[BNW] 3D model

Pharaates

Chieftain
Hello, I had a question about modding in civ 5. So I have a mod that I downloaded called TarcisioCM's Yuan - Kublai Khan. I like this mod other than that its' UU is a ship but with spearmen model. I want to change the model of UU (Sao) particularly to already existing in game turtle ship model. I was trying to get into modding but just cannot understand model changing. Thank you.

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Questions belong in the main forum, so moved the thread there. Best of luck in your modding. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick glance doesn't tell me why it doesn't work as-is (I didn't actually try it in-game), but to use the galleass model instead, you'd edit "Code\GameDefines.sql" and change where it says:
Code:
('ART_DEF_UNIT_TAR_SAO'),
to
Code:
UnitArtInfo,
i.e., including removing the parentheses and apostrophes (' ... '), but leaving the comma. This works because that command is already making a copy of the Galleass unit, and this change means you'll no longer be replacing the art define and instead you'll use the entry from the line that's being copied.

EDIT: FYI, this subforum is for posting unit mods. I've notified the moderators to move it to the main C&C forum (where I personally wouldn't have noticed it). ;)

A quick glance doesn't tell me why it doesn't work as-is (I didn't actually try it in-game), but to use the galleass model instead, you'd edit "Code\GameDefines.sql" and change where it says:
Code:
('ART_DEF_UNIT_TAR_SAO'),
to
Code:
UnitArtInfo,
i.e., including removing the parentheses and apostrophes (' ... '), but leaving the comma. This works because that command is already making a copy of the Galleass unit, and this change means you'll no longer be replacing the art define and instead you'll use the entry from the line that's being copied.

EDIT: FYI, this subforum is for posting unit mods. I've notified the moderators to move it to the main C&C forum (where I personally wouldn't have noticed it). ;)

Yeah so this is great but I really like the turtle ship model. Is it possible to change just the model to it or it is way too complicated and requires whole mod to change? I also figured out why it appeared as spearmen. (I did not check the reload) but turtle ship would be great :)

It's a long time since I've done anything with unit graphics, but try changing ('ART_DEF_UNIT_TAR_SAO'), to ('ART_DEF_UNIT_U_KOREAN_TURTLESHIP'), on the same line as Nutty pointed out

It's a long time since I've done anything with unit graphics, but try changing ('ART_DEF_UNIT_TAR_SAO'), to ('ART_DEF_UNIT_U_KOREAN_TURTLESHIP'), on the same line as Nutty pointed out

I changed everything where it is ART_DEF_UNIT_TAR_SAO WITH ART_DEF_UNIT_U_KOREAN_TURTLESHIP. It did not work. Do I have to change ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_TAR_SAO as well?

Ok nvm. I was editing wrong file. It works perfectly. Thank you so much guys. You are the best. :)

Top Bottom