[R&F] 38 New Steam Achievements Speculation

Monthar

Deity
Steams shows 38 new hidden achievement that probably go with R&F. Anyone care to guess what they might be?

My guesses:
1-9 Win a regular game with each new leader.
10 Recruit a governor and/or place them in a city.
11 Recruit all the governors on the same game.
12 Fully promote a governor
13 Enter a Dark Age
14 Enter a Golden Age
15 Enter a Heroic Age
16 Gain a city's loyalty to your empire. (Flip the City)
17 Gain a city's loyalty to your empire while you're in a Dark Age. (Flip the City)
18 Lose a city's loyalty. (Flip the City)
19 Lose a city's loyalty while you're in a Golden Age. (Flip the City)
20-28 Build each of the new wonders. Probably in specific locations.
29-34 Form each of the new alliances.
35-38 Scenario achievements.

Last edited:
Yes, I expect that there will be 9 "Win as Leader X" and 8 "Do this as Civ Y". I'll quote myself from Sunday on my speculation for the remaining 21.

5 - ages related (e.g., get a dark, golden, and heroic age; something with dedications, something with dark age cards)
3 - governor related (get one, highly promote one, do something special)
3 - related to the new districts/buildings
3 - related to loyalty and free cities
3 - related to emergencies
4 - related to new wonders (natural and built)

There. That's 21. But I can certainly see the possibility of there being one less in some of those categories with a scenario added as well.

Edit: I totally forgot about alliances. They'll contribute a couple of achievements. I put the chance of a scenario at about 30%.

18 Lose a city's loyalty.
19 Lose a city's loyalty while you're in a Golden Age.
29-34 Form each of the new alliances.

Seems like really bad achievements.

Steams shows 38 new hidden achievement that probably go with R&F. Anyone care to guess what they might be?

My guesses:

This is the one you've got wrong, because most other wonders don't have their own, unless there is a cultural-specific one or a nice pun that Firaxis couldn't pass up.

IMO these 8 will be the cute achievements, like [No, the Other One] "As Georgia, playing a TSL Earth Map, found or capture a city on North America."

I’m really hoping there will be some for winning a game on new map script(s). Such as win a game on terra map.

This is the one you've got wrong, because most other wonders don't have their own, unless there is a cultural-specific one or a nice pun that Firaxis couldn't pass up.

IMO these 8 will be the cute achievements, like [No, the Other One] "As Georgia, playing a TSL Earth Map, found or capture a city on North America."

"Capture Atlanta from America."

Class is in Session
While playing as Korea, have seven cities that each have a research lab, a broadcast center, and an established governor.

Cultural Exchange
While playing as the Netherlands, gain 11 or more culture from other players' trade routes in a single turn.

Hot off the Presses
Recruit Mary Katherine Goddard while playing as Mongolia.

Last edited:
Pacidon
While playing as Macedon, receive a research boost from conquering a free city while you are not at war with any civilization.

Last edited:
Happy Meal
While playing as the Cree, establish a trade route from a city with four or more pastures and camps to a city with four or more pastures and camps.

Funny thing I noticed.

Gandhi is the only leader with a LEADER specific ability (gain +35 faith per turn from his ability).

So.... major foreshadowing right there xD along with the "Meet Gandhi".

But yeah, 8 or 9 achievements will be for Do X as Y.

Also, there has been not a single mention of a scenario so I wouldn't be surprised if Rise and Fall omits them completely.

Rotterdam Blitz: "As the Netherlands, Have a city called Rotterdam be attacked by a German bomber unit and form an alliance with England, France, Canada/Cree or Poland within 2 turns of the bombing."

Market Gardened: "As USA, airlift 3 Infantry units to spaces within 5 tiles of a single city owned by the Netherlands or Germany and lose them all within 5 turns."

Pearl Harbor: "As USA, do not declare war with any European or Asian civilisation until the Atomic Era and have a Harbor District pillaged by a unit owned by an Asian civilization. Then declare war on Rome and Germany"

Blitzkrieg: "As Poland, lose at least 2 cities to Germany within the same turn and have your total population halved."

Wut?: "As Cree, found at least 3 cities of which the names can not be pronounced by humans other than Sean Bean."

Stay away from my wall: "As Mongolia, pillage a tile with the Great Wall improvement that has both been pillaged and repaired at least one time in the current game."

Goshdarn Mongorians: "As Mongolia, have China denounce or declare war on you at least 5 times in a game without ever losing territory to China."

Last edited:
Top Bottom