1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

40 Civilizations: Choose Your Own Adventure

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Yoshiegg737, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

It's finished :crazyeye:

2. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

The moar cat one :p

3. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

Oh that. It's taken so long that I had forgotten about it!

List of Longest Updaters
    1. Ninjacow
    2. Hoplitejoe
    3. Yoshi
    4. Civ'ed
    5. General Olaf

4. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Bridge Overseer

I am not the list!

5. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

That is one list you don't want to be on...

List of Longest Updaters
    1. Ninjacow
    2. Hoplitejoe
    3. Yoshi
    4. Civ'ed
    5. General Olaf
    6. Red Spy

6. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Bridge Overseer

I know, but didn't HJ's stories all been finished?

7. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

That's what I thought! But I had forgetten about his MOARCAT story, which he hasn't updated for a while

8. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

NARRATOR: As Niko stood watching the huge men hold Maria above the ground below off the roof, he tried frantically to think about what he should say to save the day.

The strange man at the end of one of the palace hallways continued to talk to himself. He stood behind a stand, selling hats, which looked severely out of place as it stood beside the grand columns of the palace walls. Seeing the stand, Gaillic turned to walk towards the stand.

{1} GAILLIC: Hey! Are you the hat vendor?
    NARRATOR: Not the slightest. I am actually the narrator of your story
    {1} GAILLIC: Story? What story?
    NARRATOR: Your story of course. I’m just the narrator who comes and goes through different dimensions to narrate all your stories. In fact, I’m in the middle of narrating a story about a fine chap named Alexander
    {1} GAILLIC: Well that’s...uhh...fine and all, but can I buy one of those hats?
    NARRATOR: I’m sorry, but these hats do not really exist
    {1} GAILLIC: Come again?
    NARRATOR: Everything I possess is really a figment of your imagination
    {1} GAILLIC: So...I can’t buy the hats?
    NARRATOR: No, you cannot. Now if you will excuse me, I have to tell an audience about the events happening to your friend Niko
    {1} GAILLIC: What’s happening to Niko?
    NARRATOR: I cannot tell you that
    {1} GAILLIC: Why not?
    NARRATOR: Because if I was never here, you would not know about these events. So really, I will pretend that I was not here which results in you never knowing the events that are transpiring right now
    {1} GAILLIC: What does transpiring mean?
    NARRATOR: Farewell, my friend, I shall be telling the tales of your adventures for years to come!

And with that, the strange young man and the hat stand vanished. Not with a cloud of smoke, or a puff of ash, it just seemed to fade away into the walls.

{1} NIKO: Put the girl down safely. Now.
    {7} MAN: Ah ha ha ha ha! What are you going to do about it?
    {1} NIKO: I...I...

Come on, Niko, think! Use the diplomacy skills that you apparently have!

{1} NIKO: Well...I...am actually the King of Poland!
    {7} MAN: Huh?
    {7} SECOND MAN: Uhh...what’s Poland?
    {1} NIKO: Well...you see...it’s this small country near this awesome country called Celtia

Maria’s face seemed to light up, as if to tell Niko, “Keep going!.” Niko didn’t really know how long he could keep going.

{7} MAN: Enough! Who cares about your puny country that I have never even heard about?!?
    {1} NIKO: It’s simple! It’s because I have a large army outside, who currently aim arrows at your head!

The man looked out onto the streets of Portugal. Niko also looked in hopes of seeing a convenient army who just so happened to be strolling by. Niko saw something else instead.

{7} MAN: All I see is a pack of German Scouts!
    {1} NIKO: Ah ha! But you see, they are not really German Scouts, but they are actually a band of violent Polish warriors ready to behead you!
    {7} MAN: They look completely German to me!
    {1} NIKO: But you see, we actually share German blood, causing all of us to look just like Germans!
    {7} MAN: They don’t have any weapons!
    {1} NIKO: They are concealed in their...uhh...clothing!
    {7} MAN: And why do you look nothing like them?
    {1} NIKO: Because I wear...royal attire?

It seemed like it was all going well, but Niko felt the conversation begin to fall apart like a Jenga Tower.

{7} THIRD MAN: And hey, are you not that Celtic Scout?
    {1} NIKO: Oh...
    {8} MARIA: And it was going so well too...

At that moment, Niko felt like the first man was going to drop Maria to her death at any minute. That, however, was not the case. The man took Maria, threw her back onto the roof, and began to roar in laughter

{7} MAN: AH HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA! I like you, Celtic Scout. What’s your name? And what was the name of that guy you were with?
    {1} NIKO: Umm...I’m Niko...and that guy was Gaillic
    {7} MAN: I’m known as Genghis Khan, Military advisor to the strongest empire this world has ever known!
    {1} NIKO: And what empire is this exactly?
    {7} GENGHIS: Mongolia. I invite you to come visit our empire and meet our leader. We shall be waiting in the chariot outside.

And with that, Genghis Khan and the other two men descended the ladder and left. Niko ran over to help Maria up.

{1} NIKO: Maria? Are you ok?

But was she ok? Upon lifting her from the ground, her cute smile was gone, her happy expression faded away making her look a little...mentally unstable.

{8} MARIA: He...he invited you to Mongolia?

Her voice sounded changed. Niko didn’t know how to deal with this, but the tension in the air did feel even more than before.

{1} NIKO: Well, yeah, he asked me to come
    {8} MARIA: And you’re not going there, are you?
    {1} NIKO: Uhh...
    {8} MARIA: YOUR NOT!
    {1} NIKO: Ok, ok. Fine, I’m not going.

She seemed to calm down after that, but that reaction made Niko curious as to what was in Mongolia that Maria didn’t want Niko to see

{8} MARIA: Terrific! Shall we go in for some tea now?
    {1} NIKO: Uhh...yeah...sure. I’d like some tea.

Gaillic strolled past the grand staircase that sat in front of the grand entrance to the palace. There truly wasn’t anything like this at home, so Gaillic took a second to look at it. Would it be nice if his home looked like this? That was when Niko ran down the grand staircase.

{1} NIKO: Gaillic? Change of plans!
    {1} GAILLIC: Change of plans? What are we doing now?
    {0} NIKO: We’re leaving, and we’re leaving fast

Niko and Gaillic both dashed out of the palace. In fact, they dashed out so fast that they completely did not notice their death clocks drop a number.

{0} NIKO: The guards may be after us, I’ll explain later!
    {0} GAILLIC: What did you do to make the guards chase you?
    {0} NIKO: That’s what I’m going to find out!
    {0} GAILLIC: Sometimes, you’re as strange as that guy I met in the palace
    {0} NIKO: What guy?

Just then, a pack of Portuguese Spearmen walked out onto the middle of the road ahead of them.

{0} NIKO: Actually, how about you tell me later!
    {8} SPEARMAN: Hey! That’s them! Let’s get them!
    {0} GAILLIC: We need to get off the road!

Niko looked frantically left and right. Gaillic yanked out the map that Ricardo had given them earlier.

{0} GAILLIC: Maybe this map shows an alleyway of some sorts!
    {0} NIKO: I can’t even read that freaking map!
    {0} GAILLIC: It’s called “being artistic”
    {0} NIKO: Oh forget it! Just run the other way!

Niko and Gaillic turned around and ran back towards the palace. They quickly saw a road branching out on the left and right side. Niko and Gaillic chose to run down the left side just as they spotted more spearmen run out of the castle.

{0} NIKO: We need to get outside! There’s a chariot out there!
    {0} GAILLIC: Why would there be a chariot out there?
    {0} NIKO: I’ll tell you later!

It was at that instant that they saw spearmen coming around the corner ahead of them. But before Niko and Gaillic could turn around, somebody grabbed both of them and pulled them into a nearby building. The guards did not seem to have seen them.

The building smelled like fresh baked bread. Niko and Gaillic turned around to see that the shop was a bakery, and that the man that pulled them in looked very out of place with the scenery.

{0} GAILLIC: Niko! That’s that guy I was telling you about!
    NARRATOR: Come, into the back room before you are spotted

Following the strange man, Niko and Gaillic followed him into a back room. The back room contained mostly many bags of flour, and an iron door that seemed to lead into a back street of some sort

NARRATOR: You should use this door. It will take you to a back alley. From there, you must remember that the crate of apples is your only ticket out of Lisbon
    {0} NIKO: Wait...what? Who are you?
    NARRATOR: I am everything, and nothing, all at once
    {0} GAILLIC: See? I told you this guy makes no sense.

The strange man walked to the back and opened up the iron door.

NARRATOR: Hurry now! And do not forget about the crate of apples! Without it, you cannot escape!

Listening to the warnings of the strange man, Niko and Gaillic leapt out the door. Behind it was a narrow street whose only exit seemed to be coming from the direction of the entrance to the town. Upon closer examination, Niko could see the exit to the town at the end of the back street, past a water fountain that lay in front of the entrance to the city.

{0} NIKO: Come on, Gaillic
    {0} GAILLIC: Hold on, Niko, do you think the apple crate is somewhere in this alley?

The alley was only one street, lined with doors to various buildings on both sides. It was very much a different feeling than the outside street due to the more enclosed space. Niko immediately spotted a box with an apple painted on the side leaning on the side of the alley.

{0} GAILLIC: Niko! That has to be the box right there!

But before Niko could run towards the apple crate, he felt the touch of cold metal on his back. He looked to his right to see that Gaillic has a spearman with his spear pointed to Gaillic’s neck. Niko on the other hand had Maria with her sword on his back.

{8} MARIA: Walk forward and out of the alleyway
    {0} NIKO: Yeah...sure.

Niko and Gaillic walked slowly out of the alley. There was no way they could grab the box of apples now. Upon walking outside, however, Niko spotted an open crate, containing apples that a street vendor was selling. Could that be the crate of apples instead? A glance at Gaillic made Niko see that Gaillic was looking at the same thing. For the moment, however, Niko could see the spearmen chasing him earlier, to his left.

{8} MARIA: We are going to head back to the palace and have tea. Understood?
    {0} GAILLIC: I never knew you were so psychopathic!

Niko saw the spearmen hit Gaillic in the head with the blunt end of his spear

{0} GAILLIC: Ow! Geez!
    {8} MARIA: Psychopathic? Do you think I’m a psycho?
    {0} NIKO: Oh no...not at all. You just have a sword to my back, that’s all.

Maria stopped walking

{8} MARIA: You know, I thought that we could be friends
    {0} NIKO: And why not?
    {8} MARIA: Because you dare to visit the Mongols!
    {0} NIKO: Why do you want to keep me away from there?
    {8} MARIA: Why do you want to go there so badly?
    {0} NIKO: Because of what you seem to be hiding!
    {8} MARIA: Enough! We will continue to the palace at once!

Not until I find out what your hiding

In a swift motion, Niko bent down, watching the sword be thrust above his head, too slow to catch him. Niko kicked backwards, causing Maria to drop the sword. He then grabbed the sword and killed the spearmen that held Gaillic.

{0} NIKO: Let’s go!
    {8} MARIA: No! Stop them! Stop them at once!

Niko and Gaillic ran back towards the exit of the city.

{0} GAILLIC: Niko! Their shutting the exit gates!
    {0} NIKO: Then we will have to rely on that creepy guy!
    {0} GAILLIC: Your gonna rely on a creepy guy running a bakery?!?
    {0} NIKO: What choice do we have? We have to get to the apple crate!
    {0} GAILLIC: That’s all fine and dandy, but WHICH APPLE CRATE?!?

The guards were closing in on them behind them, the gates were locked, and there was the matter of how the heck an apple crate was going to help them. And speaking of the apple crate, what exactly are they going to do with the apple crate?

I was supposed to die tomorrow! Not now!

Survive

1. Run up to the street vendor crate and kick it
    2. Take the apples from the street vendor crate and throw it at the spearmen
    3. Throw the alleyway crate at the spearmen
    4. Grab the alleyway crate and run towards the gate with it

YAY! THE UPDATE'S FINISHED! NOW DON'T DIE :D

OP's been updated to include the last update. The last update was "Violent" in case I never told you already.

9. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

haha, a twist.... just when you think Maria and Niko will be friends they become sort of enemies :D
    anyway, non of the options make any sense, so the elimination of options becomes harder :p
    I think kicking the crate makes the less sense so 1 it is!!!!!

10. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

Congratulations! You just broke Ilduce's streak of always being the first person to post after an update :lol:

(Not a sarcastic remark, mind you)

11. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Bridge Overseer

Vote: 2

12. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Just luck;), was just taking a break from a Kiev-game of RFCE, to check the forum for some hints to get a UHV and decided to check my subbedlist :lol:

13. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

2. Take the apples from the street vendor crate and throw it at the spearmen

14. Dhoomstriker

Dhoomstriker Girlie Builder

Choices 3 and 4 refer to a crate with a picture of an apple on it, which is not necessarily the same as an apple crate.

Throwing apples, while they might get lucky and block the tip of a spearpoint, seems less effective than the classic "spill a bunch of round objects on the ground between you and your enemies" trick, so I'm going with #1: kick the crate, presumably to spill apples on the street, forcing our enemies to slip and fall and thereby behead themselves on their own weapons.

15. ilduce349

ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

damn it! Why the hell would you post it when I was on a plane

I choose option 1

16. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

Current Vote Tally

1. III
    2. II

Voting's still open. We have to wait for those New Zealand people, you know :D

17. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

*Picks 2 to attempt headshots against enemies*

18. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

5chars

19. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

Two please.

Nice A:CT reference BTW. :lol: :goodjob:

20. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Fix'd :D

Er, sort of. Something strange went on with the HTML.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.