43 Civilizations - Beta Testers Needed!

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

Attached below is a link to the 43 Civilization DLL. It is stable, but needs testing...and that's where you come in!

How to install:

1. Install Vox Populi as normal.
2. Unzip and install the 43 Civs CP linked below and place it in your MODS folder.
3.) Delete unnecessary files from the 43 Civs CP:
3a.) If using CP Only, delete the EUI and No-EUI folders from the 43 Civs CP folder.
3b.) If using EUI, delete the CP Only and No-EUI folders from the 43 Civs CP folder.
3c.) If using no-EUI, delete the CP Only and EUI folders from the 43 Civs CP folder.
Note: 43 Civs CP does NOT support just CP + CBO.​
4.) Open the remaining folder in the 43 Civs CP mod, taking note of the lua and xml files in this folder.
5.) Depending on your install (CP Only, no-EUI, EUI), navigate to that mod, open its LUA folder, and delete any/all lua/xml files that correspond to files in the 43 Civs CP mod.
6.) Delete the DLL from (1) Community Patch.
7.) Once complete, enable all mods and start a game.

Please note that you can have up to 43 Major Civilizations, and 20 Minor Civilizations. Any more than this amount will crash the game!

Please report all bugs related to this on Github, and make sure to note that you are using the 43 Civs CP DLL.

Have fun, and good luck!
G

Link to Mod: https://mega.nz/#!zEM3lIrY!4BjlsN_Zd2XwzjvXx-B12LOmq0p52wTn4zGPATKTf4M

Last edited:
Wait what 43 civs? Which civs? How all of a sudden?! Are they balanced with CBP? Thanks!

pls can you point me where i can adjust this for modpack to have at least 12 AIs for huge?(instead of 10?) thank you.

Wow, I was waiting for this for a long time, thanks!
I'm testing it right now on a TSL map

Edit: I could launch a game without trouble, using VP(10-9) + YnAEMP (v.24)
I will report any bug I found.

Last edited:
but it was possible in vanila. what is happend?
Well technically you can, but you have to know where to do it in the modpack and everybody has to have the same files. Though for the setting you are talking about, I believe only the host needs to have number of civs set. The whole database entries, except for the language, is in the Override folder in CIV5Units.xml. You'll have to edit Worlds, your desire WORLDSIZE_XXXX and <DefaultPlayers>X</DefaultPlayers>

Gazebo, I'll beta test it with the max civs and states. Any issue if I use the YNAEMP with Giant Earth with true resources locations or would it be better to use a Cummunitas map for issues of balance?

Last edited:
No idea. Should work either way.
A couple of hours of play, max civs on, looking good so far. I'm going to pic a fight with England soon, this island not big enough for the two of us. (I'm the Celts)

When I tried to use the Cummunitas map with 43 civs and 20 city states, the game ended on the first turn ( a loss).

Gazebo recommended I post it here to see if a mapscript modder can take a look at it.
It's logged as bug 2633 on github

Can you change this line to false and see whether the game progresses correctly?
Code:
local overrideAssignStartingPlots = true

Can you change this line to false and see whether the game progresses correctly?
Code:
local overrideAssignStartingPlots = true

Not a moder but I can learn to play one on TV. Could you point me to the file you are asking to change and I'll be happy to try it.

ok, I engaged my brain and went to the community patch folder and changed the Communitas.lua file in the mapscript folder. And, it worked! So, the question is, what does that change impact? Looks like a good fix otherwise.

Not exactly sure what the problem is but I guessed the modified functions included in Communitas don't take into account the changed numbers for either the major or minor civs, or both. I'll take a look and see if there are any specific calls to count those in those functions.

Top Bottom