30 Points On Chieftain

Spoonwood

Grand Philosopher
4 days ago I submitted a Standard Chieftain Histographic game, which scored 30 points. It took about 18 minutes (and I wasn't trying to break the keys on my keyboard). It was also a loss. I challenge you, dear reader, to consider submitting a game with the same settings. For the game to get accepted see the rules section of the civ III Hall of Fame. For about the past decade I have stood as the number 1 quartermaster on the HoF tables. So, if you submit a game with a higher score you would be able to say that you bested me in a civ III contest (unless I play this type of map and submit a game later with a higher score).

I have not been working on this table to see how high of a score is possible. I also have tinnitus these days which can and does make it difficult for me to concentrate.

Additionally, I played as Rome, even though it seems beyond doubt that the Maya have more scoring potential. I don't recall the map type also, and it didn't matter since I only founded one city at a time and moved it around. Analysis a while back indicated that 60% archipelago maps have more scoring potential than other map types, but without 10 entries on any table that is irrelevant for having a game chart on the table. So, if you prefer another map type, I suggest you give that map type a go.

I will begin the "Quest for 31" today!

In case the "contest winner" gets a little too uppity
If you don't know, once you create an account, and log in with it, there's a 4000 BC tab where you can check to see if your 4000 BC save has the correct settings for the HoF.

You're going down @Spoonwood ! I already have 34 points and it's only 1500 BC. Hope you like how fifth place tastes because you will soon be tasting a historic historiographic upset!1

In a monumental Hall of Fame victory, I scored 3170 points on Historiographic Chieftain Standard, earning me 3rd place on the scoring table, thus proving mathematically that I'm over 1000x better than the legendary @Spoonwood !

For real though, it took me 190 hours and almost 7 months. I was Maya because I like agricultural/industrious. I played pangea and didn't really fuss about the start. Probably should have looked for something more optimal. Eliminated all the other civs except for Russia, who I left on the tip of a tundra island. Then followed the @SirPleb milkery guide. For a while I was confident that I would get 1st place, since I was earning 11 pts per turn, but then this number started to dwindle. I had some hope that maybe I could make it back with "future tech". It's funny that I couldn't find any documentation on how much each of these were worth. The guide says "very little" and one forum poster said five apiece. The truth seems to be ~0.1 per tech, as I had completed Future Tech 25 on the last turn. Anyway, it was fun, and it will be nice to see my name on the HOF list for the first time.

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    596.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Hmm... so, 1000 times Spoonwood's score, but it took roughly 600 times as long to play. Still more efficient in terms of points-per-minute though!

Even if it is a joke (and yes, a funny one ;)), it is still...

Spoiler :
...only 100x better.
Because 30 x 1000 = ...?
:D

t_x

Hmm... so, 1000 times Spoonwood's score, but it took roughly 600 times as long to play. Still more efficient in terms of points-per-minute though!
Mrs. Quintuillus: I'm leaving you for Ruin, he's 1000x better than you.

You: B...but, the sheer inefficiency! it takes him roughly 600 times as long!!

Top Bottom