4 happy faces with 3 lux and no Ent

seagull

Chieftain
Hi,
I seem to be getting 4 happy faces in most of my cities in Despotism even though I only have 3 lux and no Entertainers/Entertainment.

I do not even have Currency yet (much less marketPlaces).

I have used a few pop rushes but it seems that now one more pop rush will make the 4th happy face in every city go away.

Any idea why?
Is there a clear description of how faces work somewhere on this site?

On second thought, maybe it has nothing to do with pop rushing.
It just goes away on its own and I am not sure why.

Why did I get those extra faces in the first place?

Some city improvements such as temples and colosseums make citizens happy.

How large is the garrison in the affected towns?

Have you moved some of the garrison out of those towns - thus reducing the number of content faces?

Ted

He's got more happy than he should have, if I understand correctly. No matter how much 'content' stuff (military police, buildings, wonders) you have in a city, you will not have any happy people, unless you have stuff that really adds 'happy' people (luxuries, luxury rate, entertainers). He should have a max of 3 happy, but he has 4 happy. The only other factor is war happiness.

The reasson I asked is because seagull said some of the "happiness" went away. Which made me think of garrison :)

Ted

of course :)

Not enough info always leads to (un)inspired guesswork :D

Ted

Sounds like War happiness expiration is the explanation.
IIRC my current war with the Vikings started about 20 turns ago.

Which raises the following questions:

A. Is there anything I can do to prolong War Happiness?
B. How do I get specific AIs to declare war on me?
C. Do I get war happiness even if they refuse some unreasonably outrageous demand?
D. How do I conduct war "safely" so I can get peace when I switch to republic?

Any good articles on this (except the great new one I just noticed in the war academy?).

Thanks,
Seagull

PS.

If I have 4 lux 4 citizens and not enough garrison/improvement to keep all 4 from being unhappy do all four get happy or do I lose the effect of the 4th lux?

How does pop rushing affect happiness?
If I pop rush 3 times in a row (every 5 turns) how long before my "cruelty" is forgotten?

The following advice is not all inclusive as other will no doubt have better thoughts, but here's my ideas:
Originally posted by seagull
A. Is there anything I can do to prolong War Happiness?
Trade for Wines so your citizens can get drunk enough to be happy about being at war.
B. How do I get specific AIs to declare war on me?
Repeated spy missions perhaps? Cancel any ROP's and tell them to get out of your territory?
C. Do I get war happiness even if they refuse some unreasonably outrageous demand?
The answer to this is in the bottom of an aforementioned Wine bottle, but I'm not saying which one.
D. How do I conduct war "safely" so I can get peace when I switch to republic?
There's no way to conduct war absolutely safely. However, the faster and harder you hit them, the better. There is very little you can do about the minimum turns they won't talk to you though.

Top Bottom