3rd German (Austrian) UHV

I tried the new German UHV again after the change (8 pleased or friendly independent ) as I really like new UHVs and it is definitly very fun to build a Habsburgian Super-empire where the sun never sets.

Here is what I did to be succesfull with UHV 1 and 2, but failed with UHV 3. I would like to discuss what I could have made better or what a good change for the UHV would be as I fear it is not doable without immense luck, if even.

1st UHV: Interesting and challenging, but doable. Conquer Rome build ships and Macemen with CR-Promotion and capture Jerusalem. If Arabia is super strong that maybe hard, but mostly Jerusalem is only lightly defended.
Tech to Academia and build up a large army to lead war against Spain, Portugal, probably France and Poland. And if you are unlucky the Ottomans backstab you, too.

2nd UHV: The Reformation war is a great possibility for UHV2 - get 3 Catholic Vassals without declaring war on them, what would ruin your future relations.
I vassalised France (captured Marseille and reduced Paris to the last defender for capitulation),
Spain (captured Barcelona and Madrid, which I returned immieditly),
and Portugal (captured and returned Lissabon).
Poland surprisingly changed to Protestantism, War against Ottomans ended without decisive battles.
After the war I converted to catholicism again.

3rd UHV: have 8 pleased or friendly relations with 8 independent european civs and settle 8 GStaatesman or GArtists in Vienna/Wien by 1850 AD

The Staatesman and Artitsts are doable if you really focus on it, but you should try not get other Great Persons as you need more Great Staatesman to improve your relations with other civs.

There are theoretically 12 european civs (if Ottomans count as Europeans)

The civs that are regularly alive in 1850 AD:

France: Problem they were my vassals, so not independent. I tried first to end Vassalisation by helping them above 50% of my land and population, but they did not declare themselves independent. So I demanded all their ressources and they declared war.
Peace followed and a Great Staatesman improved relations to pleased.

Spain: Problem they were my vassals, so not independent. I tried first to end Vassalisation by helping them above 50% of my land and population, but they did not declare themselves independent. So I demanded all their ressources and they accepted. No chance of freeing them from my vassalisation.

Portugal: Same as Spain.

Prussia: I converted them to catholicism (spy) and adopted Tolerance (favorit civic), and gifted them a free tech and defensive pact, but the close borders malus is too much. So not pleased.

Russia: I neglected to convert them, so Russia may be possible. But I did not get them above content, even with delaring war on their worst enemy Ottomans.

Ottomans: Huge religious malus and close borders. No chance for conversion as they never opened their borders.

England: Conversion to Catholicism, gift and GStaatesman made them pleased.

Netherlands: Conversion to Catholicism and gift were enough.

Civs that maybe alive

Greece: Declared independence from Ottomans in 1823 AD. Pleased after a gift. Easy.

Italy: Never spawned. I tried to have Venice independent when Italy can spawn in 1167 AD, but France or Byzanz captured them. Without declaring war on both this can hardly stopped. And you need your army to conquer Jerusalem at that time.

I later gave Naples its independence hoping that would respawn Italy, but no.

Any ideas?

Sweden: Friendly with me, but collapsed in 1790s without external reasons (war). Nothing I could do about it

Poland: Collapsed with four cities without ever being attacked. Again no possibility to prevent this. Never repawned even after I released Krakau later.

That makes 4 pleased or friendly independent civs: England, France, Greece and Netherlands.

Russia maybe possible if you can convert them to catholicism or fight a common enemy (Ottomans).

Possible Bug: Congo counted for the UHV (tested) and perhaps Mexico (could not declare war, so not sure).

Alternative ideas for a diplomatic goal for UHV 3? (In addition to the GS and GA in Vienna)

- Less pleased civs? Not only european civs?

- Something about Defensive Pacts?

- or something about german unification under Austrian terms, (culture, vassalise or conquer Prussia)

- being the only true "Kaiser" (emperor) (conquer vassalise Prussia, Russia and Ottomans)

Alternative ideas for a diplomatic goal for UHV 3? (In addition to the GS and GA in Vienna)

- Less pleased civs? Not only european civs?

- Something about Defensive Pacts?

- or something about german unification under Austrian terms, (culture, vassalise or conquer Prussia)

- being the only true "Kaiser" (emperor) (conquer vassalise Prussia, Russia and Ottomans)

Maybe something related to the Holy Alliance, allow no European civ to run Democracy, Constitution, Secularism or Nationhood?

Successfully persuade other nations 20 times via gold or espionage in World Congress until 1820.

I can concure that the 3rd UHC is very hard due to the 8 fiendly or pleased civs.

Successfully persuade other nations 20 times via gold or espionage in World Congress until 1820.
But this would depend on civs being unsure about your claims. You'd have to get lucky to even get that notice 20 times.

But this would depend on civs being unsure about your claims. You'd have to get lucky to even get that notice 20 times.
Maybe give a new UP to HRE that lets them persuade civs to vote against other civs?

Strangely enough, last time I played, the qualifier "European" was unnecessary - I just needed to have 8 pleased civs in the whole world which was easy enough (couldn't have won otherwise - several players were collapsed, I was hogging Northern Italy in order to keep my superpower status and I was pretty hated in mainland Europe and my main rivals, that is France, Prussia and Russia, were all my trusty vassals) . Then again, I didn't use the Git version.

Top Bottom