40 Civilizations: Choose Your Own Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the point is Singapore is a shining state, and its only because its a dictatorship.
Am I wrong or is Singapore not much more than a City State? Having a country that is particularly small will certainly be a major factor in it being able to differentiate itself from larger countries in many ways, including getting unusually high rankings in a lot of the statistical charts that you guys are talking about.

I do not think that it is fair to discount this fact and then claim that another factor (such as the existence of a dictatorship there) is the primary reason or even the only reason for a particular differentiation.

By the way, Yoshi also needs to fix up his changes in the DI2 game. Not only are his hiatuses affecting his own games, but they are spilling into others' games as well! :eek:

however the more successful basic Singaporean economic plans were also enacted by China and showed similar successes. The article I gave shows that as well. However on a few cities in China actually go by these economics and most of the rural poor areas are totally ignored.

STOP the madness!!!:mad::mad::mad: :nono::nono::help: :help: :help::help::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash::c5angry::c5angry:When did this become a political forum!?!?!?! Yoshi, update this so it all goes away!!! (I'll give you a sammich)

Nothing has been posted for 6 days, i think the politics is over :D

Hey Yoshie! you're here as well??

:p

I think I will deem that an update.

We last left off with Niko waking up to an empty crop basket and fear-mongering from others not to drink the apparently poisoned water supply.

Narrator: Of course, it's a bit early in the game for an AI to have sufficient Espionage Points to be able to Poison the Water Supply, so that news is questionable at best.
{1} NIKO: Hey, who are you and where did you come from?
Narrator: I actually come from a different series of stories. Yoshi doesn't generally use a Narrator, at least according to my vast memory of experiences.
{1} NIKO: What are you talking about? Who's Yoshi? What's a narrator?
Narrator: I believe that now is not the time for these matters to be discussed. You have other pressing issues that await your input...

Anyway, Niko had been sent to the neighbouring Portuguese kingdom to meet with their leader, Maria, in hopes of obtaining aid for the survivors of the disaster, no matter how real it really might turn out to be. Maria seemed amenable to offering aid and had promised such. Shortly thereafter, before the shipping details could be arranged, two vicious, towering brutes broke into Maria's inner chamber, stole her away, brushed aside all resistance from the guards, and carried her to the rooftop where they were threatening to drop her over the edge.

Niko, having sent Gaillic off to purchase a hat for Maria, was on his own and did his best to follow the brutes. He found the brutes on the roof and it was time for him to act.

{8} MARIA: Hurry up, Niko! My life is at stake here! What are you going to do?
{0} MARIA: Please hurry!

Niko thinks to himself. Hmmm, Maria's life-force meter just dropped down to 0. I have to act quickly. But, what should I do? Popular opinion amongst The Voices in my head suggests that I bluff my way through this suggestion by making fake threats... threats that I probably really can't back up. Okay, well, I might as well make them very outlandish if that's what "The Voices" really want.

{1} NIKO: You lot, there! Yeah, I'm talking to you! Let go of her! Maria is my woman!

Maria blushes but the ruse seems to work. The men brought Maria back from the edge of the roof, let go of her, and advanced on Niko.

{10} TECOCOL: Oh, yeah? What are you going to do about it?
{10} ZOLTON: Come on puny man, show us what you've got!

{1} NIKO: Ahh, but you see, it is not me but my fanatical friend who will be your undoing! Gaillic! GAILLIC! Your presence is needed, Gaillic!
{1} GAILLIC: You rang? Hey, check out this cool hat! It isn't quite suitable for Maria but it fits me perfectly. It has a few too many feathers on it, but the merchant man assured me that the skull was genuine.

Gaillic puts on the hat, which looks more like a ceremonial headdress.

{10} ZOLTON: Tecocol, look! It is He, the One Great Slaughterer of Enemies and the Enslaver of Nations!
{10} TECOCOL: Are you sure? His skin looks a little pale.

{1} GAILLIC: Well, yes, I have been wearing sunscreen of late. Oh, and another thing...
{1} NIKO: "Gaillic! Gaillic MONTEZUMA," stating the last bit with emphasis as he stared directly into Gaillic's eyes, "these fine gentlemen from your vast and glorious kingdom are prepared to execute this enchanting and harmless beauty, Maria! What do you have to say on this matter?"
{1} GAILLIC: Oh, errr yes, errr, oh wait, hmmm, YES, I mean: How dare you?! Can you not see that these actions greatly displease the mighty Gaillic Montezuma? Bow down on your knees before your maker and prepare to receive your punishment!

Surprisingly enough, the brutes listen to Gaillic.

{1} GAILLIC: Further, I say, let your heads touch the ground and may they remain there.
{1} GAILLIC: (In sotto voice to Niko) So, what do you think that we should do now?
{1} NIKO: (Also in sotto voice) Let me handle it.

{1} NIKO: You there, the one named Zolton! You are the wise one of the group, your life shall be spared. Please rise so that you may better serve your master, Gaillic Montezuma.
{1} ZOLTON: I rise and obey. I shall follow Gaillic Montezuma till death, his or mine.

Uh oh, thinks Niko. Unless that's a typo, Zolton's death clock has just changed, too. Oh well, at least it shows that he will loyally be on our side.

{1} ZOLTON: Gaillic Montezuma, what service do you require of me?
{1} GAILLIC: Well, for starters, I would prefer it if you simply called me Gaillic. We don't want to give the locals too much advance warning of who is really amongst their midst, if you catch my drift. They might choose to strike pre-emptively, destroying our advantage of surprise.
{1} ZOLTON: Gaillic, your words are wise. You have gained a loyal follower today.
{0} TECOCOL: "Zolton, you fool!" uttered Tecocol from the ground, with dirt cluttering his words. "Can't you see that you are being tricked?"
{1} ZOLTON: Tecocol, you said the same thing right before you slaughtered the 2nd Highest Priest of Quetzalcoatl, forcing us to escape from our own kingdom in fear of our lives. It is time to stop running and I have made my decision.
{1} NIKO: Zolton, I believe that you know what must be done.
{1} ZOLTON: Gaillic, it would be my honor, if you would only give the word.

Narrator: That's honour...

{1} ZOLTON: Who's that guy? Anyway, forgive my misspellings, my culture has been influenced by the deceitful lies of the neighbouring Washington. I say again, that it would be my HONOUR to do this service for you.
{0} TECOCOL: What are you doing?

Tecocol starts to rise. However, it is too late. Zolton's jagged Jaguar sword is already descending and cleanly slices off Tecocol's head.

{8} MARIA: Well, boys, now that that situation is over, shall we retire to my study for tea? Indeed, I would like to discuss this matter of being called "Niko's woman"...
{1} NIKO: Errr, yeah, about that...
{1} ZOLTON: Great Gaillic, if it would please you, I will wait outside and guard the entrance to better ensure your security.
{1} GAILLIC: Yes, yes, sure that would be fine... er, I mean... Indeed, that behaviour would please the Great Gaillic. Please proceed as though you were my new chief of security. In fact, I name you my new Chief of Security. Off with you, to your duties!
{1} ZOLTON: Yes, sir, it would be my honour, sir!
{8} MARIA: "Now that the crisis is over, what are we to do about you?" Maria asks, as she looks pointedly at the Narrator.

Narrator: What who me? I'm just an observer here. The real one that you are after is Yoshi. I think that it is time for The Voices in Niko's head to decide what to do about the matter.

{1} NIKO: Hey! How did you know about The Voices? (Looks at Maria) I mean, ummm, never mind.

Narrator: It is time to choose. What shall it be?​

Option 1) Burn Yoshi at the stake for not providing proper updates
Option 2) Continue to spam Yoshi's threads until he starts updating them again
Option 3) Add Yoshi to your ignore list--any time that he updates one of his threads, it's just a "fake update" like the one that he gave above, anyway, so better off not getting your hopes up and then continually dashing said hopes again and again
Option 4) Vote for Dhoom to start his own Choose Your Own Adventure thread (but with different characters and a different story) and put Yoshi to shame

Option 1234 looks good. ;) :p :D :mischief:

Option 1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Reading that made me want to finish the update, and really this time :D

(And when have I ever done a "fake" update?!?)

(I shouldn't promise anything anymore, but I'd say tomorrow for the update)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

awesome that you managed to include the Honor vs. Honour battle :lmao:

Option 1 should provide a nice campfire for.... well campfires are always fun :p
but Ill think I'll vote for option 5: We force Yoshi to hand over his save and Dhoom will continue this... But option 4 sounds good to (even if Yoshi will continue this :D)

@Dhoom: Nice job. :goodjob:

Now, I won’t say anything about updating in fear of insulting the great god of hypocrisy.

:D

With this update, I aim to finally lower myself to 4th in the list of longest updaters

List of Longest Updaters
  1. Ninjacow
  2. Yoshi
  3. Civ'ed
  4. General Olaf

Does my thing count as a story? it's last update was the 7th :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom