1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3DS Max issue

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by polyphemus, Aug 2, 2010.

1. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

For some weird reason, the front facing polygon faces of my model are transparent...meaning, you can see through the model until the next "wall" ie. if i had a boat, i could see through a side and then see the other side, but not through the other side. And when i rotate the camera, the same issue is on the other side...

2. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

EDIT: Never mind...finally figured it out

i was playing with the materials setting and i guess i didnt have "2-faced" checked?? does that control transparency???

3. BadKharma

BadKharma Deity

I do not know but it sounds like something to remember.

4. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

I have run into the same thing myself on occasion, and use that to fix it. I believe there is a Backface Cull option to turn on both sides in viewport only, but probably doesn't need to be used unless the other has unwanted effects or something.

EDIT: Backface Cull can be unchecked or checked from the right-click -> Properties settings. This will do what you are looking for if the whole object is not showing in the viewport.