1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3000 Years of Rome (RFC)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by AOS9001, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Chieron

Chieron Warlord

nah..
    power has 2 effects:
    -increase of production in cities with factories - a additional 25% (or 50%, the tooltip isnt that clear and 50% would make sense to give a total 100% production bonus [forge,factory base,factory+power])
    -additional unhealthiness

2. ilduce349

ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

Power has 2 affects
    most modern day building require it
    +25% production with factory
    it doesn't create healthiness, only coal plants do, hydro plants don't create unhealthiness

3. Gaga1111

Gaga1111 Warlord

Hi I wanted to say that I just love this story and give you a lot of rep+ for it.I actually tried this once too but with egypt and not 3000 but 5020 years (3000BC-2020ad).I'm really glad that this story is something different and played in RFC.

4. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

There was much rejoicing. Yay!

@Power stuff: I see. I went and looked around at what bonuses power gives you, and apparently, it does give you 50% more production from factories, which is very useful. Which now makes me realize why the German spies keep terrorist-ing my factories... Stupid espionage, I have like 10K more points than Bismarck and he still blows things up. Angst. And now time for an update of nine pictures, for I am kind:

After peace was made with the Nazis, er, Germans, I took back what I could in France. That being one city. I had plans for Spain, but the Germans hadn't lost as much military as I and took it before I could do anything.
    Spoiler :

So I concentrated on Egypt, turning Pr-wst or whatever into Buto. I think that name changed for the worst.

Spoiler :

Alright, WTF. Why is Babylon in Southeast Asia? Stupid Babylon, they should have been kicked twixt the legs by the spawns of Persia, Arabia, and Turkey. Oh wait, I destroyed them, like, two thousand years ago in this game. Sometimes I forget there was a time before the Future Era.

Spoiler :

All your Egypt are belong to us.

Spoiler :

There was much rejoicing. Yay!

Spoiler :

Alas, the Independents hath nuked mine tank! Hark, ye Independents, thy deaths shalt be swift and fiery!

Spoiler :

Thou hast been PWNT by the most venerable Empire of Rome!
    Spoiler :

Frakking Egyptians, stay dead! Well, at thats a few less maintenance costs I need to worry about, right?

Spoiler :

Oh... Frak. I knew they'd be back, I just wasn't expecting it this soon. At least I have my oil now, right?

Will Germany smash Rome? Will Rome play defense and let Germany collapse under it's own weight? Will Mongolia do anything at all? Find out next time, on 3000 Years of Rome!

Attached Files:

5. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Wow, just discovered that story. The Stories & Tales forum is quite pathetic, with Strategy & Tips being the real Stories & Tales, that's why I rarely venture here.

I loved the way you created the Byzantine Empire and arose after numerous collapses. I'm linking this in the RFC forum so that the story receives the attention it deserves.

Me too. I personally would prefer some Medieval/Renaissance buildings to stay in the Industrial/Modern eras in old cities.

6. Yared

Yared That Guy

2 gigabytes? :lol:

I think the power-buildings add 25% power to the factories' existing 25%.

7. Chieron

Chieron Warlord

No building requires power.
    and access to power itself generates unhealthiness (2), coal plants add some more (but that is removable via recycling centers at least) - even without a factory. [not the case in Vanilla, but in BtS]
    Power indeed gives 50% production on top of the factory's 25% base.

enough off-topic for now. let the great war commence.
    interesting, that there are just 3(!) European civs left as of now. Rome, Germany and Scandinavia. And 7 are dead (Spain, Portugal, France, England, Netherlands,Greece, Russia) - for the time being..

8. ilduce349

wrong, airports require power, i am not sure about other buildings

9. ilduce349

also good luck with world war 4, and how about a save link, i have been asking for one since i found out it was the original rfc, because that is the one i use

10. AOS9001

Gee... Didn't think my story was this good. And yes, I'm rather proud I made the Eastern Romans. I was even unstable half the time, just like the real one. Then I took back Italy... Well, we all know the story.

I'd upload it, but I can't seem to find where I saved it. I went and checked the Civ IV (and BTS) files for it, but there's nothing in them, and I checked under "Saved Games" on my account, only Halo 2 stuff there. Hmm... Maybe I could put it on the desktop when my brother gets off it, and upload it from there. Don't normally have problems with that.

11. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

Independents using nuclear weapons? Odd.

12. youknowwhatitis

youknowwhatitis Warlord

Great Story

13. JiimBV

JiimBV Afro Samurai

Wow.. that's pretty amazing. Makes me want to play into the modern era more often... I tend not to, not totally sure why.

14. AOS9001

Because combat gets really repetitive. I'm bored out of my mind when I'm not taking cities.

15. dragodon64

dragodon64 Noble

I love your narration style, this is really interesting. I too rarely look at the Stories section, but this time it was worth it!

Wrong, Airports do not require power. I am sure about other buildings also not requiring power.

16. ICNP

ICNP The Third Superpower

I've never seen a Mongolia that large, and that useless, but still advanced.

17. carloin

carloin Chieftain

*Whew*

Just finished your story from start to the last update...

Making me want to do more of these alternate history thingy in RFC.

18. AOS9001

Yea, it's a long read, and it's only going to get longer. I've already got another story in the works, one where I actually try to win the game (albeit with a few of my own goals thrown in). It's not RFC though. But, here's a hint: 1000 AD. Gee, I wonder which faction I'll play as?

But, before I start posting that one, I wish to finish this current game up.

19. ilduce349

you should download 1200 ad, much more realistic

20. AOS9001

Orly now? I'll go look it up.