1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3000 Years of Rome (RFC)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by AOS9001, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Yared

Yared That Guy

Did you attack a city that's on a hill behind a river?!

2. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

Now you conquer Spain and Persia as ports to colonize the new world meanwhile you rush europe and your glory is again like before!

3. alexander_great

alexander_great Chieftain

I really like your playing style and I can't wait to see the continuing of this story. :)

4. ElMikkino

ElMikkino Warlord

Lol, before I realized that all of Turkey's cities had turned independent, I at first saw that their stained glass sales were booming...I thought they pissed their glass, or something, :lol:.

5. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

You get an internet cookie.

Yared said:
    I moved them first...

Anyways, I'll make another post after school. Or maybe right now, depending... Heck, I'll do it right now.

6. Yared

Yared That Guy

Aha :p

7. AOS9001

Alright, let's resume this venture in awesome.

Last time this happened in a game (as Russia), my empire collasped. I'm a bit worried...

Spoiler :

About frakkin' time I got that island. It's been just outside my culture for so long, I'm suprised I didn't think of this before. But then...

Spoiler :

Fool! Your brain cannot make my head explode! Darius is a fool to declare war, because...

Spoiler :

Now look what you've done. World War One starts here. Hopefully, because if this isn't a world war, I don't know what is.

Spoiler :

They captured Tyrus, but I took it back.

Spoiler :

I never knew there was oil there... Awesome, now I don't have to go make a far away colony. Then a mixed blessing came...

Spoiler :

Persia collapsed. Arabia re-spawned. And we all know what happened last time with Arabia...

Will Arabia become the next big enemy? Will Rome and Arabia put aside their differences, and fight the real enemy, France, the eternal backstabber? Is France really the real enemy, or is it Arabia? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attached Files:

8. Yared

Yared That Guy

Re-upload the pictures. I can't see them :(

9. AOS9001

That's odd, I can see them just fine...

Edit: Wait a second, I think I know what I did wrong... I copy and pasted that from the actual post where I uploaded the pictures.

Edit edit: There, it's fixed.

10. Yared

Yared That Guy

Great! What an interesting twist with Arabia re-spawning!

11. ElMikkino

ElMikkino Warlord

Aah! That war is COMPLICATED!

Mind posting a sides thing? (Like you were on one side with Civ X, Civ Y, Civ Z, etc, and Persia was on the other side with Civ X, Civ Y, Civ Z, etc)

12. AOS9001

One side is Persia, Russia, Japan, and Mongolia, if I remember right.

The other is: Rome, Germany, China, Inca, Maya, Spain, and the Dutch.

There were probably more, going by the fact I was out of contact with several Civs. It's a good bet the English were in on it, and maybe Portugal.

13. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

Nice! Rome is allways fun to play as on RFC, especially if you get the great wall. You have certainly ended up in your fair share of wars.

I'm not too sure on how the stability works but arn't you going to have crap stability and cival wars untill you take back italy? as long as foreign influence rests their your civilization will be pissed :p time to take back the homelands me thinks.

14. AOS9001

Well, I've played up past modern times, and I've actually entered a "Second Renaissance" if you will, my stability has been flipping between stable and very stable. It's odd. But... Well, that would be a spoiler.

15. civver_764

civver_764 Deity

Wow you really got owned in Western Europe. :(

What difficulty is this on?

16. AOS9001

Monarch, I think. I also owe the loss of Western Europe to my own stupidity, though.

17. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

Interesting game so far! :goodjob:

18. AOS9001

Ugh, I lost the cool buildings. Classical-Renaissance age buildings please can has? I hate the Industrial and Modern buildings. I hate the Modern soundtrack the most though, bunch of post-modernist, minimalist crap... I really don't like post-modernism, so don't be suprised if I relate to unrelated things.

Spoiler :

There goes Germany... I have a feeling they'll be back...

Spoiler :

Ugh, plague. Rhye really was serious when he said how much people hated plague. Oddly, this is the first time since the 600 AD's or whatever that I've gotten it, as far as I remember.

Spoiler :

Heirusalem flips to my empire. There was much rejoicing.

Spoiler :

Looks like Rome is on the rise once more, I like that. At least, I hope (and maybe you do too) that Rome is on the rise again.

Spoiler :

Holy Hamburgers Emperor-man, the Germans are back, just like you said! Is it odder that I'm becoming the Emperor now?

Spoiler :

As one civilization rises, another must fall. Goodbye Carthage, I was happy you lasted as long as you did.

Spoiler :

As Romans everywhere angsted, the mood was broken by the greateset backstabber of all time... The French! I HATE the French! Look at the smug smile, that confident pose... I just want to make my Roman Awesome into a hammer and smack them around.

Will Rome fight France? Will France do nothing? Will the Arabs do anything? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attached Files:

19. bakshi

bakshi Prince

Is this a mod or built in?

20. AOS9001

It's RFC, a built-in mod. Came with BTS, you can access it from either "Load a mod" under Advanced, or "Play Beyond the Sword Content" from the single player menu. I don't recall, but it might be under "Scenarios" too.