Art Assets in Civilization 6: A Modding Guide

So I got my leader to show up in Asset Previewer, it is hard to see since the viewer camera is pointed at the leader's feet or something, so you can only fully see it if you zoom out far.
Yeah, that's a problem I've encountered. You'll need to animate your leader accordingly.

One thing I noticed is that he made his own light rig (he's got an xlp for it), and I am just using a base game leader's light rig. Would that cause issues?

Another thing is he is using MasterCamera, and I am just using a base game leader's camera. Would that cause issues?
Nope

Is there anything else you can think of that is different from setting up a unit's 3D art, that I didn't mention above, that I may be missing?
Not really, the only weird things to keep in mind are the .wig, the camera weirdness, and the lights. Aside from that everything is technically the same.

Yeah, that's a problem I've encountered. You'll need to animate your leader accordingly.

I have not messed with the sections of the asset file above the geometries section since I was planning on using all those base game animations. I did also notice you made custom animations. Do I need to make custom animations like you did, or can I just reuse base game animations?

I have not messed with the sections of the asset file above the geometries section since I was planning on using all those base game animations. I did also notice you made custom animations. Do I need to make custom animations like you did, or can I just reuse base game animations?
Depends on whether your rig is a vanilla rig or not.

Depends on whether your rig is a vanilla rig or not.

Yea, it is a base game rig. Just imported Tsar Peter and edited the mesh, left the armature alone. Tsar Peter's animations is generally already what I want. Well I guess I need to figure out why it is not showing up in game. One thing I noticed in Fire Tuner under the Asset Preview tab (you know the one you load from the debug folder) is that my leader's asset file is not showing up in the list of assets. Dosen't that mean it is not cooking properly?

How are you guys getting custom animations into Civ6? Are you still using Blender 2.49b and .fbx export for this or has anyone figured out how to do this with 2.79 yet?

One thing I noticed in Fire Tuner under the Asset Preview tab (you know the one you load from the debug folder) is that my leader's asset file is not showing up in the list of assets. Dosen't that mean it is not cooking properly?
Yes, well it does with units anyway.

Has anyone ever had an issue with their buildings spawning like 6 hexes away from your custom district that it is supposed to be in? I've been trying to figure out why it is doing this. I didn't have this problem in my last mod, though I did not make a new district either like I did in this mod. It shows up where it is supposed to be in the Asset Previewer, but the minute the new district is involved it goes bananas. Any ideas?

Well, I got it to not spawn across the map. However, 1) Buildings are still not showing up at all when I build it in my custom district. 2) I can now place the buildings with FireTuner on the map, and it shows up fine.
So now I am trying to figure out how my buildings show up fine when placed by FireTuner, but won't show up in my custom district when I build it. Because if you can place your asset in game with FireTuner, that means your geometries, textures, materials, assets, xlp, and mod.art are all good. So it should be something with my Landmarks.artdef right? But I have looked over it a millions times and compared it to sukritact's one, and still can't find a problem. The only thing I am doing that is different than normal, is I set it up where you get 3 different building choices for each level. I don't see that causing any art issues, though I thought I would mention it anyways. So now that I have narrowed it down some, anyone know what may be wrong?

Well, I don't know if it's linked to your problem, but I have noted that sometime the base game's buildings (like Palace, Granary, Monument) are not shown in my cities but somewhere else on the map when adding custom buildings in the city center (not linked to any art in my case)

Well, I don't know if it's linked to your problem, but I have noted that sometime the base game's buildings (like Palace, Granary, Monument) are not shown in my cities but somewhere else on the map when adding custom buildings in the city center (not linked to any art in my case)

Interesting, is there a thread on the subject? Have you figured out how to solve it?

No, sorry, I've not tried to fix this yet.

It looks like the issue is with a recent Civ 6 update. I just happened to play a game with my first mod, that works correctly of course, and noticed the custom building was doing the same thing now. So everyone who has a custom building in their mod should have this issue with all past and present mods if I am correct.

It looks like the issue is with a recent Civ 6 update. I just happened to play a game with my first mod, that works correctly of course, and noticed the custom building was doing the same thing now. So everyone who has a custom building in their mod should have this issue with all past and present mods if I am correct.

I believe something did change with all custom building mods with the Fall patch. I think p0kiehl had to resolve these issues for his Religion Expanded mod.

I’m sure this question has already been answered but what software/programmes do modders generally use to create leader art? Adobe Illustrator/After Effects?

I’m sure this question has already been answered but what software/programmes do modders generally use to create leader art? Adobe Illustrator/After Effects?

Do you mean 3D Leader art or 2D?

I think you mean animation as opposed to standard art?

I mean animated 3-dimensional Leader models (this being a 3D tutorial thread) vs flat 2-dimension Leader art.

For 3D Leader Art you should use Blender And Deliverators Civ Nexus 6
For 2D leader Art you should use Gimp, Paint net or photoshop

Top Bottom