1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3040 Bc

Discussion in 'Team Mad Scientists' started by HUSch, Dec 20, 2008.

1. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

1. Ari 6 or 9
    2. What should Pyt (0.3/2) do? heal or go back? What is the chance do win the next attack?
    3. Archimedes 88
    4. work boat 74 on the clam tile.
    5. CERN build worker

Revolution to slavery? There are some ideas about this. But i don't know, for what is slavery good. We 've in CERN no advantage from this. But when we a change want, then is now til the next settler the best time.

Attached Files:

2. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

1. Aristotle 9
    2* 88? Is that better than 7? If so, why?
    3. Pythagoras must heal, without moving. The risk of another animal attack is too great.
    4. agree
    5. now is perfect to revolt. We have only 1 city, therefore the anarchy costs much less than a revolution later on.

Spoiler * rant :
    due to our method of turn discussions having separate threads, it has taken me 20 minutes to review 6 different threads to find a screenshot of the situation regarding Archimedes. If all the turn discussion was confined to a single thread, this task would have taken less than 5 minutes. Of course, if the forum servers were running smoother, it wouldn't have taken 20 minutes.

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

I don't agree. By delaying producting for 1 turn, all new cities will be build 1 turn later. Effect is the same, we lose 1 turn. I suggest we revolt when we are about to use slavery.

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I suggest waiting to revolt until we know we want to pop-rush. It may be that our city setups are such that we never actually use it.

The slave revolt event is triggered by being in the civic, not by rushing. So once we're in the civic we run a risk every turn of lost production or even lost population since we have no gold to pay off the workers.

5. Hummel

Hummel Warlord

Pyth: He must go 2 and heal there. If he stays with 0.3 points he will be killed by the other panther next turn.

A settler costs 100. At this time we have a production of five for the settler. I suppose that we don't finish the last settler production with this five productionunits but with a chopped wood - so we wouldn't lose a turn. And from the next turn we would lose more production/commerce at a revolution than now, cause of the calm. So, revolution now!

@HUSch

Could your make every turn one screenshot of our country, where we can see the cityproduction, research and maybe the worked land. (Ertragsanzeige)

6. topas

topas Prince

Ari 9
    Pyt 2 (and heal there; we'll loose Pyt for sure if we don't retreat (.585 vs. 2). We need at least 1.1 health for wining odds over 50% when defending on jungle-hill)
    Archimedes 8-8 (peter: CERN-4 is a riversite-hill so after chopping (and mining) we'll get 1 extra commerce. (...on a side note: I always prefer chopping next to a city first for defense reasons.))

Concering revolt I'm a bit undecided.
    Now we can revolt a loose only 5 basehammers and 11 commerce, while it will definately be more expensive later. (clams for instance add 3 commerce next turn) So now would be perfect timing.
    Slavery also adds a lot of safety...
    On the other hand it's not certain, when we might need it and there is the constant threat of a slave revolt.
    I tend to vote for revolting now:undecide:

7. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

For revolution or not
    we 've spice and clam now, that's 6 :hammers:/turn for the next worker, with clam + mine 7. so it's 1 turn later for the worker,
    Important is: Need we slavery, with the possible revolt (in BtS) slavery is not allways the normal labor-form (as in WL).

Votes
    yes: Peter, Hummel, Topas
    no: Tinker, Dave, HUSch

More votes please, we 've time (>24 hours)

8. Hummel

Hummel Warlord

Yes, we need it. Our new citys develop much faster with slavery. Especially because of our cheap granary (1 pop) we are able to slave efficient.

9. topas

topas Prince

We'll probably not use slavery in CERN much, but all the other cities will need the whip pretty soon.

10. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Hummel
    is this the picture you want? If yes, I don't know how long I can upload this (~0,5-0,6 MB) every turn.

Attached Files:

11. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

side note: HUSch, have you considered a third party image hosting site, like imageshack.us? I used xs.to for a while, until I got a google message that the site was installing malware. :nono:

Here is what happens when you use 'Thumbnail for Forums (1)':

It's a fairly speedy server, but there may be better ones out there that I don't know about.

12. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

I 've made:
    1. Ari 9
    3. Archimedes 88
    4. workboat 74
    5. CERN build worker
    I haven't
    2. Pyt 2 I hope the panther don't follow!
    6. Rev to slavery

13. topas

topas Prince

If we don't want to loose Pyt we have to retreat with him. I haven't seen an animal going anywhere else instead of attacking a human unit.
    I strongly suggest to move Pyt 2.

14. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Actually, wouldn't moving Pyth 1 be better? The animal will not enter our cultural borders, so we'd be able to retreat there in case the animal follows us.

15. DaveShack

I think the issue with upload time is probably his internet connection. The entire image gets uploaded and then shrunk for the thumbnail. It must be a very high screen resolution to be a 6MB file. (Edit: I misread above, it's 1/2 MB each time. Still pretty big for some kinds of connections...)

HUSch,
    The image can be shrunk some via paint. Use the image->stretch/skew menu.
    Fill in smaller numbers for the X and Y percent, perhaps 75%.

Also, what format are you using for screenshots? Mine are only 100KB!
    You could check this setting in the INI file.

; file format (TGA,JPG,BMP), Warning: TGA requires a lockable buffer which can lower performance
    ScreenShot Format = JPG

JPG images are much smaller than BMP, so if you have the setting as BMP then changing it might help.

16. DaveShack

Pyt 2. If the panther does follow, it can catch up in the open ground. If we get a couple of turns of healing there are much better chances to survive on the hill.

17. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Topas
    the panther hadn't attacked the injured warrior, he was on the tile Pyt 9 and went to Pyt 8.
    Now Pyt go 2

Dave
    I use jpg-format and the last picture has 342 KB.

more votes to rev or not please

18. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I continue to vote for the Revolution Party... It's the party of change. :mischief:

19. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

Btw, how do you get that detailed combat info? I've never seen it before. :-/

Se let's start the revolution this turn.

20. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

In the log, you can choose this, so you don't need the fighting log like in C3.

Then I play the rev.