three (Sumer, Hittites & Korea) new Civs within a month!

14. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

Yep. The late game is completely neglected and I think that's because many players don't play through their games long enough to see it.

Also, the early game has been nerfed so extensively (trading posts, extra unhappiness) that it's really impossible to build much during the ancient/classical period (whether it be wonders, cities or an army) in the regular game, thus the reason for the ancient scenarios :)

15. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Agreed on the late game, I'm hoping they'll address the late game drag in a future patch, but then again, the most glaring flaw of Civ 5, the lack of true diplomacy, remains, after what....Months and months of patches. *sigh*

16. JWAT44

JWAT44 Prince

they had better not add religion to a dlc.. and thanks wezqu

17. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

From what I have seen, when DLC is released that uses a new mechanic, the mechanic is added in a related patch to the vanilla. So if they released religion as a feature to go along with DLC, everybody should get the feature... I have downloaded all of the DLC, so somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

18. Mods

Mods Warlord

The should rename "Wonders of the ancient world DLC" to "Big Greek buildings DLC"

19. Becomedeath

Becomedeath The Destroyer

The ability to ignore diplomatic relations without penalty! :lol:

Personally, I'd still like to see expansion beyond the future era, even if it's just in a scenario or two.

The space and sea colonisation from Call to Arms was something I always felt that Civ proper would benefit from. (And would allow us to actually use Krakatoa for something other than a sea faring waypoint!)

20. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I'm curious about that one most of all. It doesn't say it's a scenario achievement, so that suggests they're incorporated into the main game. If so, that's the first non-Civ content in the main game. It would also increase the number of ancient wonders, which I didn't think they'd do.

I don't think so. There might be more mild annoyance. But it's not any different than not having the Norse in just because there's a 1066 scenario. Sure, the Norwegian Civ fans were upset, but that was carryover anger from the combination Denmark-Norway being called Denmark and leaving out other Scandinavians.

It's certainly possible we'll see either the Hittites or the Sumerians, but I don't expect to see both right now. Likely one will be represented by Osman or Rahmkamhaeng. Sumeria is the more likely one to be represented. I pray they don't have Gilgemesh as the leader, though (Ur-Nammu or Shulgi are the ones I recommend, but I could live with Sargon because he's well-known).