40 Civilizations: Choose Your Own Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop the Spam, seriously.

Nah, just making sure nothing bad happens.

I have a LOT more I could post here. :p

One of the crates will lead to death. But which one could it be?

{0} NIKO: Gaillic! Get to that street vender crate!
{0} GAILLIC: I'm on it!

Niko chose the street vendor crate. Unlike the crate in the alley, the crate in the street was open and much closer to them. Upon dashing towards the street vender crate, Niko watched as both his and Gaillic's Death Clock's rose back to their original number of {1}. But now, there seemed to be one small problem...

{1} GAILLIC: What do we do with this stupid crate of apples?!?
{1} NIKO: You know, I never thought of that...

The spearmen ran towards them. They had to think of something fast.

{1} NIKO: Throw the apples!
{1} GAILLIC: What?!?
{1} NIKO: Just do it!

Putting the crate on top of a wooden table, Niko and Gaillic began furiously throwing the apples one-by-one at the spearmen.

{8} SPEARMAN: We're under attack! Take cover!

The spearmen quickly ran backwards away from the bombardment of apples. Meanwhile, Maria had slowly stood back up and snatched one of the spears from the retreating spearmen.

{8} MARIA: You fools! These are apples! Get them!

Perhaps after the knowledge of knowing that these were apples, Niko and Gaillic could still throw the apples at them to knock them over, or something. Kind of like those Carnival Games.

{1} GAILLIC: Niko! We only have 1 apple left!

Before the spearmen could charge again, a voice was heard from the other side of the locked City Gate.

{7} GENGHIS: Did I hear the word apples? Because my horse REALLY loves apples and you made her quite antsy
{1} GAILLIC: Genghis! Help us! Psycho chick is going to kill us!
{8} MARIA: Psycho? I'm not psycho! Why can't you just shut up, Shut Up, SHUT UP?!?
{1} GAILLIC: Well that seems pretty psycho to me
{8} MARIA: Damn it, just KILL THEM ALREADY!!!

The spearmen regained their balance and began to walk slowly towards Niko and Gaillic. Niko needed an escape, a way to break down the City Gate's, with his only tool being a single apple. Loud stomping could be heard from behind the City Gates and Niko suddenly had an idea.

So how much does Genghis's horse love apples, exactly?

With that thought, Niko threw the apple over the walls of the city

{1} GAILLIC: Why did you do that for?!?
{1} NIKO: Wait for it...
{1} GAILLIC: Wait for what?

Suddenly, the doors to the city burst open. A powerful looking horse busted through the ruined doors and began to eat every apple in sight. There was a few apples strewn about the floor, but quite a lot of spearmen had apples stuck onto their armour. They didn't live very long.

{1} NIKO: Gaillic! Let's go!

In the commotion, Maria failed to see Niko and Gaillic run towards the chariot that was flailing wildly behind the hungry horse with Genghis inside. He seemed to be having fun, however, and seemed to have the situation under control. Niko leapt on the chariot before pulling Gaillic up, who was almost trampled under the hungry horse.

{7} GENGHIS: Might want to hold on, my girl here can get very violent when around apples
{1} NIKO: Can't we escape now?!?
{7} GENGHIS: Nope, not yet. She has to finish eating first.
{1} GAILLIC: How long is that going to take?!?

Suddenly, the thrashing stopped. The horse suddenly calmed down as if nothing had happened.

{7} GENGHIS: That would be now

Genghis yelled at the horse. Instantly, the horse lifted its head and dashed through the broken City Gates.

{8} MARIA: Why didn't you stop them? Your specialized against Horses for goodness sake!!!
{8} SPEARMAN: Well...I don't remember being specialized against THAT horse!

Soon, the walls of Lisbon began to fade in the distance. Genghis's horse began to stop running and slowed to a walk.

{7} GENGHIS: My pal's went ahead, we should be able to reach our camp in a hour.
{1} NIKO: That was a pretty good escape, Genghis
{7} GENGHIS: Yeah, you had better say thanks to my horse, Kushi
{1} GAILLIC: Kushi?
{7} GENGHIS: Yes. I don't normally name my horses, but I like Kushi. Her name means "Living Happily"
{1} GAILLIC: Well, I can see that
{8} KUSHI: Neighhhhh

A bit down the road, Genghis stopped the chariot to answer natures call. Kushi went over to eat some bush leaves. It seemed rather quiet in the area, so Niko decided to ask Gaillic something that he had been thinking about since they had been attacked in Lisbon

{1} NIKO: Gaillic? You know about Portugal and Mongolia?
{1} GAILLIC: Portuguese leaders are psycho's and Mongolian's are most likely happy, friendly people?
{1} NIKO: Uhh...no...I mean about their feuding.
{1} GAILLIC: Maria hates the Mongolian leader, and the Mongolian leader probably hates Maria, right?
{1} NIKO: Yeah. Genghis probably wanted us out of Lisbon just as much as Maria didn't want us to visit Mongolia
{1} GAILLIC: So what your saying is that if we don't go to Portugal after this, Genghis and his hairy friends won't kill us?
{1} NIKO: Well...that. And also: Do you remember another conflict similar to this?
{1} GAILLIC: Uhh...no, not really...
{1} NIKO: It's Egypt and Spain I'm worried about. All this time, we have treated Isabella and Spain as an enemy. But what if we are being used? Being roped into their conflict by Cleo.
{1} GAILLIC: But their our friends!
{1} NIKO: They made us our friends, and we wanted to become their friends. We had just presumed at the time that Spain was the evil one
{1} GAILLIC: Well...then just take sides! Isabella hates us already, just stay with Cleo and nothing will go wrong!
{1} NIKO: Yeah, but what Cleo is on the wrong side? What if Isabella was on the right side?

And the book, the death clock, does it tie into this?

{1} GAILLIC: You saying we should visit Spain after this?
{1} NIKO: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. We've already been roped into this feud, and we should see it to the end. And I'm guessing that we've been roped into the Portugal and Mongolia feud too
{1} GAILLIC: Well hey, we're busy guys, aren't we?

Genghis came out of the woods. Niko and Gaillic stopped their conversation immediately. Kushi stopped eating all the leaves off one of the trees.

{7} GENGHIS: Ready to go?

Niko felt like he had just re-entered Lisbon. It was scary, eerie even, at how similar the architecture of Karakorum was similar to Lisbon. Of course, the designs were quite generic in both cities, but Niko wondered why the similarities. Enemies of each other probably would see each other's architecture and would focus on being different from the other, right?

{1} GAILLIC: Niko! Stop being so philosophical looking and let's go explore the city!

Genghis, Niko, and Gaillic got out of the chariot. Genghis began walking forward, causing Kushi to loyally walk beside him. Niko and Gaillic followed Genghis.

{7} GENGHIS: I presume that you wish to see our leader?
{1} NIKO: Yeah, I wouldn't mind that
{7} GENGHIS: Alright. If you wish to see our leader, you will have to participate in a traditional Mongolian custom. It's to determine whether you are worthy enough to speak with our leader
{1} GAILLIC: So what is it? Eating contest?

Genghis tied Kushi to a tree outside of a gigantic building that they arrived at after weaving through the streets of Karakorum. The building seemed to be much bigger than the rest of the buildings in Karakorum and there was loud cheering coming from inside. Genghis, Niko, and Gaillic walked inside the largest door of the building to see that the inside was a large area surrounded by seat's going up the walls in a circle. The seats were filled with people who were looking down at the empty area in the center.

{7} GENGHIS: Once you step in the center of our Coliseum, everything you need will be inside that chest over at the far end

Niko and Gaillic walked to the center of the Coliseum. Promptly, the gate behind them closed and Genghis walked up a series of steps behind the gate to get to the seating area.

{1} GAILLIC: So what are we doing?

A gate over at the far end opened. And out came a Lion.

{7} GENGHIS: Your goal is to tame the lion in any way you want
{1} GAILLIC: What kind of a custom is that?!?
{7} GENGHIS: Oh don't worry, we just fed the lion. He shouldn't eat you.
{8} LION: ROAR
{7} GENGHIS: But...you should be careful anyway

The lion didn't make a dash quite yet, so Niko and Gaillic quickly moved to the chest that lay on the opposite area of the lion.

{1} GAILLIC: What's with these civilizations and their customs?!? I wish I was back in Diamant...and why did I ever follow you out of the city in the first place? I want to go home...

Ignoring Gaillic, Niko lifted the lid of the chest and looked inside

{1} NIKO: Check it out, Gaillic, there's three items inside here
{1} GAILLIC: Alright, so what should we use? I'm sure we only need one of these items...

Our death clocks haven't gone down to {0}. This lion must be more friendly than it looks

Tame the Lion!

1. Take the lettuce, and give it to the lion
2. Take the hammer, and knock out the lion
3. Take the sleeping dart, and throw it at the lion
4. Take nothing and pet the lion

VOTING IS NOW OPEN!

We are nearing an important part of the story, and we are headed straight for the Technological story route. If you want to change the route, you better make some good decisions :D

4. Insanity is fun!

HE DID IT! HE ACTUALLY DID IT! :run: :run:

Er... in other news...

I vote 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom