1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

4 ways to utilize your neighbor City State

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by glory7, Jun 22, 2014.

1. The Pilgrim

The Pilgrim Deity

Yes they will. Moreover, they will keep a worker safe garrisoned in the city doing nothing. I.e. wasting hammers on something absolutely useless at that point. Have you noticed AI is slightly ehm... dumb?

2. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Cut your lousy hairs!

Glory7, with tommynt, are probably the 2 best overall players(both sp/mp) that i never encountered. These guys are true tacticians and it's hard to see fails in their play. Never i will say that Glory7's post is junk. I only refered to mp. In sp games i can see this strategy being applicated more often.

But if you take a look at some situations it's certainly not always the case. Imagine if the only close cs is a friendly mercantile one. Are you going to stay at war with this cs when you know that you gonna need it in mid game when your cities will explode in population(or number)? Surely not.

Like every strategies, they need to be taken with a grain of salt. Also, like i said, these guys are so good that anything they do looks pretty easy on paper when, often, it's not the case for majority of players.

I completely agree about your comparison of Pubs/NQ games. If you can avoid pub games, do it! :lol:

And finally yes, the season is over. Time to pass to other things...though it's a huge day for hockey today with the transaction limit day(July 1st) so there is a full coverage of this here in Quebec....we do love hockey very much so 80% of sports news are related to hockey even in summer :eek:

Spoiler :
    Why? Are we at least friend? :)

3. Grendeldef

Grendeldef Trancerelic

I've been living with the rule of thumb that as long as CS of my unit is at least 1/3 of that of CS of the city & garrisoned unit. Being on rough terrain is favourable & highly advisable. If there's a galleas as well it's usually deadly but the same rough estimation applies.
    The main problem occurs when the city is building/buying ranged units and can shoot twice on a same turn. Doesn't happen very often with CSs but it's fairly common while sieging a city of a proper AI nation.