1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd expansion or spin-off poll

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by UncivilizedGuy, Nov 25, 2018.

?

Would you prefer a 3rd expansion or spin-off game?

1. Civ6 3rd expansion

221 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. Civ6 scenario style stand-alone game

24 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy The Village Idiot

Historically Firaxis has released spin-off games following the release of the 2nd expansion of the main Civilization series. I never get too excited about the spin-offs myself.

Would you prefer a 3rd expansion of Civilization 6 or a scenario style spin-off such as Beyond Earth or Colonization?

nzcamel likes this.
  2. The Sentinel

The Sentinel Chieftain

hard choice, i loved the setting of BE, but both BE and Colonization never reached their full potential, i voted for a spin-off but that would be on the condition that they put the game together as well as any main series game

3. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

a 3 expansion of course. BE for exampel never interested me at all

WorldWarIV and chrisgatt7 like this.
  4. Rup

Rup Warlord

I dig either. But I would prefer 3rd expansion over another standalone game, ideally both.
    However I don't want GS to be rough around the edges like RandF.I adore Rise and Fall but I think we all can agree a lot of mechanics in Rise and Fall is not enough polish.I want this expansion to be what BTS is for 4 and BNW is for V.Only then I'll Insta buy the third expansion.

nzcamel likes this.
  5. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

I would prefer another alternate to a third expansion: Civ VII. But I could settle for a mythology-themed Civ spinoff that won't have expansions (ala Civ: Colonization), that might include the Maya (and Egypt, Greece, Chinese/Japanese mythology, Norse myths, etc).

Ryansinbela, Buthera, Aristos and 2 others like this.
  6. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

Still waiting for my bronze age spin-off, 'Ancient Civilizations'.

Zaarin, Siptah and Absolution like this.
  7. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

I feel like the quality of a Civ game increases exponentially with the number of expansions, adding a 3rd would seriously make VI a game to stand the test of time™. Financially however, it probably makes more sense to make a spin-off, unless they start gifting the base game of VI away for free.

8. Jewelrunna

Jewelrunna Prince

I'd much prefer a third expansion. Fill in the gameplay gaps that might be left over from two expansions, and add a bunch of Civs who probably should be in the game, but are absentee assuming the leaks are real (Byzantium, Portugal, Maya, Ethiopia, Austria, Babylon, Celt/Ireland/Gaul, Iroquois; especially Babylon, since they're as of now the only Civ in all five games prior to not be in Civ VI).

I'd even buy DLC for more alt leaders and other interesting Civs. I just prefer the core Civ experience over the side games, AC included.

9. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Spinoff.

10. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I'd prefer an expansion or Firaxis make a new game not based on Civ VI. Both the Colonisation remake and Beyond Earth were disappointing IMO although I love the original Colonisation and Alpha Centurai. If an idea is worth pursuing its probably better off being made as an original game rather than trying to shoehorn it into the Civ series.

11. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I think BE would have been more of a match for V with a 2nd Expansion, but I'm certain they never planned for there to be one. I'm not convinced they'll be able to put together an excellent enough game with only one expansoon to match what we would get out of a third expansion. So I'm strongly pro-3rd expansion.

I wonder if Firaxis fears that backfiring though- imagine how empty a new game would be following a third expansion

DefiantMars likes this.
  12. Absolution

Absolution Prince

Real world like Col - yes.
    Cosmic like BE - no.

A historical game that has radiaclly different features in order to represent deep elements of a unique historical system or phenomenon is great.
    Ideas:
    - China - Warring States VS Emperors
    - Feudalism - Complex Euripean Monarchies and the Holy Roman Empire
    - Crusades - Orders, Voyages, and Conflicting Political Motives
    - Native Americans - From Chiefdoms to Confederations
    - Colonization 2

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Ryansinbela and Boccages like this.
  13. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Third expansion, I want the missing of the favorite civs back before we move on to another project.

TheSpaceCowboy and Zaarin like this.
  14. jddods

jddods Prince

I was going to vote Third XP then I read this.

Siptah likes this.
  15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I voted third expansion.
    However I would take a mythological style spin-off game with Civs from Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
    Too bad there wasn't an I'd take both option.

Zaarin, Sirimiri and jddods like this.
  16. Naktis

Naktis Warlord

Too many great Civs still missing , so 3rd expanssion is a must have. Plus I hope 3rd xpac will gives new victory type. After that..yes some sort of standalone game would be very nice idea , before jumping to civ 7. In one of the threads someone mentioned fantasy type civ so I want that.

TheSpaceCowboy likes this.
  17. Boccages

Boccages Warlord

I would like Colonization 2 (or 3 if you count Civ4: Colonization)

18. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

The last couple of spinoff games sucked.

Zaarin, bonafide11 and Xur like this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

My first reaction was to say third expansion, but I wonder if that would be trying to cram in too many features/mechanics. We're getting pretty full already.

20. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Personally, I would prefer a 3rd expansion, because no of the spin offs have captured me in the same way, but i am happy to be proven wrong