4 New Challenges

Fanatik

Chieftain
4 ideas, obviously not complete uhvs

1. Russia Uhv with 10 or fewer cities (8 would be most challenging)

2, Moai Statues in Oceania (or Jakayarta)

3. Babylonian Colonial empire- found or control 2 cities on all continents or, found a city on every continent as a pacifist (never declare war). (squating must be turned on)

4. German Colonial Empire - be the first european empire to found a nation in africa and s. america, and found 1 city on every continent as pacifist or foud or control 2 otherwise.

(2 more)

Build a spaceship as japan or Britain only founding cities on islands.

Buld every non-religious post classical wonder (does not enerate great prphet) as France or every wonder as an ancient or classical civ

(And Another)

Buil Sangkiore, Minaret, Leaning tower, Notre Dame and either Wat Prahn or Sistine chapel as Germany or France

My strategy for stonhenge was to take the extra phalanx and pillage egyptian stone while the others would head to babylon and use the oracle for metal. Emancipation then to cripple ai (think this is helped, thouh not sure). I did miss hagia sophia and kulkulan though I seldom build these anyway.

Probably only possible as greece- egypt cant get oracle and seldom great ibrary if it attacks babylon, babylon misses on stonhenge or pyramids if it goes for india.

You still have the problem of the Chinese building the Hanging Gardens if you chase after Stonehenge. I do have to say that the current patch makes the AI build wonders much later than before (previously Stonehenge and Pyramids were almost always built before the Greeks arrive on stage).

Will definetely try out 5 as Japan :)

Do Oceanic islands (Indonesia, Philippines etc.) count as Australia, Asia, or neither?

And the Russian UHV theoretically could be done with 7 cities, couldn't it? I've never played as Russia (more into Ancient/Classical Civs, plus the Khmer and the Mali, for whatever reason), but the UHV doesn't require a single city in Europe. Of course.. it would mean giving up starting workers..

I don't know if I intend to do any of these, at least right now. I'm sleepy, and I don't want to think on how to accomplish them. :sleep: Maybe tomorrow, after I get back from the movies.

In fact, right now I might go play as the Mali, test out just how much extra barbarian pressure Rhye put on them. :sad:

I've built every wonder except Stonehenge all the way to Notre Dame, which I finished the turn before UHV victory, with the Romans.

Also, I had Mayan vassals in that game and I had a caravel near their canal city. When it passed through the city, there were 3 Mayan defenders and one incredibly weakened barbarian attacker(like the smallest sliver of health left). Next turn, the city was gone. I don't know what the hell happened, but my guess is there were at least 3 barbarians hanging 2 tiles out of the city that somehow managed to get in and destroy them.

Didn't really care, I had already gotten through, only to remember that the Incans weren't going to spawn for another 150 years.

Top Bottom