3000 Years of Rome (RFC)

AOS9001

Slightly over 9000.
Yo, AOS9001, if you know me, I'll be darned, because I'm not regularly active. Anyways, this is my first story, so don't expect anything too amazing.

Basically, I like RFC. I like it a lot. I also like Rome a lot. So what's the logical thing to do? Try to make the Roman Empire last 3000 years. In RFC. An interesting goal, if you ask the goal-maker, which happens to be me. I'm not going for a historical victory, not in the official sense. But if I can make it to 2350, or whenever the 3000 year mark for Rome is, I will have won my own victory. As of this posting, I've played up to 1565 or so, and things have taken a very... historical turn, in one sense. In the other, I'm still around, so that's changing history greatly right there. But, onwards, time to get this journey started!

Also, all but the first image have spoiler tags, just for your loading pleasure. I'm not to familiar with this site, but it's been my experience on other forums that it's better for loading with fewer pictures. Plus, these are kinda big...

Turn 1, the dawn of Rome. Everything is in order, Carthage to the south, nothing really around me. Anyone who has played Rome in RFC knows the scenario.

Spoiler :

Here's turn X. The one thing I hate about RFC is that you can't tell the year until you get calendar. But I told myself, no world builder. As you see, I've settled into Illyria, and all the Italy are belong to us. I'd like you, the reader, to keep in mind this laptop I'm playing on is a piece of censored material, and crashes. A lot. So if you see some year confusion, or things that are one way in one pictures, but suddenly another way in a second picture, it's the crashes.

Spoiler :

All your Gaul are belong to Caesar, or whomever is leader of Rome right now. The takeover was rather easy, I waited until the Celtic cities spawned, and marched a Praetorian right on in to take them over. Thus, only minimal effort and one settler was needed for this.

Spoiler :

If there's one thing you need as Rome in RFC, it's the Great Wall. Not losing a city to barbarians until 1400AD? Simple. Lock them out. This thing will cover Rome's collective rear while the rest of Western Europe is settled. It worked pretty well, in retrospect.

Spoiler :

Gee, a religion! Christianity was founded in Mediolanum, or whatever Milan is called. I would have preferred Rome itself, but, you can't have everything. So, just like history, Europe is destined to be Christian. Or is it?

Meanwhile...

Spoiler :

Rome needs to expand, both to the east, and west. If you look carefully, you can see a city has been founded in Spain. And over here, we have a small incursion into Greece. I was tired of their blue clashing with my red, that, and real Rome took over Greece, so I should too.

With that, I end this post, to see if anyone is interested. Don't worry, things will get better. Maybe. Probably.

Attachments

• Con01.jpg
    Con01.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 4,334
  • Con02.jpg
    Con02.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 4,181
  • Con03.jpg
    Con03.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 4,181
  • Con06.jpg
    Con06.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 4,182
  • Con05.jpg
    Con05.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 4,106
  • Con04.jpg
    Con04.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 4,205
I like the start, it'll be exciting to see how Rome evolves over time and if you can achieve your goal.

Yes, alternate history with RFC! Show the world the power of Rome!

Precisely the point! Speaking of which, I guess I'll make Part 2 of this grand adventure.

Well, here we are, Greece is collapsing, and all your Iberia are belong to the Emperor. I got the good parts, and since them Barbs don't have a chance of crossing that threatening red line on the ground, I don't really need city garrisons out there.

Spoiler :

And there goes Greece... Not even Plato's Forms nor Aristotle's Virtue Ethics could stop the awesome power of Rome! But on the bright side, their works are now safe from roaming barbarians.

Spoiler :

While I had an army, I decided to take Anatolia too. Easy target, right? Babylon is always an easy target, unless you're Persia, then they have abnormal stacks of those UU archers.

Spoiler :

I bypassed Godion/Gordium for a reason I can no longer remember...

Spoiler :

But then I burned it. Warrior resistance? I'm shaking in my boots.

Spoiler :

Then the Arabs came after I captured Khalpe. Needless to say... You can imagine I wasn't too happy about that. Especially when their culture encircled my new city.

Will I fight the Arabs? Will Babylon strike back? Will the untimely arrival of the Europeans screw things up? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attachments

• Con07.jpg
    Con07.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 4,099
  • Con08.jpg
    Con08.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 4,002
  • Con09.jpg
    Con09.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 3,911
  • Con12.jpg
    Con12.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 3,951
  • Con11.jpg
    Con11.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 3,930
  • Con10.jpg
    Con10.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 3,966
The twist is obviously that you and Carthage's leader are long lost cousins.

I'll be sure to follow this, I rarely play RFC, because my laptop can't take it.

Alright, Part 3. I'm sick today (probably failed one final test at school and missed a second because of it), but Imma tough it out and post the seven pictures, to show this illness who is the real boss around here.

Spanish spawned, a few turns later the French apparently spawn, but I didn't see them. In a fit of madness, I declared war. Why? Because it was late at night, and it was a fit of madness. Besides, I didn't see anything, and I've never played a Rome game and had cities in France when France spawns.

Spoiler :

Oh...

Spoiler :
But on the bright side, guess what was built in a little town called Constantinople?

Spoiler :

On the down side, France is lost...

Spoiler :

And on the even more down side, the Arabs have decided to rain on my parade my culture-ing a city to themselves.

Spoiler :

But I can now control Europe, with the next awesome place built in Constantinople! You know, while I'm at...

Spoiler :

Let's just follow history's example. The Western Empire is in shambles, but the East is still going moderately strong.

With that, good night, and good luck. The game's gotten to intense for my laptop now, so I'm putting on my desktop tomorrow if I'm feeling good enough.

Attachments

• Con13.jpg
    Con13.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 3,778
  • Con14.jpg
    Con14.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 3,745
  • Con15.jpg
    Con15.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 3,719
  • Con16.jpg
    Con16.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 3,732
  • Con17.jpg
    Con17.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 3,707
  • Con18.jpg
    Con18.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 3,698
  • Con19.jpg
    Con19.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 3,693
Yay, another update!

And wort wort wort I shall. First one to get the reference gets an internet cookie.

Also, there's only 5 pictures, because one I uploaded is redundant, it shows the same scene about a turn later.

Barbarians strike! Fortunately, I'm immune to barbarians, so they either went after France or Germany. I don't recall.

But shortly after this, the worst disaster a Civ can get happens. No, not civil war... A crash. I'm bumped back to my last save, which was in 950 or so. But not to fear! The second worst disaster a Civ can get happens!

Spoiler :

Civil war!

Spoiler :

Salonae is quickly retaken. Quickly, as in, 170 years later.

Spoiler :

Athens quickly-ish follows. But then the third worst disaster a Civ in this area can ever get...

Spoiler :

The Turks!

Will Rome fight the Turks? Will it's neighbors back stab it in a 4th crusade style action? Will nothing happen? Fine out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attachments

• Con23.jpg
    Con23.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Con22.jpg
    Con22.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 3,619
  • Con20.jpg
    Con20.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 3,680
  • Con24.jpg
    Con24.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 3,610
  • Con25.jpg
    Con25.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 3,603
  • Con26.jpg
    Con26.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 3,615
I'm bored, so I played for two hours and got another 200 years and 20 more screenshots done. On with the next update!

Well, the Turks sure messed things up. Each morning, the Emperor shakes his fist across the Bosporus at the Turk side, and then the Empress tells him to stop whining and do something about it. So the Emperor sends a boat to find the short way to Asia, because you know, that'll help.

Spoiler :

But they didn't find Asia. They found Maya. And like a good European, all your Maya are belong to us, by burning city down.

Spoiler :

But Romans aren't like those Spanish, they vassalized the Mayas, gave them technology, and sat around waiting for the next boat to take them home. They're in for a long wait.

Spoiler :

Then disaster strikes: Civil war! Apparently, some fool tried to usurp the throne or something, but the Emperor is a smart guy, he keeps almost all the military in Constantinople, to go and crush the rebels. Athens is quickly retaken, but Salonae falls into the hands of the Germans.

Spoiler :

Finally, the Emperor, deciding the time is right, decides they should start planning. Whoever guesses what that word on the arrow is wins an internet cookie.

Spoiler :

Any doubts about the coming doom for the Turks are dashed when the Turkish culture takes over the clams outside of Constantinople. It's not about land anymore...

This time, it's personal.

Will Rome crush Turkey once and for all? Will they still be backstabbed in a fourth crusade style betrayal by the rest of Europe? Will there be a sudden re-spawn of Greece? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attachments

• Con29.jpg
    Con29.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 3,519
  • Con28.jpg
    Con28.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 3,567
  • Con27.jpg
    Con27.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 3,601
  • Con30.jpg
    Con30.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 3,543
  • Con31.jpg
    Con31.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 3,531
  • Con32.jpg
    Con32.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 3,506
Thanatos, if my knowledge of the Greek alphabet serves me right?

Yup. Now you just got to figure out what it means. Anyways, I got bored again last night and played the game until the year 1990 or so. Things have gotten interesting... History has gone completely different than the real world, more or less.

The Emperor, as a prelude to war, builds a place of prayer and beauty, because that too totally relates to war.

Spoiler :

And so the end of the Turks begins. I only intend on taking a few cities, so I don't have that big of a stack. But we'll see...

Spoiler :

This should seriously destabilize the Turks...

Spoiler :

The army advances on Sinop. Taking care of them shouldn't be too hard.

Spoiler :

And the first boat to the new world since the original arrives, bringing home the army. We're gonna need everything we can get against the Turks. But, their emprie can't be that big, right?

Spoiler :

Oh...

How will it end? Will Rome have Anatolia at long last? Will there be a 4th crusade betrayal? Will Persia, assuming they're still around, do something? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attachments

• Con35.jpg
    Con35.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 3,532
  • Con34.jpg
    Con34.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 3,483
  • Con33.jpg
    Con33.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3,530
  • Con36.jpg
    Con36.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 3,452
  • Con37.jpg
    Con37.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 3,462
  • Con38.jpg
    Con38.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 3,471
Alright, now for the continuation of the Turk war.

Oh look, I have a stack of doom. Now where shall I put it? Yea, that's right AI, I just used your own taunt against you.

Spoiler :

Oh look, I have a stack of Cuirassiers, now where shall I put it? That's right, I used it again. I think I'll stop now. Turns out my Cuirassiers really scared the Turks, because...

Spoiler :

Well, the image speaks for itself. As Nelson of the Simpsons would say: "Ha ha!"

Spoiler :

The Emperor almost had stroke when he heard the news his SoD had failed. It was up to the Cuirassiers now.

Spoiler :

They did! And got two more cities to boot! All your Holy Land are belong to us.

Spoiler :

Once again, Rome rises to power. Kind of. Well, now the mighy Persian empire is bordering us. And Persia likes to expand. And they're much more powerful than the Turks, going by the fact they're at war with so many people and winning. This can't be good, can it?

Will Rome take on Persia? Will there be another civil war? Will the Turks come back from the dead at the most innoportune of times? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attachments

• Con41.jpg
    Con41.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 3,440
  • Con40.jpg
    Con40.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 3,418
  • Con39.jpg
    Con39.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 3,499
  • Con42.jpg
    Con42.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 3,415
  • Con46.jpg
    Con46.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 3,389
  • Con48.jpg
    Con48.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 3,401
Nice story, keep it up!

And on the subject of cookies:

And wort wort wort I shall. First one to get the reference gets an internet cookie.

That's what the Elites in Halo shout when spotting and enemy, if I'm not mistaken. I believe it's sergeant Johnson's "go go go" backwards.

Top Bottom