1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] 3D model

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Pharaates, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Pharaates

Pharaates Chieftain

Hello, I had a question about modding in civ 5. So I have a mod that I downloaded called TarcisioCM's Yuan - Kublai Khan. I like this mod other than that its' UU is a ship but with spearmen model. I want to change the model of UU (Sao) particularly to already existing in game turtle ship model. I was trying to get into modding but just cannot understand model changing. Thank you.

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Questions belong in the main forum, so moved the thread there. Best of luck in your modding. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2021
  2. Nutty

Nutty Deity

A quick glance doesn't tell me why it doesn't work as-is (I didn't actually try it in-game), but to use the galleass model instead, you'd edit "Code\GameDefines.sql" and change where it says:
    Code:
    ('ART_DEF_UNIT_TAR_SAO'),
    to
    Code:
    UnitArtInfo,
    i.e., including removing the parentheses and apostrophes (' ... '), but leaving the comma. This works because that command is already making a copy of the Galleass unit, and this change means you'll no longer be replacing the art define and instead you'll use the entry from the line that's being copied.

EDIT: FYI, this subforum is for posting unit mods. I've notified the moderators to move it to the main C&C forum (where I personally wouldn't have noticed it). ;)

3. Pharaates

Pharaates Chieftain

Yeah so this is great but I really like the turtle ship model. Is it possible to change just the model to it or it is way too complicated and requires whole mod to change? I also figured out why it appeared as spearmen. (I did not check the reload) but turtle ship would be great :)

4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

It's a long time since I've done anything with unit graphics, but try changing ('ART_DEF_UNIT_TAR_SAO'), to ('ART_DEF_UNIT_U_KOREAN_TURTLESHIP'), on the same line as Nutty pointed out

Nutty likes this.
  5. Pharaates

Pharaates Chieftain

I changed everything where it is ART_DEF_UNIT_TAR_SAO WITH ART_DEF_UNIT_U_KOREAN_TURTLESHIP. It did not work. Do I have to change ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_TAR_SAO as well?

6. Pharaates

Pharaates Chieftain

Ok nvm. I was editing wrong file. It works perfectly. Thank you so much guys. You are the best. :)