(34) Proposal (edited): Change the distribution for CS quests asking for a number of buildings in the empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully support this proposal. So many times have I been stuck with a quest to build useless buildings. And if you don't complete the quest, you will not get other building quests unless you declare on the CS

I also prefer excluding some building to halving the number required. I don't want a single hotel if I don't go for tourism. I don't want more than 1 chancery if I don't go for diplo. And even things like herbalists can be useless on some maps.

The quests as in the OP would still represent a menaingful trade off IMO. You can do the timing to boost wonders and you have to prioritise getting the quest buildings or getting buildings you need more, or units.

TBF, chanceries are good when you have a lot of CS friends.
They are, but if I don't go for diplo, I don't have that many friends consistently. You need 3 just to pay the upkeep of the chancery and 6 to give more output than a market, which also costs less production.

I think it's good to make friends even when you don't go for diplo, because you don't have to compete for them, unlike CS allies. You only have to keep them above the threshold and they give nice bonuses.

I also prefer excluding some building to halving the number required.
From what I understand excluding buildings is not something the developers would be willing to do and I respect that. So my final edited proposal will be to increase the probability that you will get a quest for building 6 hotels instead of 12 hotels, for example. I will edit the proposal once I get the time to do it properly.

I just edited the proposal to make it more acceptable and practical, hopefully :)

Note that this is one of the quests that only appear on one CS and you will not get another unless you complete it or make the CS revoke it (bully/declare war).

I think it's good to make friends even when you don't go for diplo, because you don't have to compete for them, unlike CS allies. You only have to keep them above the threshold and they give nice bonuses.
Agreed, even if your not going diplo you really should be getting CS friends as much as you can, it will make a big improvement to your play overall. and once wire services come around you REALLY want to have every CS friend that you can, the culture gain you get is obscene.

The proposal is the following: Adjust the values so the CS requires a building in all of your non-puppet cities 25% of the time, half of them 25% of the time, and a number in between 50% of the time.
Just to clarify this even further (we want to be precise).

If a player has X cities, a CS should:

1) 25% of the time should demand X copies of the building.
2) 25% of the time should demand X/2 copies of the building (round up)
3) 50% of the time should demand a random integer between X and X/2.

Would there be a choosen from a list that the AI and Player will Build Rather than X amount of Chanceries if im going for diplo im building that or if im going for tourism id be building hotels Everyone builds Production/Gold Building right? Perhaps CS can choose from a pool of buildings and select one from them say Workshop Market Library. ( @Stalker0 Had a list of tiered buildings that i read but cant find) it if the CS picked the most common built buildings rather than situational ones if it can be done

Would there be a choosen from a list that the AI and Player will Build Rather than X amount of Chanceries if im going for diplo im building that or if im going for tourism id be building hotels Everyone builds Production/Gold Building right? Perhaps CS can choose from a pool of buildings and select one from them say Workshop Market Library. ( @Stalker0 Had a list of tiered buildings that i read but cant find) it if the CS picked the most common built buildings rather than situational ones if it can be done
Excluding situational buildings was what I was looking for at first but I got convinced otherwise. However, you can still try a counter-proposal.

From what I understand excluding buildings is not something the developers would be willing to do and I respect that.
You can propose this and it will be changed if sponsored and voted on.

I sponsor this proposal.

Proposal Sponsors: Recursive.

(Sponsors have indicated that they are able and willing to perform the code changes required for this proposal if the community votes Aye on it. Other coders are free to sponsor this as well. A proposal without a sponsor will not advance to the Voting Phase.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom