1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

33% off for Americans, 50% off for Europeans

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by anandus, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Rince

Rince King

Fantastic. Thanks a lot for this tip.

I did not pre-order since I planned getting the boxed version (like I do since CivI came out). But half price and getting it two evenings earlier is just too good to ignore.

Guess I can always buy it from a bargain bin later if I ever regret not having the box.

2. Andreas3

Andreas3 Chieftain

Thanks a lot for the reply, it worked perfectly :) And thanks to you I will now be able to play Gods & Kings in 10 minutes rather than 14 days :king:

3. Rince

Rince King

I'll be damned, it really works.
    I always thought steam is checking the region, but apparently it does so only for the purchase, not for the activation. Since the key from MacUpdate is a US-key, the unlocking works.

This is from France btw. in case any fellow Frenchmen are hesitant.

4. GustavBjorklund

GustavBjorklund Chieftain

Looks like MacUpdate caught on to people from Europe taking advantage of this discount offer. The deal now says it expires in 2d 6h 39m 22s

5. Name Goes Here

Name Goes Here Chieftain

If I had to guess, it's because this is downloadable content for a game you have already activated.

If it was a standalone expansion that showed up as a separate game on your Steam list, I expect it would be added to your account, but would not activate until Friday.

6. anandus

anandus Errorist

Seems you're right. There's no sale anymore. Not that I can see, anyway.

7. GustavBjorklund

GustavBjorklund Chieftain

8. anandus

anandus Errorist

9. hest

hest Chieftain

My refund request was just accepted, gonna buy it from macupdate instead.

10. kiwi_lifter

kiwi_lifter Chieftain

Thank you very much for this. I saved over 10 bucks, and got the game a day early :)

11. mootles

mootles Chieftain

When did you request your refund? for the time frame ofcourse.

12. Volapyk

Volapyk Warlord

So about 36 hours in total. hmm had hoped it would be faster

13. Vidszhite

Vidszhite Ya Girl Juniper & Friends

Boy, am I glad I came here before buying it! I thought I'd missed the Steam preorder deal, and it turns out there was an even better one all along. And it worked just as fast!

14. civnoob13

civnoob13 King

Argh! Still no refund! Getting worried now that I'll be buying the game twice...

15. Lorthirk

Lorthirk Chieftain

I'm quite positive about the refund. You have a confirmation from them that they received the request (the automatic email they send you when you contact them in the frist place) on time, and the customer policy clearly says that they will refund you. Just be patient, today should be the day.

However, while we're here, I'd like to ask something to the forum experts: let's say for a moment that Steam denies my refund; I'll end up with to keys. So I was thinking to give away for free my second one: is this against the forum rules?

16. tokyochojin

tokyochojin Chieftain

Will this work in Japan or is just limited to Europe and the US? I will cancel my Steam preorder if so and get the MacUpdate one.

17. hest

hest Chieftain

About 36 hours as someone figured out above. And now it seems I have to wait another 36 since the tech support guy asked me if I wanted the amount added to my steam wallet or in real money..

Yay for efficient customer support.

18. Casablancas

Casablancas Chieftain

I have just bought the game with Mac Update. I received my activation key and everything seemed to be working perfectly except that I cannot activate the game since my Civ V vanilla has been bought through the App Store and not through Steam. Anyone knows a way around this?:(

19. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Im gonna cancel my Amazon pre order before it ships and buy this now instead :)

Ahhhh, my Amazon pre order is on dispatching soon and it wont let me cancel it. Nvm then, its only £2 difference (£15 inc next day delivery from Amazon).

I'll have it tomorrow anyway.

20. Lorthirk

Lorthirk Chieftain

I don't know App Store, but if it gives you the option to copy your CivV serial, copy it and register it into Steam. This worked for The Sims 3 PC and Origin Store for me...